Keeping Photoshop Up-To-Date

Many issues I encounter from users can be solved by simply updating Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw to the latest version.

Table of Contents:

What is the most current version?

2014 release of Photoshop CC

• The most current version for Photoshop CC is 2014.0
  • The most current version of Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop CC is 8.6 on both Macintosh and Windows.

Photoshop CC

• The most current version for Photoshop CC is 14.2.1

Photoshop CS6

• The most current version for Photoshop CS6 is 13.0.6 (Macintosh) 13.0.1.3 (Windows) for perpetual/boxed licensed product and 13.1.2 (Mac/Win) for Creative Cloud members.
  • The most current version of Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 is 8.6 on both Macintosh and Windows.

Photoshop CS5

Adobe DNG Converter

• The most current version of Adobe DNG Converter is 8.6 on both Macintosh and Windows.

Updating/Upgrading to Photoshop FAQs:

How do I check for and install the most current updates?

The easiest thing to do is to choose Help>Updates… from either Photoshop or Bridge:

This brings up the Adobe Application Manager which checks for updates:

Note: If you encounter errors or problems updating see: Troubleshoot Updates Errors

How do I verify if I have the latest version of Photoshop?

Photoshop

To verify you have the most recent version of Photoshop:

• Mac: choose Photoshop>About Photoshop…
  • Win: choose Help>About Photoshop…

This brings up the Photoshop splash screen which displays the version number: Creative Cloud CC (Mac & Win) 2014.0:

PSCC2014.0

Creative Cloud CC (Mac & Win) 14.2.1:

SFW_PS1421png

Note: The splash screen also indicate whether you’re running in 32bits (x32) or 64bits (x64).

How do I verify if I have the latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in?

To verify you have the most recent version of Adobe Camera Raw:

• Mac: choose Photoshop>About Plug-In>Camera Raw…
  • Win: choose Help>About Plug-In>Camera Raw…

This brings up the About Adobe Camera Raw dialog which displays the version number:

What if I update Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop still doesn’t recognize my camera?

What issues have been addressed in the updates?

Jeff Tranberry and John Nack have created blog posts which highlight the key fixes in each dot release:

What if the computer that Photoshop is on is not connected to the internet?

You’ll need to find a computer that is connected to the internet, and download the update to an external drive or media that you can move to the computer that’s not on the ‘net:

Photoshop CC 2014

Photoshop CC

Camera Raw 8.6 for Photoshop CC/2014:

Camera Raw 8.6 for Photoshop CS6:

Camera Raw CS6/CC update troubleshooting:

• Having trouble installing Camera Raw updates? See this article.

Creative Suites CS2-CS6

** Important direct download instructions (only required for links that are followed by ** See important download instructions below) To avoid the error “Access Denied: You don’t have permission to access “http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/…” on this server” follow the instructions below:

• Temporarily turn off firewalls, website/cookie blocking,  or antivirus software.
  • Visit this page then sign in with your Adobe ID (if asked) before clicking any of the download links above.
  • Close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
  • Download an installer – click or right-click on the desired link above and choose “Save Link As…” from the popup menu – and save all files to the same place (e.g. your Desktop).

For help installing after downloading the files complete , see this document: Start the installer after downloading.

182 Responses to Keeping Photoshop Up-To-Date

1. Len Little says:

I need help with up dats for CS4 if it’s possible, can I ad on the extension for 3D when I boughy my version I opened it before I realized they sent me the wrong one. I have the sixty-four bit edition. All my old plug-ins will not work either they are all 32 bitis is there some way i can make them work. thank you very much

• Hi Len. You need help with CS4? How long ago was that? You’re probably past the point of being able to return/exchange it Photoshop Extended. If you’re talking about Photoshop CS5 and you just recently purchased, you should contact customer care to make an exchange. Read this article for details on running 32bit plug-ins:

Plug-in changes in Photoshop CS5:

• Lee says:

Some of us Jeffrey cannot afford to upgrade photoshop every time it upgrades(too often) so dont be such a bloody snob, i know people who are still using versions of photoshop far older than CS4.

• Hi Lee,

That’s perfectly fine if you’re happy with your older version of Photoshop. You don’t need to update. We provide free camera compatibility for versions of Photoshop going all the way back to Photoshop CS2 via the Adobe DNG converter. More details here: http://adobe.ly/ACRandDNG

And, please, let’s not start name calling and keep things productive and positive on my pages, please. Thanks

• Andy says:

“As far as i am concerned, if a program works it don’t need fixing, so if ‘somebody’ is using Adobe photoshop 6, and buys a Canon Eos 6d, there should be updates available for the program to make the compatibility between the two seamless.”

You’re joking right? By your logic I should be able to play MP3s on my grandparents gramophone.

2. Dominique Boisvert says:

What if I run CS2?

3. kat gilbert says:

how simple…thanks for the heads up- even checking the downloads area doesn’t cover it as well!

4. rod says:

Im trying to install an update for CS4….however it keeps telling meto close Adobe Bridge. The problem is that Adobe Bridge is NOT open. As a result I cant upgrade. Any ideas?

5. steve says:

Please note that 12.0.4 was released on 5/3 and John Nack has a blog post:

6. Espen Rikter-Svendsen says:

How can I find out what is new in the newer versions and how important an update is? I have Photoshop ver 12.0.1 x32 and Camera Raw ver 6.0.0.205. The IT people here are reluctant to make available each and every update to each and every application, and I understand them well.

7. Adam Leja says:

I have CS4 suite and a D7000. Bridge nor photoshop will read raw files. Why is this?

8. Donna says:

So now all we need is the $500 to buy Photoshop right?

9. clvngodess says:

What if your computer with photoshop doesn’t have internet access? Then what?

10. Goob says:

I have Photoshop CS5. Will be available CS 5.5 for me as free upgrade?

11. Osama Zain says:

I have Photoshop CS5 ME version (Middle Eastern) & i cant update to 12.0.4 through update inside Photoshop
    any idea!!

12. zhandos says:

Fotoshop is perfect!!!

13. Abdullah Altaweel says:

I have a problem with the Adobe PS5 that when I open it I have lag when I try to do anything like open new layers or change fonts and every task takes 20sec to response my task
    To let you know I have MacBook Pro 2.3 i5

14. Blagoy Mishev says:

I have some difficult whit updating of Photoshop 7.0

15. Hi
    I am fairly new with Lightroom 3 and have recently changed from as PC (30 years on a PC) to an i mac. I put lightroom on the iMac however it will not accept the raw files from the camera disk. I use a dSLR Nikon 3100. Please help as I am now starting photography as a new business and am still working on photos on my laptop PC and sitting beside a huge iMac screen which I can’t use. What do I need to do? Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help, Prue

16. Mark Sheinfeld says:

I am currently running CS5 under Wiindows XP with a 32 bit processer. I want to upgrade to 64 bit system with correct operating system but am worried about all the plug-ins I have installed under CS5. If I upgrade to 64 bit operating system and machine what must I do about the plug-ins. Incidently all my plug-ins are of the OnOne, Nik, Pictocolor,Akvis, Neat Image, Noise Ninja variety. Thanks a lot.

17. Hi
    I am fairly new with Lightroom 3 and have recently changed from as PC (30 years on a PC) to an i mac. I put lightroom on the iMac however it will not accept the raw files from the camera disk. I use a dSLR Nikon 3100. Please help as I am now starting photography as a new business and am still working on photos on my laptop PC and sitting beside a huge iMac screen which I can’t use. What do I need to do? Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help. beng

18. issam says:

I have Photoshop CS5. Will be available CS 5.5 for me as free upgrade?

19. dayana says:

there is no photoshop css5 5 what diffrrence between photo shop cs 5 5 and the version photoshop that comes with creative

20. RAHUL chothe says:

21. rebecca wilson says:

I own photo shop 4. I’m changing laptops but cannot locate my dvd. I do have my # that goes with it. What can i do?

22. Michael says:

I own Photoshop CS5 (Mac/Lion) and can not print (Epson 3880 Pro). The errpor message reads:

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Filter/pdftopdf.app/Contents/MacOS/pdftopdf failed

Anu advice?

23. Andrish Saint-Clare says:

To whom it concerns.
    I put Adobe CS5 onto a G5 and My Apple laptop. Recently, the G5 became unserviceable and I got rid of it, however I forgot to deactivate CS5 before it went to the tip. I have now tried to activate it on my new G5, but it is telling me that the limit of 2 has not been disabled etc. So it does not recognise the trashed computer.
    I then tried to delete the whole program from my laptop but it won’t recognise that action either. I still have the disk, what am I supposed to do?

• Hi Andrish, I had support check the account for the email address you used to post and they didn’t see a copy of CS5 registered. I’ve sent you an email. I’ll need more info to have someone assist you.

24. Eraste says:

Tack för att ge det här programmet trotts jag ska lära mig mycket med detta.
    Hälsningar.
    Eraste

25. Liza C Wolf says:

I have been using PSCS5 on my iMac & I want to install it on a MacBookPro but I just moved and must have thrown out the disc. Is there any way out of this dilemma? (Other than to buy the full version)&what could I do when the next upgrade comes along & I try to register it?
    I have Lightroom 2 & 3 if that’s any help. And I think the last full version was PS3 or 5.
    your help would be much appreciated.

• If you registered your serial number on Adobe.com (which is always a good thing to do when you first install a product) you can log into Adobe.com and retrieve your serial number. Then you can simply download the Photoshop CS5 trial and enter your serial number.

26. Kanon Kulpa says:

I’m getting error messages when trying to open a PS file:

first one says, “There was a problem reading the layer data. Read the composite data instead?” And I click “Read composite data” button.

then I get this, “Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.”

I have Photoshop CS 5 Extended v12.1 – why am I getting this message? I can’t find a newer version than what I have.

27. Vivian Barrios says:

I have a Mac computer that belonged to somebody else, will I have a problem installing the Photoshop CS5 registered with my name?

28. Steve says:

I’m currently running OSX 10.5.8, Photoshop CS4 11.0.2, and Lightroom 3.6. I want to upgrade to Photoshop CS5, but I can’t seem to find a trustworthy place to buy an upgrade from CS4. Places like Amazon want $500-plus for what I assume is a brand-new copy and license. I’ve been looking for two days. Do I have any options here?

29. axle says:

How to Download photoshop express editor?

30. Malcolm Bond says:

Bought a new coputer running windows 7. Installed Photoshop CS6 3 days ago and initially it worked O/K, but now it refuses to work. The programme opens but no response when clicking the mouse. Microsoft Office works o/k.

31. Bruce Himelman says:

Jeff: recently updated to LR4.2 and I use PS CS5. Now I get that dialogue box when going to CS5 from LR, that asks you if you want to have lightroom render your photo and you need to update CR 7.2. Of course you can’t do that in CS5. This seems to happen every time Adobe updates lightroom. It happened when lr4 replaced lr3. Any ideas to fix this?

• Pete Green says:

What camera? What happens if you have Lightroom render the photo? That would be the recommended workflow to use the RAW files in CS5 since the ACR 7.2 update doesn’t apply to CS5.
      Your other alternative would be to use the DNG converter to be able to work with both applications outside of the camera’s RAW format.

32. When I try to run the updater it tells me the server is not responding. I have turned off the virus detection and firewall yet it makes no difference

33. There is no update available for Photoshop CS 3 rigth now

34. Hal Schneider says:

How can I get Version 12.1 for Photoshop CS5 updated from my Version 12.0.4 on my Mac.
    Apparently Apple says the 12.1 version will work with Mountain Lion while 12.0.4 will not.

35. Elena says:

Hi, I have a problem when saving files from Camera Raw. When I choose NEW FOLDER and choose the folder, nothing pulls up. When I try to save, the error comes up as THIS FILE CANNOT BE CREATED.

I recently got CS6 and had problems on and off with this and now the error persists. I checked for all updates and everything seems up to date.

Help!

36. lori says:

I bought a nikon p7700 and when I try to update to 7.2 it keeps saying update server is not responding or firewall settings may be incorrect

37. Alex Martinez says:

Are you guys updating the Adobe Camera Raw soon? I got a 6D and cant process my raw files :/

38. Daniel says:

Hi, the direct link for Camera Raw 7.3 Macintosh is not working.

39. Rob says:

Is there a 13.02 update for windows users with a perpetual license?

from above

“Photoshop CS6

The most current version for Photoshop CS6 is 13.0.2 for perpetual/boxed licensed product and 13.1 for Creative Cloud members.
    The most current version of Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop CS6 is 7.3 on both Macintosh and Windows.”

40. saeed rahbaran says:

I updated to 7.3 and still cant process the raw photos from my Fuji X-E1. Also my macbook is not letting me preview the files

41. Ivan says:

Is there a raw converter for elements 10 for a nikon D5200

42. Ivan says:

I have tried to install the dng convertor without sucess it looks as if I will need to update to Elements 11 many thanks for your reply

43. Glenn Auve says:

Is it not possible to get ACR 7.3 for CS5?

44. T.holy says:

Photoshop CS5 12.0.4 update on MacBook Pro with osx 10.5.8
    This is what I did: I already had a clone of my hard drive and since I had a clone that means I had a copy of all the fonts in font book(you can probably just copy all your fonts to an external drive). Step 1: go to font book and select ‘All Fonts’ in the Collection column and all your fonts should show up in the Font column.
    Step 2: highlight all your fonts in the font column and then hold down the command key as you deselect the few fonts your going to keep(I kept Arial, Arial Black, Arial narrow, Ballantines(bold, light, regular, demibold), Courier, Geneva, Helvetica, Helvetica neue, Lucida Grande, Monaco). This way your computer has some fonts to use since your about to remove the rest.
    Step 3: go to the file menu and choose ‘Remove Fonts’ (have patience as it may take a few for the computer to delete them)
    Finally: restart your computer or just leave it on like I did and open photoshop cs5 and your text tool shouldn’t crash your system.
    Just add the fonts u want to use now or as time goes by. I had over 1000.

45. ian smith says:

7.3 cam raw…… for mac. How do you get this installed on a mac if you do not have CS5. I have PSE 11.
    Nightmare.

ian

46. Lynda Williams says:

I have been showing an update available for Camera Raw since I purchased CS6 last year, however every time I try to update it the update fails, and suggestions?? I cannot edit my raw files due to this in Photoshop (I have to use Lightroom). I shoot with a Nikon D3100 and my OS is Windows 7. Also I am in the market for a new computer, and all have Windows 8 since I cannot afford a Mac. Will I be able to send my programs over to the new computer or will I have to buy them again?? I have been having a lot of hard crashes on the old computer lately.

47. David says:

I just got the RAW 7.3 update for my PsE11, and when I read thru the description, I wonder why I actually need it. The lens profiles don’t help anyway in Elements, and the fixes for iphones, LR and TIFF for bridge ect are irrelevant in my case. Obviously I took it anyway … (keen Adobe addict here), just curious if there’s anything in it I will notice? And (knowing this isnt the thread to ask), when will RAW for Elements include lens correction?

48. Centro Arte Fotografico says:

I want to open my photos in camara raw using adobe bridge, but not works only show this window:
    ¨Camara raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature. ¨
    what can I do?

49. JC says:

I have Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4 and Camera Raw 7.3. When I open images from a Nikon D7000 in Camera Raw, I have no lens correction data or camera profiles available. In Lightroom, all lens correction settings and camera profiles are available for the same images. Any ideas what I should do to fix that?

I thought I might reinstall Camera Raw but the latest version available from Adobe is 7.1. Why is that?

50. Rick Popham says:

Jeffrey,
    Why aren’t the Camera Raw updates available from the regular Product Download pages? The latest Camera Raw update listed on that page is 7.1. It seems a little strange to have to look for these on a Blog, so where can we find them on the Adobe site?

• We’re promoting the use of Help>Updates… mechanism to install updates – our data indicates customers are much more successful installing updates this way.

• Mark says:

Help>Updates wasn’t updating my version of camera raw. It showed as an older version 7.1 or 7.2 I forget which exactly but it was 1 or 2 versions behind. Was able to upgrade via the direct download link you posted on FB. Thanks!

51. kayla says:

I tried to download the new raw update but I have CS4 and it wont install….I can not get my RAW images to open anymore. Can I get any help?

52. Albert Barr says:

Hi Peter,
    my plugin of Camera Raw is 7.4.0.120
    that plugin I got from one site on the internet
    is the most actual and recent published by Adobe?
    thanks
    Albert

53. Albert Barr says:

Problem solved.
    “camera raw editing is not enabled bla bla bla “
    how to correct ?
    in bridge > Edit > preferences > General > behavior > Double click edit in camera raw !

regards

54. Raul says:

Hello
    I have PS CS5 Extended v.12.1 and i try today to update my Camera Raw from v.6.7 to7.4 but is telling me that is now update for me avaible. And also is a little problem on Lightroom v 4.3 i try to use my Nikon D80 in capture mode with him but Lr is not seeing my camera. I can fixed this problem somehow?
    Best regards.
    Raul

55. Piotr says:

Hi,
    when i try to update my cs6 it says that is up to date but still i have camera raw 7.3 version ? How to fix it?

56. Wim Rietveld says:

Using Lightroom 5 beta and exporting to CS6 invokes the question for Camera Raw plug-in version 8.1. Is there a beta ACR 8.1 available?

57. Edward says:

I have two older versions of Photoshop on one computer: Photoshop Elements 3.0 with Camera Raw 2.3 and Photoshop Elements 8.0 with Camera Raw 5.5. (The PS Elements 8.0 came as a package with a version of Adobe Premiere I purchased.) The computer has Windows XP Pro 32 bit installed.

I currently use a Nikon D70 (NEF files) but am considering the addition of a Nikon Coolpix P7700 (NFW files). I want to be sure the NFW files will open in the PSE versions mentioned above.

Can I just download and install Digital Negative Converter 7.4? I will eventually move the PS Elements 8.0 to another PC with Windows 7 installed. Any potential problems with two versions of PSE on the same computer?

58. Jenny says:

If i upgrade to CC for PS & LR and after the 12month period decide not to continue membership will I still be able to use my previous versions?

59. Jenny says:

If i buy LR 5 & then join CC will I get a reduction in price when i join

60. Sravanthi says:

I was getting DEP error on Vista with Photoshop version 13.0.1 (13.0.1 20120808.r.519 2012/08/08:21:00:00) x32. So i wanted to updated to new version as listed above to 13.1.2 but when i tried Help –> Update option adobe download manager popped up but it did not pick up any update for photoshop.

Thanks

61. Liz says:

You were able to provide me with the update for camera raw 8.0 that Adobe was unable to do…thank you so much…

62. Don says:

Is there such a update as Camera Raw 7.3 and if there is where can I get it?

• If you have Photoshop CS6, just choose Help>Updates… to install the latest version of Camera Raw 7.x. If you have CS5 or earlier, version 7.x is not compatible with older versions of Photoshop. You’ll need to use the free DNG Converter for the latest camera support in older versions of Photoshop.

63. charles forrest says:

I seem to have lost Photoshop, possibly because of changing internet providers. What can I do to recover? [low tech!]

• Not sure how Photoshop could have been lost by changing internet providers. Can you provide more information about what happened? Are you referring to Photoshop.com the website/service as opposed to Photoshop the desktop application?

64. Bill Goldberg says:

What can we do about camera raw for a CANON Powershot G15 and Elelments 9? we are up to date on the latest version of camera raw that Elements 9 supports – ACR 6.5.
    Is there any fix – or can we try to install on Elements 9 a later version of ACR – say 7.3 that supports the Canon G15?

Thanks

65. Don Gagnon says:

I had Photoshop CS5 and have subscribed to the subscription service for over a year now, at which time my Photoshop was upgraded to CS6. However, my present version is 13.1.2 x64, and I don’t understand, since I am paying for the subscription, why my Photoshop hasn’t been upgraded to the CC version. I understood that by paying for the subscription, I would always have the latest and greatest version of Photoshop.

• Pete Green says:

Hi Don,
      13.1.2 is the latest version of PHotoshop CS6. So you’re up to date on that front. If you want to install Photoshop CC, which you are certainly entitled to do, you can by downloading the Creative Cloud application installer and directing it to download and install Photoshop CC. More info here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/06/updatingupgrading-to-photoshop-cc-faq.html#install

• Don Gagnon says:

Thanks Pete. I tried to update my Application Manager, but it flashes an error message near the beginning of the process (it disappears too quickly to be able to read it), and then after waiting for a couple of minutes for the application to finish updating, it gives me an error. It did that twice, and when I tried it a third time, I got this message:
        “Adobe application manager is corrupted and must be reinstalled. Please contact customer support”
        I’m going to reboot and try again, and if that doesn’t work, then I’ll have to call customer support I guess.

66. Marie Bury says:

I have CS5 and just upgraded my camera from Pentax K7 to K5 mark II and find I can’t open raw files in Camera Raw. What do I need to do.?

67. Ashley says:

I just got a Canon 6D and trying to update the camera raw to the recent 7.4 version for PS Elements 11. It’s not letting me do it through the Help > Updates instructions stated on the Adobe site. I am getting an error message stating the update server is not responding. Is there a direct link to it?

68. Jan says:

I currently have PS3 Extended Version 10.0. Do I need to update? Everytime I go to “Help” and then select “Update”, PS crashes. Thank you!

69. Daniel says:

Bonjour,
    Je viens vers vous car je n’arrive pas à trouver sur le net une réponses à mes questions. Je suis sous Mac OSX 10.9.1 avec Photoshop CC 14.2 Camera Raw 8.3 & Lightroom 5.3 avec des boitiers Nikon. 1ere anomalie aussi bien avec Camera Raw que lightroom impossible d’appliquer le profil pour mon 105 macro nikon lors de l’exportation vers Photoshop: à chaque fois une bande noire correspondant à 1/5 de l’image à droite sur une photo format paysage et en haut sur la version portrait. Si on n’aplique pas la correction profil aucun problème. 2eme anomalie si je travail sur lightroom et sur une copie virtuelle l’exportation vers photoshop normale ou en objet dynamique ne tient pas compte des reglages de lightroom.
    Pas de problèmes avec des éditeurs externes comme Niksoftware…
    Bugs ou pas….
    Aucun problème avec la version 14.0.0 de Photoshop..j
    J’essaye de faire remonter l’info sur un forum Photoshop en francais de preference. Depuis que j’ai remis la version en 14.1.2 de photoshop CC que j’utilise pour mes Nef Lightroom 5.3 je n’ai plus de probléme.
    J’ai banni Bridge et Camera Raw car si j’ai le malheur d’ouvrir un raw par bridge et camera raw pour l’ouvrir dans photoshop le pb reviens. Je ne dois plus me servir de bridge…super.. Il suffit de le savoir.
    Pour info une nouvelle mise à jour de Photoshop CC 14.2.1 vient de sortir et miracle les bugs sont toujours présents voir pire. Les recadrages dans lightroom disparaissent dans l’exportation ds photoshop, la copie virtuelle 1 apparait sans réglage, les copies virtuelles 3,4..ne s’ouvrent plus dans photoshop….. Quelle avancée…..merci l’abonnement….retour à la case départ.
    La suite à la prochaine mise à jour…avec Camera Raw 8.4 release…
    Cordialement
    Daniel

70. Julie says:

I was using CS3 just minutes ago and then closed out, decided to work on my design a bit more and now nothing loads at all. The window around the tool bar and all the way around turns black and when I select any of the tools, I get a message Photoshop has stopped working. I have screen shots as well as my license information. I need to get this back working. I have tried restarting to no avail. HELP!!

71. Daniel says:

Bonjour, Je vient de mettre à jour le Plugin Nik software en version 1.1.1.1 Camera raw en 8.4 Photoshop CC en 14.2.1 TOUT fonctionne normalement It’s good…..OUF…
    Daniel

72. MF says:

I am trying to open .ARW files taken by Sony a7R in Photoshop. ARW files are converted nicely by DNG converter 8.3, but the resulting .DNG files are not recognized by Camera Raw. I have Photoshop CS4 and Camera Raw 5.0. Tried to update CR to 8.3 or whatever available later version either directly from Photoshop (“no updates found”) or by downloading installation file (installation does not work, ” this update is not suitable for your product”). What do I do? Thank you!

• If you launch the Adobe DNG Converter and click [Change Preferences] in the dialog, then choose “Camera Raw 4.6 and later” from the Compatibility pop-up and convert your files, do they open?

73. Daniel says:

Jeffrey,
    Comment modifier lors d’un recadrage l’arriere fond car depuis le passage à la version CC 14.2.1 l’arriere plan est toujours blanc quelque soit la couleur choisie. Impossible de la modifier.
    Merci d’avance
    Cordialement
    Daniel

74. Dick C. says:

I downloaded and installed ACR 8.4 for CS6 from the link provided above, only to discover that it doesn’t work on Mac OS 10.6.8 (note to Adobe: The damn installer should realize that and not perform the install). So I found a link to ACR 8.3 for CS6 (http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0/8.3.52/setup.dmg), but it would not install, presumably because a later version had been installed already. It gave me error code U44M2P7. What can I do to fix this?

75. Martijn says:

Doesn’t work.

I have CC, latest version 14.2.1 x64 (on Windows), and both updates packages say the update is not applicable for me.

Auto update from Photoshop doesn’t update CR either. Installing DNG converter 8.4 doesn’t update CR either. So how the hell to I update CR to 8.4 for sure?

76. Carlos Alberto Gagliardi says:

Não consigo instalar o câmera RAW 8.4…. diz que não é compatível com minha versão e estou usando a versão Photoshop CC 14.2.1.
    Alguém sabe o porque.
    Obrigado.

77. Cliff Warner says:

Having a problem upgrading to newest Camera Raw — please advise.

Mac 10.6.8
    Photoshop CS6 13.0.6
    Bridge 5.0.2.4
    Camera Raw 7.3.0.71

Photoshop/Help/Updates only shows Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Link to Camera Raw update from

Downloaded AdobeCameraRaw-8.4-CS6-mul-AdobeUpdate & installed using included Adobe Patch Installer

After installation, when checking Photoshop About Plug-ins get error message:
    “Could not complete the Camera Raw command because the file was not found.”

Camera Raw is now no longer available — none of my NEF files will preview (CR2 files do preview), but get same error message when trying to open.

In the new folder Library/Application Support/Adobe/
    CameraRaw/Adobe folder I find an AdobePatchFiles folder with this file
    {92D57C0C-ABBC-44EC-B6D8-0A9C6577CCAA}.zip

I’m wondering why there is a compressed file here?

Also in this CameraRaw folder are CameraProfiles and LensProfiles folders

Suggestions?

78. Tom Brayne says:

Mac OS 10.7.5, CS6. Downloaded and installed CR 8.4 as soon as Updater alerted in Mac toolbar – April/14. Camera Raw grayed out from bridge, command R shortcut dead. 8.4 PlugIn showed Adobe Soundbooth as “Kind” . Trashed that PlugIn, installed new from: http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/acr-84-bridge-cs6-metadata.html. Same behavior, no change.
    Deleted AAM logs as suggested above. No change.

Is there a working version of 8.4 available? The kind that works? From Bridge?

Sigh.

79. Harry Rzepka says:

Camera raw doesn’t save my corrected pictures when said DONE. It does’t show the badge and the sliders are not in the middle. I have CS6 and it worked fine until 2 weeks ago. What’s going on???

80. Richard Vail says:

I have a new computer without a DVD Drive and an older version of Photoshop. How do I get that on my computer? What options are there to upgrade to a newer version if the old version is not on the new computer?

81. Michael says:

Jeff, where is the link to update Elements 11 Camera Raw to version 7.4?

82. cloius42 says:

Why when I drag an image size 6×6 240 into a new file 24×7 240 image size does it print out 6.25×6.25?

83. Daniel says:

I’m having problems upgrading Camera Raw. Please advice.
    Mac 10.9.4
    Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 x64
    Bridge 5.0.0.399
    Camera Raw 8.5.0.236 (updated)
    Hi: I updated Camera Raw to 8.5.0 (that is what I can read) but the new tools are missing
    What can I do?
    Thanks in advance

84. Helen Ivory says:

I’ve ended up uninstaling and reinstalling CS6 and still not get the Raw Plug in downloads for the Canon 6d and G16. Do I have to download both 7.3 and 8.2, or just the latest beyond them? I’ve followed thread after thread and link after link and am still not able to make this happen. I don’t think I’m a stupid person – why must this be so difficult? solution please. I’ve done the photoshop update and it tells me 7.0 and further update attempts tell me I am up to date. Help please

85. Larry says:

I’m having problems upgrading my Mac 10.9.4 Camera Raw for processing ARW images from my new Sony a77ii. Am very frustrated after searching Adobe, Adobe forums, doing the manual Camera Raw plugin installation and installing DNG 8.6 Converter. Why can’t Adobe provide a simple download link for making this upgrade so I can process my new images in Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 x64, Bridge 5.0.0.399 and Lightroom 4.4?

Adobe’s not new in this business, and clearly, this frustration has been allowed to continue for months without proper resolution for those in this forum.

86. Gil says:

Hello,
    are there no news about Camera Raw 8.6 ?
    Regards

87. ann says:

I just downloaded ACR 8.6 on my computer, using PS CS6. I see absolutely no change and cannot see the before and after feature that is available in the 8.4 version. Was that just for CC or shoud it be in 8.6 for CS6 too. Also the Spot removal does not have any of the new features either.

88. Phong Le says:

Hi there, Is there any way to install Camera Raw 8.2 now? I updated my Camera Raw from Version 7 to 8.6 and found that it doesnt have some new features of the version 8.2 or earlier. Looks like the Spot Removal Brush of Version 8.6 are almost the same. Pls help. Thanks.

89. Susan says:

Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to quit working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I downloaded and installed the trial version of Adobe Photoshop CC 2014. When I run the program photoshop comes up with a window to continue trial then a window with the above message then it shuts down.
    I have a Window 7 Probook 4730, 5 core, Radeon Graphics.
    I’ve checked to make sure I have the installed the newest version.
    Any help would be appreciated.

90. Peter Nang says:

Sorry, that’s supposed to say Camera Raw 7.3 WINDOWS, not Macintosh. the Mac link is fine. Thanks!

91. Hi Peter,

Hmm the link seems to work for me. What issue are you seeing with the link?

92. Ashutosh Nigam says:

Try Help->Update again after deleting following folder contents:

For Mac:
    /Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0
    For Win:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

If it still does not resolve your issue then Please provide us with

Camera Raw installer log file at
    For Mac:
    “Library/Logs/Adobe”,
    For Win:
    Program Fies(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

AAM logs:
    For Mac:
    For Win:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

This would help us in resolving the issue.
    Please mail it to asnigam@adobe.com

Thanks,