Help with Downloading, Installing & Activating

I’ve tried to create a roadmap to finding help with purchases/orders, downloading, installing and activating your product.

Table of Contents:

Create an Adobe ID and Register Photoshop
Access Adobe Store Orders
Download, Install & Setup
Product Activation

Create an Adobe ID and Register Photoshop

First off, it’s extremely important to have an Adobe ID and register your copy of Photoshop. Benefits of registering your product:

If you need help creating or accessing your Adobe ID account, please consult the following documents for assistance:

Access Adobe Store Orders

If you purchased a product from Adobe and need help with your order, try the following links:

Don’t see the answer to your question? Contact support: choose “Photoshop” as your product, Choose “Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges” as the topic you need help with, then click the button [I still need help...] to be given options for chat and phone support if the self-help solutions provided don’t solve your issue. Chat support for order issues is available 24/7. I personally prefer the chat option over phone.

Download, Install & Setup

Bar none, this is the best place to find answers, ask questions and get help for download and install problems is in the specialized community where help is available 24/7:

Frequently Asked Questions:

If your question isn’t answered or you can’t find the the answer you need, please contact support: Choose “Photoshop” as your product, Choose “Downloading, installing and setting up” as the topic you need help with, then click the button [I still need help...] to be given options for chat and phone support if the self-help solutions provided don’t solve your issue. I personally prefer the chat option over phone. Chat & phone support for download and install issues is available Monday-Friday, 5am-7pm PST.

Product Activation

During the installation of Photoshop CS6, you will be asked to be online and use your Adobe ID to activate your software. You will only be asked to do this once, when you install your product. If you’re not online at the time of install, you will have 7 days to go online and complete this process. If your product is a subscription or Creative Cloud membership, activation will take place once every 30 days for a subscription license check. (This happens in the background) If you are not online for 30 days, your software will remind you to connect to the Internet.

Activation FAQs:

If none of the self-help solutions work for you, contact support: choose “Photoshop” as your product, Choose “Activating my product, or serial number issues” as the topic you need help with, then click the button [I still need help...] to be given options for chat and phone support if the self-help solutions provided don’t solve your issue. Chat support for activation is available 24/7. I personally prefer the chat option over phone.

27 Responses to Help with Downloading, Installing & Activating

1. Ken Gordon says:

Hi,
    I loaded the photoshop software on my PC but after I shut down and restarted my system would not restart until I went through the restore backup procedure which removed photoshop. The photoshop files seem to be still on my pc but I can’t seem to see a startup file to get me going again.
    Can you help me to get the show back on the road again?
    Best regards,
    Ken

2. I downloaded a trial copy of CS6 then purchased the program. When I installed the serial number I didn’t have an internet connection. After 30 days a window popped up stating that the trial had expired. I uninstalled the trial copy and installed a fresh copy. When I try to enter my serial number it says: This license has expired.

3. Hey there Rodger, you shouldn’t have needed to uninstall the trial and reinstall the software – in theory you should just be able to activate the trial permanently by entering the key you bought. Nevertheless, there should be no harm in doing that either.

If there’s no way you can get the software to accept your SN with Internet access on, then try contacting Adobe support via one of the options mentioned in “Product Activation” above.

There are also other ways to activate the software… See this FAQ for more details:

Adobe Software Installation and Activation FAQ

4. Al McKenzie says:

Yesterday I successfully installed Photoshop Elements 11. Seemed to work fine as I played around with it. Today I was asked to open Adobe Applications Manager to update Photoshop Elements. Everything went fine until I received instructions that I was to close ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe. I can’t find that toclose. The Update stopped on Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3.
    Can you suggest what to do?

5. Al McKenzie says:

Thanks! I will give that a try!

6. Al McKenzie says:

Okay, tried your suggestion, but the results are the same. About 9% into the update, I receive instructions to close ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe. I cannot find this.

I closed everything, including the Editor, but the update still stalls.

Any other suggestions?

7. Trudey Peterson says:

I have an old version of Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 and it is locking up. Currently I have Windows Vista…..were can I down load updates or fixes from?

8. Steve says:

I have purchesed the upgrade to lightroom 5 and now I am having trouble importing my catalog from 4. When I click on “File” there is an upgrade to Elements catalog but not Lightroom catalog. How am I to import my lightroom 4 into lightroom 5? I exported my catalog but it only seemed to capture 30% and those images I will need to relocate to use. Am I missing something very simple?
    Thanks
    Steve

• Choose File>Open Catalog and navigate to your Lightroom 4 catalog. Opening it up will give you options to upgrade it. On Mac it is located here:

/Users//Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom 4 Catalog.lrcat

9. Nicki says:

I currently have Photoshop Elements 9 installed. I can never view all my toolbar menus unless I reduce the icon size for my enire PC to small…which is almost too small to even read. I’ve purchased Elements 11 in hopes that this glitch has been remedeed but still wonder 3 things.

Does someone know if infact that problem has been fixed in “11″?
    Will I have the option to transfer my photos from “9″ somehow?
    Must I uninstall “9″ before I install “11″?

10. Richard says:

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 and when I try to install Lightroom 5 from CC it gets to 84% installed and quits. Any one know the reason why? it gives me these error codes:

Exit Code: 7
    – 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

———– Payload: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 5.3.0.0 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.pkg_5.3 ———–
    ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully.
    ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.pkg failed with exit code: 1

11. Roger Bishop says:

I recently had to replace my trusty desktop which had Photoshop 7 and it worked fine.

I tried loading the program on the new computer with Windows 7.

I enter the product code for the upgrade of Photoshop 7 and it asks for an earlier version so I enter the info for upgrade 5 and I get an error message to contact you.

So what now?

12. Hi:

My Photoshop Elements 10 was working fine. However recently when starting up it doesn”t let me in. I get the message error 6. The Photoshop program was on my computer when I bought it.

Sandra

13. Terri Chandler says:

I am currently running Adobe Photoshop Elements Version 7.0 for Windows and for some time now I have not been able to “Sign In” from inside the software to my Photoshop.com account. Instead I attempt to log in and receive an error message that reads as follows: “Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connections. Error 400″ I am not on a “network” and am not having any trouble with my internet connection. I came to the website, Photoshop.com and was able to log in and was recognized without any problem. When I click on the “Update Photoshop” option from inside the software it acts as if it is contacting “someone” and then says there are currently no updates available. Has Adobe stopped supporting Photoshop 7.0 and could this be causing my problems? I considered upgrading but would like to know why I can’t log into my account from 7.0 first. I have no other problem using the software at all, just can’t log in without receiving that error message. Thank you!

• Terri Chandler says:

Thank you for that information, which I promise I had called myself looking for and never found. I am relieved to know that I do not have to log in for updates, but what this link didn’t seem to address is that logging in is the only way we can use the scrapbooking artwork provided with and at one time downloadable, under the “Create” tab in Editor. I don’t do as much scrapbooking as I used to, but one does have to “log in” in order to use that feature before it will allow you to download any background artwork and since I can’t log in any more, that option seems to have become obsolete as well. Thank you and the fact of the matter is that I just need/want to update my Photoshop software and hope to do so more sooner than later. Thank you VERY much for all your help and support!

14. Jessica Grinaker says:

Hi. I am wondering if anyone can help me. I recently bought a new computer and i would like to install my photoshop design suite onto it, however the box was accidentally thrown away with the serial codes. Is there any way for me to get my serial keys back? And for me to install these programs? I bought them very recently and as it was quite expensive I am very hesitant to buy the box again. I require these programs as soon as possible for my studies, please if anyone can email me a solution or put me in contact with someone who can help me I would really appreciate it.

15. Ann Marano says:

Hi, In 12/13 I purchased photoshop elements 12 online version. could not download it. I had an adobe support advisor try unsuccessfully to help me. five different times. I got a refund. I tell you this because a week ago I purchased 12 again, this time a disc . Can’t install it. Keep getting error message 2343. Also a message saying remove 12.. .This is what I think..When trying to download the online version in 12/13, there is some part of it still on my computer. I found a file but it is empty. I have elements 8 which crashed just before I tried installing 12. I uninstalled 8.
    Hope you can help me..thanking you in advance.. ann

16. joshua wright says:

i recently bought photoshop cc but when i try to download it i get a message sayin “You are running an operating system that Photoshop no longer supports. Refer to the system requirements below for a full list of supported platform ” please help!!!!