Photoshop: Basic Troubleshooting steps to fix most issues

I’ve tried to collect a set of basic troubleshooting steps that should solve most problems encountered while using Photoshop. If you happen to encounter a crash, be sure to submit all crash reports. If you submit a crash report for a known issue to Adobe with your email address, we can email you a solution for correcting the problem.

Please try all the steps below prior to reporting a problemposting on the forums or contacting support for Photoshop specific issues.

If your issue is related to How To or changes in behavior between versions, please see the following article: Photoshop FAQs  (Frequently Asked Questions)

If your issue is with getting up and running, please see the following document: Help with Downloading, Installing or Activating

Table of Contents:

9. Restore Preferences
  10. Troubleshoot Plug-ins
  11. Troubleshoot Fonts
  12. Troubleshoot User Permissions
  13. Boot in “Safe Mode” to Troubleshoot System Add-Ons and Utilities
  14. Run in 32-bit or 64-bit
  15. Where can I download prior versions?
  16. Additional Information

Get The Latest Camera Support

Far and away, the most commonly asked support question is how to get raw file support for the latest cameras. All your questions are answered in the following article:

Install Adobe Application Updates

Many problems are fixed by simply making sure your Adobe software is up-to-date:

Troubleshoot Update Errors

Many update errors are caused by missing or modified files required by Photoshop, typically by a disk cleanup utility (Ex: CleanMyMac, MacKeeper, etc). Make sure you have the latest updates for your clean-up utilities or discontinue use.

Explanations of error codes:

U = Updater.
44 = Install Update Error
M1 = Automatic
M2 = Standalone mode
P = Patcher
6 = Done With Errors
7 = Installation Failed

ISSUE: Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7, U44M2P7, U44M1P6
SOLUTION: Run the installer. Reinstall Photoshop CS6 to repair/replace the missing/modified file. Select Help>Updates… to run the updater again. http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-updates-ccm.html

ISSUE: The adobe update 13.0.1.2 errors with code U44M1I210.
SOLUTION: Restart your system, download and install the updates manually. See “Solution 3″ here. http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1i210-installing-updates-ccm.html

Adobe Application Manager Doesn’t Show Updates

If you know that an update is available but no updates show up when you select Help>Updates… try the following solution:

1. Quit Photoshop
2. Remove the Adobe Application Manager (AAM) Cache by clearing the contents following folder:

• Mac: /Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0
  • Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

3. Launch Photoshop and select Help>Updates… to check for updates

Install Operating System Updates

Make sure operating system is up-to-date as well:

Install Video Card Driver Updates

On Windows, unexplained crashes and screen/document redraw issues can avoided by using the latest video drivers directly from the card manufacturer’s website (nVidia or ATI/AMD). Simply running “Windows Update” doesn’t ensure that you have the latest and greatest driver. Here are directions to determine what video card you have and download/install the most current driver:

Disable & Troubleshoot OpenGL/Graphics Processor

In some cases, having the latest driver may not cure all problems related to graphics cards and drivers. The quickest and easiest way to determine if the problem is with your video card or driver is to disable the OpenGL Drawing/Use Graphics Processor preference. Directions here:

See this document: Error: “Graphics hardware not officially supported” in Photoshop 13.1 if the following error appears when you open Photoshop CS6 after updating to version 13.1 and 3D functionality is unavailable:

warningmessage

Have you recently installed Windows 8?

There is a known issue with the AMD ATI Radeon Catalyst Display Driver 12.4 driver. Directions to correct the issue here:

Reset Tool

If a tool in Photoshop is misbehaving (e.g. The crop tool crops a tiny little grey square, or painting with a brush paints the wrong color or nothing at all) try resetting the tool settings:

• Right-Click (Windows) or control + click (Macintosh) on the Tool Preset Picker in the Tool options bar and select “Reset Tool” to reset the active tool, or “Reset All Tools” to reset all tools to their factory default settings

ResetTool2

Restore Preferences

Returning Photoshop’s preferences to their factory fresh state can solve many issues:

Troubleshoot Plug-ins

Many issues arise from using older, incompatible plug-ins created for previous versions of Photoshop in a newer version or simply by installing plug-is incorrectly. In general:

DO:

• Check the plug-in manufacturer’s website for the latest version of your plug-in
  • Use the manufacturer’s plug-in installer to install their plug-ins

DO NOT:

• Do not point Photoshop’s “Additional Plug-ins” preference (Preferences>Plug-Ins…) at a previous version of Photoshop’s ‘Plug-Ins’ folder. (Photoshop CS6 or earlier – Photoshop CC doesn’t have this option)
  • Do not manually drag plug-ins from a previous version of Photoshop’s plug-ins folder to a newer version of Photoshop’s ‘Plug-Ins’ folder

If you encounter unexplained problems or crashes in Photoshop, use the following documents to determine if plug-ins are the problem:

Troubleshoot Fonts

Many problems can occur when using 3rd party fonts, including crashing or hangs when selecting the Type tool or making the Character panel visible. A bad font or fonts can also cause general performance issues when launching or using Photoshop. Validate and remove duplicate or troublesome fonts to impove stability and text tool performance:

If font names appear more than once in the font menu in Photoshop CS6 on Mac OS X:

Troubleshoot User Permissions

If none of the troubleshooting steps above solve your problem, it may be user permissions related. Simply using a Repair Permissions command is not always bulletproof. I highly recommend trying a new Admin user account to verify a permissions problem prior to trying to repair permissions.

Once the Admin user account is created, log into the new user and run Photoshop to see if the problem goes away.

Boot in “Safe Mode” to Troubleshoot System Add-Ons and Utilities

Sometimes, 3rd party extensions and other utilities can interfere with Photoshop’s operation. On Macintosh, Safe Mode disables all third party extension and startup items and only runs required kernel extensions & Apple-installed startup items. On Windows, Safe Mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers.

To boot your computer in “Safe Mode”:

Run in 32-bit or 64-bit

If Photoshop runs normally in Safe Mode, chances are a driver (printer/device) or extension (system or plug-in) may be the cause. Sometimes drivers have unique problems running in 64bit or 32-bit. Try running Photoshop in 32-bit mode or vice versa.

Windows:

Run Photoshop CS5, CS6, or CC on Windows as a 32-bit application:

1. Close Photoshop
  2. Navigate to the Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CS5 or the Adobe Photoshop CS6 folder
  3. Double-click the Adobe Photoshop CS5.exe or the Adobe Photoshop CS6.exe file

Run Photoshop CS5, CS6 or CC in Windows as a 64-bit application (if your version of Windows and your hardware supports 64 bit):

1. Close Photoshop
  2. Navigate to the Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CS5 or the Adobe Photoshop CS6 folder
  3. Double-click the Adobe Photoshop CS5.exe or the Adobe Photoshop CS6.exe file

Macintosh

Note: Photoshop CS6 & CC is a 64-bit only application on Mac OS X.

Run Photoshop CS5 on Mac OS X as a 32-bit application:

1. Select the Adobe Photoshop CS5 application file, installed by default in the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5 folder.
  2. Choose File > Get Info, and select Open in 32 Bit Mode. (Deselect this option to run Photoshop CS5 in 64-bit mode)

GetInfo

Where can I download prior versions?

If you own a prior version of Photoshop, Creative Suite, Lightroom or Elements and have your serial # but lost your installation disks/DVD, or have a new computer that doesn’t have a DVD drive, you can download installers for your product from the following links.

Additional Information

Please see the following documents for additional general troubleshooting:

393 Responses to Photoshop: Basic Troubleshooting steps to fix most issues

1. Connie Duinink says:

Have Album Starter Ed. 3.2, registration time has expired. Not techy so didn’t know about that. When I try to save pix off my camera, they seem to automatically go into this program. I can see thumbnails of the pix but can’t get at them. Need some kind of a “key” to unlock? What do I have to do to get access to my pictures?

2. Mel Wittenstein says:

Hi
    When i try to use the lens correction function in CS6 i get this message:

“CS6 Error Message Could not complete the Lens Correction Command because the file could not be found.”

I also got this message in CS5. While I get some function in Bridge i would much prefer to use it in CS6.

Thanks for any help with this problem

3. Johannes Bos says:

I recently purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 on my computer running Windows 8. The software seems to have installed properly; however, I receive a Windows error message when I attempt to open the program. The program will not open.

I was told that this software will work in a computer running Windows 8. My computer exceeds all of the other requirements needed to run this software. Can someone give me advise on how I can make this work?

Johannes Bos

4. Patricia Sheley says:

CS6 Processing Prophoto in ACR , opening in PS for conversion through SEP2 then saving as PSD and Tiff. No matter what route is taken the Tiff saves come result overexposure. A large file jpeg is correct, psd is correct but not even image processor can provide a correct tiff. Files are approx. 217MB. All applications up to date and opened PS with the 3 finger reset all preferences. Just can’t figure out why this is happening. The common denominator is in the flattening. All files flattened before save produce a lighter saved image. Thanks for help in understanding. This happens whether working in Prophoto or Adobe RGB spaces. Thanks if this rings a bell with anyone.

5. Jacqui Wyett says:

I am getting fed up with not being able to load my Photoshop Elements 9 onto my new laptop with Windows 8, can any one help me please.

6. Phil Quinn says:

We cannot open saved e-mails as they come up with the Adobe icon and cannot open old e-mails. Is there a solution to this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

7. Chance Garrity says:

I purchased Premier Elements 11 and it will not wrote to a DVD. It constantly hangs after I create the DVD menu.

8. George Hubert says:

Windows 8. is there no info on drivers etc for win 8 every site I visit talks about every windows but 8 I upgraded from win 7 (huge mistake) there seems to be no support for new users and win 8 will not load many of my applications that worked perfectly in win 7

any help available?

9. Michael McDermott says:

When I open my Premeire Elements 11 I get this message
    “We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a faster playback performance, please update your display driver.
    Display driver details :NVIDIA Corporation-Geoforce GTX 260M/PCIe/SSE2 3.0.0″

I went through the NVIDIA site to update the driver and everything seems to be updated. No other video programs are showing any issue..is there something that I can do on the Adobe side to fix this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated…

10. I run Lightroom 4.3 on a new Windows 8 pc (Lenovo T430s). I have problems exporting from LR4.3 when I try to specify the file size (limiting it to 2 meg). I get an export operations message listing files that could not be written. All files are written, however, the file sizes range from 1 meg to 5 meg. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

11. juan Carlos says:

when I try to use my photoshop cs4 in an user account, i have an error, but when I use the administrator account works perfectly fine. Can you tell me what files or folders needs to be running as an admin. I am working for a school so we need the users account. thank you

12. Barry Marshall says:

I am having trouble getting complete install of Photoshop 7. I had this installed on my computer. My hard drive failed. Put in new 2 TB hard drive. The drive is virtually empty with tons of room. When I install ps7, I get a message that the scratch disc is full. It hasn’t even been installed complelely.

13. I teach computer art and we have imac 21 inch first gen intels. Each has a dedicated graphics card with 256 megs vram. I use photoshop cs4 extended on all the computers which are basically all cones. However, some will do 3d and some wont. The ones that wont always freeze up when we convert a regular layer to a 3d postcard from layer. The computer then freezes and we are forced to restart photoshop. Any ideas why this is happening?

14. r says:

When I try to insert effect on adobe, a window ” could not complete your request because of a program error” pops up. How can I fix this?

15. Esther Weiler says:

I am having problems with my eye dropper tool, swatches and also any of my actions that contain a Stoke. Whenever i use these i have a error appear ” Could not complete the command because of a program error” I have reset all my tool preference and re-installed Photoshop. Problem keeps appearing .

16. Andy says:

Hey, I’ve been having a weird problem with my Photoshop.
    I can work with it normally, but the “Save As” window keeps popping up. It’s courteous enough to wait while I’m applying effects on the layers, but while I’m working on the image itself (like say, using the brush to color it), the window keeps appearing without warning. Even when I’m using the Transform tool, there’s this box saying “Apply the transformation before saving?” that also keeps appearing. And it’s something recent, too, I haven’t had this kind of problem before.
    What could be causing it? How do I solve this?
    Thanks in advance.

17. Abid says:

I have an issue with adobe photoshop CS 6. when i open it there comes a pop up and following error is displayed.
    photoshop has detected graphic hardware that is not officially supported. if you experience problems please uncheck the use graphic processor check box in the performance panel of preferences dialogue. but still problem continues.
    I have tried alot to find new drivers as well but nothing is working can you please help me?

18. Dennis says:

Problem solved Had freezing problen in CS6. Software froze when open or new was used. Also did this from Bride and lightroom. Opened in safe mode and it worked fine. Remembered I had updated video driver a few weeks earlyer. Rolled back driver in device manager/properties and all is good and working. If your freezing on opening image, try rolling back video driver.

19. Mpfunzeni says:

When loading a tiff file on Adobe Photoshop CS5, The loaded layer appears with the correct boundary but the image contents are replaced by a uniform/single colour showing no details of the image.

20. rusith says:

hi … i have a update erro photoshop CS6 please help me how to fix it..

21. Gabby James says:

The past few months, I’ve been having a couple different issues: 1) When I save my image, pixels tend to move around of their own accord, and when I go in to fix it and save again, they’ve moved in another seemingly random way (colors change, random lines show up, etc. It doesn’t seem to be limited to just one or two areas/effects, either), and 2) Anytime I hold down shift to make a straight line (sorry, don’t know what that is called), that straight line tends to do one of a few things: lag, appear elsewhere on the image, go the opposite direction I’m trying to go, or go perpendicular to the direction I’m trying to go. These issues have only been occurring in the past month or so, and I’ve made sure everything is up to date (PS, graphics card drivers, etc) and downloaded no 3rd party software. I though it was just overuse (last month was finals and I’m an art student, so it was being used about 23 hours a day for about 5 days.. Fun times), but I took a break from it and the issue is persisting.

Info I Think You Might Want:
    Photoshop CS6 (I have the whole Master Collection, if that info helps at all. My school rocks) (All Adobe stuff is up to date)
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS Service Pack 1 (up to date)
    Wacom Intuous 4 tablet (though I tried using the Tact-X keyboard and mouse, and there was no difference) (up to date)
    AMD Radeon 6900 series graphics card (drivers up to date)

22. peter meissner says:

Sometimes when I try to make a panorama of shots, I cannot, and a message comes up: not enough memory. Has anyone had a problem like this and if so, how to correct it?

23. Ann says:

I have 2 problems…
    1) When I click on the type tool I get a message saying “ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS6 HAS STOPPED WORKING: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”. And then it shuts down the program.
    2) After it started doing that, now when I open PS I get a message saying “Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware. Check the manufacture’s website for the latest software. I click OK and then it lets me start using PS, but not the type tool.

Any suggestions?

24. Ann says:

Thank you, Jeffrey.
    I ended up calling Adobe support and they fixed the problem.

25. Evelyn Mayes says:

I have been working in CS 5.1(64 bit) on a very large file of what will be a blues album cover. I have made numerous copies along the way until the last few days of work when suddenly my document will not open. A pop up message says this file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop. Nothing has changed. As I recall I just closed the doc. normally but something seems to have corrupted the file. Is there any way to fix this file and open it again?
    Any advice will be much appreciated as a lot of work went into this document. Thanks so much.
    Evelyn Mayes

• Hi Evelyn,

It’s possible the file has been corrupted (file corruption is almost always hardware/disk failure related). I would try restarting your machine and opening the file again. As a last resort, you could try opening the file with the Shift and Alt/Option keys pressed to try and load the composite data. That would open the files composite data (sans layers) – but that may be better than losing the file altogether.

26. Vall R. Bankston says:

I’m an “oldie” but I’m still using photoshop 7 and it does everything I need. The problem here is I can’t get it to update. It just says “not enough memory RAM” I don’t understand how to fix this problem..It’s been working great for years and all of a suddenthis…any suggestions..What’s the tech service Phone # for adobe and I’ll just call them…

• Hi Vall,

Are you using Photoshop 7.0 (released in 2001) or Photoshop Elements 7 (released in 2008)?

Did this problem just start happening? Have you tried restarting your computer to free up memory?

27. Luca says:

I’ve already installed mountain lion release and now photoshop CS3 v10.0.1 doesn’t launch, doesn’t start at all, any idea?

Thanks

• Did you upgrade from a prior OS to Mountain Lion? Often times, Migration Assistant doesn’t move all the required files for Photoshop to run. I would try uninstalling using the uninstaller in the Photoshop application folder and reinstall.

28. Veronica says:

I installed Photoshop CS6 in April and it was working smoothly. Recently when I try to launch it it freezes while the survey participation window is trying to open. I’m always ask to participate although I’ve already done it several times. If I decline then the application shuts down. I’m working with Photoshop CS6 on a Macbook Pro
    OS X version 10.4.8

29. Michael Schwartz says:

I, obviously, did something wrong.
    Instead of my photo appearing in the upper left-hand corner of the workspace, my photo now appears in the center of the workspace, and the slide bars used to move to different sections of an image have disappeared.

How do I get my image back to where it should be?

30. Jamin says:

Do you know anything about the dynamic media link server? x

and also about reinstalling CS6…

• It’s a process used by Photoshop to encode and decode video. You can either quit the process in Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (PC) or restart the computer.

• tu says:

I have problem when trying to import video frames to layers, it didn’t work because: Dynamic Link is not available. I was searching the process of DynamicLink in Task Manager but I didn/t find any. I can’t fix it, can you help me? thank you.

• Hmm. DynamicLink is shared component. Is it completely missing? If so, try this: install Photoshop CC 2014 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2014 (15.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

31. Patty says:

I am having trouble using the the mask when trying to use the white and black squares and switching back and forth it won’t work. Keeps coming up ( Could not complete your request because of a program error.) Is there a reset button for this, I have rebooted many times hoping that would fix the problem?

32. Joshua Lopez says:

I Have a problen In Photoshop Cs6 Which Started Recently That In Evey Image I Open There Are Small circles Inside The Image So Please Be Kind Enough And Help Me Regurding This Matter
    Thanking You ,
    Joshua Lopez

33. Mark Strang says:

Files will not load from Bridge “Tools>Photoshop>Load Files Into Photoshop Layers”

34. francis says:

I have a bunch of pictures imported into an old version of photo shop starter addition and I cannot access them, because it keeps asking me to register, but the time has expired to do that? how can I retrieve them?

35. The clone tool in my CS5 appears, but doesn’t work anymore. I followed the instructions for the video in the “Restore Preferences” section first, but it did not work. I have put the preferences file back into it’s original folder like she mentioned and now I’m not sure what to do. The clone tool has been working perfectly up until yesterday. I have not done anything new or different to my computer or to PS CS5.

36. Charles Steinberg says:

Using Bridge to Get images from my camera. Has worked great until now but now Bridge (photo downloader) says “No Device Found.” This happens when even my iphone is connected via USB. Camera connected to different USAA port and neither are found. happens with Bridge from CS 6 and CS5. Happens with changing cables. Images successfully load onto my son’s computer via Picasa. What is going on that photo downloader no longer sees my images.

I had been using a 800 firewire card reader and several pins bent on that so I stopped.

37. Charles Steinberg says:

Wonder from reading this blog whether my having MacKeeper is the issus, version 2.1. I have discarded it and am reloading PS from Adobe…..

38. jay Seldin says:

Since I Downloaded PS CC My finder desktop only shows the Generic Icon of my PS Doc. How can I can the photo image back on my PS CC documents/files

39. JoLo says:

When I try to edit images in CS6 from LR, LR opens CS6 but no image appears. I get an error message saying “The file could not be opened because CS6 could not be launched” LR then prepares the file for editing. I’m using windows 7 and had this problem with LR4 and now LR5. I can open images in CS6 from other sources but not LR. I feel there is something quite simple at fault here but I don’t know what. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both CS and LR and in different orders, cleaned up registry, rebooted etc but nothing works. Please help!

• I would try restoring Photoshop preferences and restart both PS and LR.

• JoLo says:

I have done that. It makes no difference :-(

• Install the 2014.1 update or try this: install Photoshop CC 2014 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2014 (15.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

40. Rose for YOU says:

am having problem with Right-to-Left writing with Old Turkic

Turkish is written with extended latin letters left-to-right but;

Old Turkic is a Turkish variaton which is written Right-to-Left defined in Unicode Standart 5.2 Range 10C00-10C4F (Central Asian Languages group).

I have all the Unicode fonts with this range that support both the char codes defined by the standard and the glyphs are ok. I also use a custom designed keyboard layout designed with Microsoft Keybord Layout Designer (MKLD)

The keyboard layout can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/siddv9k7mjafzpr/Gök%20Türkçe%20Q%20Klavye%20Düzeni.rar

In the design test window I can write from Right-to-Left as it should be.

I can also write Righ-to-Left without problem in the default Windows Notepad.

The font file turkic.tff can be downloaded from: https://www.dropbox….k21n/Turkic.ttf

Now what heppens in Adobe Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6: In Illustrator the only problem is Right-to-Left writing. But the glyphs are ok: Screen Capture Adobe Illustrator CS6:
    17608_602788999754419_1972484840_n.jpg

Now when I copy paste this text to Photoshop I only see empty boxes incase of letters(glyphs): Screen Capture Adobe Photoshop CS6 Part-1:
    64817_602789539754365_783851705_n.jpg

When I change Edit-Preferences-Type Text Engine settings of Phtoshop From Middle Eastern to East Asian, I can see the glyps when I rewrite the text (not on the text previosly written) but I lose the right-to-left writing feature: Screen Capture Adobe Photoshop CS6 Part-2:
    14768_604133416286644_121476530_n.jpg

Does anyone can help me about this issue?

• David Mohr says:

Merhaba Rose,

In order to do right-to-left typography in Photoshop, you need to switch to the Middle Eastern and South Asian composer. You can do this in CS6 and CC by click Preferences > Type and choosing the correct composer via the radio buttons in the dialog. To see all the controls, click Type > Language Options > Middle Eastern Features. You will notice that your Character and Paragraph panels now have added icons. In the bottom left of the Paragraph panel, click the second icon from the left, which determines text flow. You’re now ready to type in Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, and similar languages. Check out my video which walks you through the whole process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m5mVTk

If you continue to encounter problems, just ping me and I’d be happy to help you.

Teshekkür ederim,
      David

41. Pete Snow says:

My computer now runs Windows 8. PhotoShop 10 and PhotoElements 10 will not load.

42. Elize Sander says:

I have Photoshop CC running on Windows 7. When I attempt to edit photos scanned into Photoshop CS6, I can not edit, can not add or duplicate a layer because it is “locked”. Is there a way to unlock the one layer displayed?

43. OIS says:

I have Photoshop CS5 installed on my windows7 system. It was working all fine until last week.
    From last week, I am unable to save the photos that I edit in photoshop.
    Its like, I save them, but I do not find them anywhere, not in the folder I saved them nor anywhere else in the computer.
    I also tried saving the pics as a copy still no luck. This is a work environment. I’d really appreciate it if someone could help me as quickly as possible!

Sri.

44. Sean says:

Howdy Jeffrey,
    I have an oddball issue that also occurs in SafeBoot (mac) and after a reinstall.

Whenever any text input gains focus, photoshop will select all then delete it. ANY input box. It could be the document name when creating a new file, it could be the file name when saving, color values, border sizes, dimensions, any and all of them. It’s also incredibly frustrating because some of these inputs will display a warning box when their value is erased, something like “this value cannot be blank.”

It also happens in Bridge.

Incase my description was poor, here are 3 images showing the process. In reality this process happens in less than a second.

Exhibit 1
    Exhibit 2
    Exhibit 3

45. MIKE says:

I have tried to contact ADOBE to answer a question regarding the thumbnails.
    Why after years has the resolution of my saved raw to tiff thumbnails been reduced that they are no longer visible? When I have completed my corrections/editing of my images I save them in Tiff to a desktop folder. When this folder is open to see the images the thumbnails are so low in resolutions you can not identify them,

What option has been changed? How can I fix it..

Mike Frey

46. MIKE says:

Jeff,
    I have opened my macbook which has CS4 installed. The low resolution of thumbnails is not a problem. All test that I tried raw to correction and saved as tiff on the macbook the thumbnails were of high resolution…I compared the preferences settings on both the desktop and macbook and they are set the same…

Mike

47. MIKE says:

Jeff,
    Both have the same identical operating systems,,,this was done because I sometimes use the macbook out in the field for my photography..

Mike

48. MIKE says:

Jeff,

If you want I would send you a comparison of the two thumbnail images.

Mike

49. John says:

i purchased Photoshop CS 3 , then updated to CS 5, i now run CS 6. is it necessary to have all three
    installed on my computer ? It seems now that after working for a while that Photoshop slows down
    until i close it off and reopen it and it’s back up to speed. thoughts ? thank you for all you do .

50. Rowell says:

I can’t uninstall Adobe Photoshop cs6. why is that?

51. Luis says:

I have Photoshop CS4 and the last several months I have been having an issue where my screen goes blank in the middle of working on anything, I removed Photoshop and it stop happening as often (but I left Ai, Dw, and the rest of the software) I reinstalled OS X and it got better it was not happening, so I decided to re-install Photoshop and it was fine until I started using it the computer crashed again.

When I finished the installation it said “DONE WITH ERRORS”

• Luis says:

I forgot to say that after the computer goes blank I restart it, but after showing the Apple logo it just goes to the blank screen again, I have to shut it down and restart it about 15 times to get it to star up normally and then it asks if I want to open the programs I had open before shutting down.

• It sounds like the computer is having a kernel panic which would indicate more serious issue (possibly hardware related, possibly OS driver related) I would run hardware diagnostics or have someone at an Apple store help you.

52. Kelly says:

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 and I just got a new computer that is running Windows 8 OS. My disc will not work with it. Anyone know where to find drivers that will let the disc install? Or a download that I can use? Thanks! :)

53. Wayne says:

When I 1st installed Photoshop CS4, i was unable to see any images unless I was dragging the frame. There was some setting but I can’t remember what iy was. Now it is doing it again. PLEASE help

54. kevin says:

hi all i have a problem with layers – i open up a photograph this shows as background…..then i open up another this also is a back ground.( the original goes from the layers box)
    the 2 open photgpahs have a tab each…when i click on each one that one will show as a background in the layers panel…when i go to to the other that then then that is the background….the 2 never appear together on the layer panel…..basically i want one to show as background and the other to show as layer at the same time – any ideas?

55. Samantha says:

Hello, I have CS6 Extended and am not seeing the Oil Paint filter in my Filter list. I have tried resetting my preferences and that didn’t work. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks!

56. Marie says:

Hey, I’ve been running my Photoshop CS2 and I had to re-install it again after re-installing a new copy of Windows 7. It’s come across this error: ‘Unable to continue because of hardware or software’ every time I’ve opened it. I’ve tried the Alt+Ctrl+Shift option, then deleting and renaming the prefs file, but the issue still continues. Are there any possible suggestions on what I could do to fix this, please? Thank you.

57. Ronald Backer says:

Recentlydownloaded Photoshop Element 11. When I open Internet options thid software opens. It will not allow me to open to any web site

58. Paul says:

Merge to HDR Pro In photoshop CS4 from lightroom 4… doesn’t work. It opens, seems to process and then it closes the window with zero result. When I open the images in photoshop and run the merge to HDR Pro all i get is a grey screen. Please help. I need a work around or solution.
    This is not a problem in PSD CS5. Please advise.

59. Luis Castaneda says:

About three weeks ago I started to have problems with my pictures, being printed with a text massage of “Do Not Copy” no matter what picture I pull from Adobe Bridge, I have checked my Layers, Levels and Channels, still I’m at my end witts, any suggestions? . I may tell you about two years ago I think me label one of my photos with “Text” Do Not Copy at 45 degree. When I printed that picture, it printed with the water mark, but not visible on the monitor. From then on no matter what picture I print it prints with the same watermark. It appears that is somehow in a betch mode.
    Any suggestion can be greatly appreciated.

60. Dan Caldemeyer says:

I have CS4 and it has worked great for years. I can not open photos in order to edit and print them. Error pop ups have indicated “Adobe Bridge is running out of room”. Also “Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Try purging the Central Cache in cache preferences to correct the problem. I have no idea what any of this means. I checked my hard drive and it said it only had 3GB out of 999gb left. I have a 1 terabyte HD. I need someone that really knows what they are talking about because my photos are my lively hood. I have everything backed up on an external 2 tb hd. I have tons of photos in IPhoto, (the same ones i have in my pictures in my computer) I dumped a bunch of those but still have a ton left in IPhoto. I could really use some help here. Thanks, Dan

61. Jinx Bailey says:

I have Photoshop Beginners 3.2 and XP, Chrome. Yesterday while I was in Internet Explorer something happened and all of a sudden your system popped up and started re downloading all of my photos, over 2,000. When it finished the screen looked like a thumbnail and barely see tiny specks that are photos and I can’t figure out a way to bring them back to the original form, a real picture. I’ve gone in to most of your help sections and I don’t really know what I am looking for so any help will be appreciated. Am afraid that the way the photos look now if I tried to upload the pics to another system I might just get this thumbnail looking thing. Thank you

62. Craig Tews says:

My photoshop 5 crop tool is not set right. If I try to crop on the right it brings the whole image to the right.

63. Paul Van Elsberg says:

Merge to hdr pro photoshop cs6 does not work. Get weird grey result. Same if I open in photoshop from lightroom 4. Lots of people having this issue. Is there a fix? If so what is it?

64. Emily Penso says:

Hi,

I am having issues with using Photoshop on my new desktop computer.
    When I use the magnetic lasso and text tools the screen flicks black so that I can’t see the image that I am working on. And it is impossible to use. Very frustrating!
    I have read other posts about this and have tried changing my performance preferences to basic drawing mode and it has not helped.
    Do you have any other suggestions?
    Your help is appreciated.
    Emily Penso

65. Pepper says:

Signed up for the whole creative suite. Everything seems to work fine, except for Photoshop.
    The screen (working area) turns black when I am using the type tool or the select all. (So I can’t see what I’m doing till I select a different tool from the side bar. I have a brand new computer so I know that’s not the issue.)
    My last version of photoshop was CS3, so dont know if this is something new or a glitch. How do I stop this? Thanks! Pepper

66. Paul says:

Hello. When i use my Brush tool, its drawing only white. If i have my both colors set black, it´s still drawing white, help :)

67. Надя says:

Ошибка: 16 пишет при открытии программы каждый раз. Я дважды переустанавливала программу. Не помогло. Что делать? Загрузка и установка проходит успешно, но программа не открывается. Пишет Ошибка: 16. Помогите. Как её устранить?

68. Louise Cote says:

When I quit Photoshop, I get a crash message, and the window has a report that goes back to Apple. Photoshop has also become balky, making me wait for silly things like a window to open or a command to be executed. I remember similar things happening a few revs ago, and there was a (preferences?) file that needed to be deleted, but I’m not that crazy anymore! Your suggestions are appreciated.

• There’s something wrong if Photoshop is crashing on quit. My guess is you have a Font Management plug-in that has a problem, and or the a corrupt font or font cache. have you tried the troubleshooting steps for Plug-ins and Fonts?

69. meredith says:

When I import from a reader card, iPhone, etc the window that pops up does not show completely. I can not get to the bottom of the screen. I am on a mac laptop. This one window will not let me resize it to get everything on the page. At this point I can not import photos from my iPhone. HELP

70. Audrea says:

I am having trouble using my pen tool in Photoshop CS6 when I need to use the add anchor point tool. I get a message at the top of the screen that says “No options for the add anchor point tool”. I tried to correct the problem by pressing Ctrl, Alt, Shift as Photoshop was loading, and I did not get the dialog box for me to select yes or no to reset preferences. The dialog box does not show up at all. I have tried this numerous times to no avail. Please help, I am in the middle of a project and need to finish in a timely manner, thanks advance for feedback to this matter.

• Did you try just resetting the tool? The other option is to watch the video and restore the prefs without using the shortcut method.

• Audrea says:

Yes sir I tried resetting the tool and that did not work. I also made sure that I have downloaded all current updates for Photoshop cs6. I will watch the video and hopefully that will help. Thanks for your time.

71. J Williams says:

I have Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium on a Windows 7 64 bit computer. About a month ago Premiere Pro would not open. It would start and then just shut itself down without fully loading. Our IT department reinstalled Premiere and it’s now fine. However, I can no longer open Bridge correctly. It will open and load a page then five seconds later an error window pops up stating “Adobe Bridge CS 5 has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.”

How do I fix this and am I going to have this problem happen to each of the programs in CS5 one by one?

• Hi J, it sounds like the installations are being damaged somehow. You probably want to track down what’s causing that. Are you running system cleaners or other utilities that would modify or delete files that are required by our applications?

72. J Williams says:

Ah, that may be a cause. I think someone ran CC cleaner recently. Will look into that. Thanks.

73. Emil H. Bosch says:

Hi

I’ve created a PNG file that I use as my watermark (Emil Bosch Photography) quite a while ago and have used it to good effect.

Currently I cannot get it to be placed over my pics. In the layers window it is locked and is called “Index”. I’m using PS CS6.

Please help!

Kind regards
    Emil

74. Helen Cramer says:

I am 87 years old and not fully computer wise but have used Adobe photo shop for many years without trouble I have run into with new computer and upgrade to windows 7. In middle of printing a booklet. A lot of photos, No problem, but now doing a number of pages of type and no matter what I do my scans print out with a light grey background on both my coloured printer and black and white. So not printer. I have tried using white background on photoshop for back and foreground but doesn’t make any difference although works if I add another colour. Image looks ok on computer scan screen . I have tried both OCR and straight scanning. Going insane as I have spent days trying to rectify this. Can you please advise. Thanks Helen Cramer

75. Cindy Cruzen says:

I am having frequent crashes in Photoshop CS6 when sending a file to print. Can you tell me what to look for in correcting this?

76. Cynthia Boyson says:

PLEASE HELP NEEDED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Unable to get Healing Brush Tool to start functioning again. It was working great and then stopped for unknown reasons. I tried reinstalling PSE 9 from my original disc. Tried suggestions from other users posted online including use of reset tool and reset all tools, sample all layers to no avail. Have VERY SHORT DEADLINE TO SEND PHOTO FOR TRANSFER TO CANVAS TODAY TO MEET DEADLINE FOR ART EXHIBITION. ONE SMALL AREA UNCORRECTED!!!! YEOW!

77. simran says:

I am trying to import a 3d object into Photoshop CC.

Message:- Could not complete your request because 3D functionality is currently disabled due to OpenGL being disabled.

How can I resolve this?

78. Sabrina Johnson says:

I downloaded photoshop cs6 recently and when I tried to import a youtube video to make a gif, it says “Photoshop has stopped working”. How do I fix this ?

79. Sabrina Johnson says:

I have followed some of the suggestions given and I still receive the same error when I try to import my video, also its a trial version so it would be a waste if I can’t fix this problem now.

80. I can not see the radial filter in camera raw.
    got the normal linea filter, but still don’t geht the button on the tool bar.

Install now 8.2, 8.3, and final 8.4. Same story. not button.

81. Lilly says:

When I try to resize images from Bridge by going to tools and selecting photoshop>image processor I get the message “no source files could be opened by photoshop” I’ve used this function hundreds of times in the past and I’m not doing anything different. I’m currently using it with NEF files but even when I’ve converted all the NEFs to JPEGs and try resizing those with the image processor, I get the same message.

82. Doug Fowley says:

How do I go from PS CC to LR5 when I have started in PS. I know how to go LR to PS back to LR but I have a photo which is already in PS but want to go to LR. thanks Doug

83. Frank Gerris says:

Can not access rulers. I hit cntl +R and nothing happens. I also tried “view” Ruler is greyed out???

84. Terri says:

I can not get the document to come up in the main window of Photoshop. I just did a new download of Photoshop yesterday and it was working this morning and now it isn’t working again. Is there something special I can do to make it appear again??

85. faiz says:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x32
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1
    System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading
    Physical processor count: 2
    Logical processor count: 4
    Processor speed: 2394 MHz
    Built-in memory: 4010 MB
    Free memory: 1785 MB
    Memory available to Photoshop: 3255 MB
    Memory used by Photoshop: 59 %
    Image tile size: 128K
    Image cache levels: 4
    OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.
    OpenGL Drawing Mode: Basic
    OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: False.
    OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: False.
    OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.
    Video Card Vendor: Intel
    Video Card Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Display: 1
    Display Bounds:= top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 768, right: 1366
    Video Card Number: 1
    Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    OpenCL Unavailable
    Driver Version: 8.15.10.2266
    Driver Date: 20101216000000.000000-000

this is my system info

can u say why oil paint is not working in my photoshop cs6

can u fix that problem pls

• You have multiple problems:

A) you’re not running the current version: Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x32 – and you’re running the 32bit version on a 64bit OS.
      B) Your video card is out of date: Driver Date: 20101216000000.000000-000 – It’s from 2010.

Follow the instructions above to update Photoshop and your video card driver.

86. Clay says:

I’m just trying to use the paint bucket tool and it’s been almost 30 minutes. Any ideas?

87. Peter Crowell says:

Creative Cloud says I need to update Photoshop CS6.
    I have tried and tried but the update consistently fails.
    Why can’t I just send an email to get an answer? Why do I have to blog, tweet, Facebook, FAQ myself to death, read pages and pages of stuff that does not help?
    Great support…

88. huntermatreskew says:

couple things you can try: try to open it in imageready. if it opens re-save from there.

try to open w/a third party app. like Photoshop Repair Toolbox

89. Crystal says:

When I add an adjustment layer, it adds the layer but I am unable to make any changes and there is no ‘pop-up’ box. I can rename the layer by clicking it but it doesn’t open the editing box. It worked before the last Photoshop update 5 days ago. Any ideas why?

90. V Crease says:

The Adobe support adviser Found I cannot update CS5 and to contact support. The support page makes no sense to me.. I was given a Number: 40-17991-080026032014 System Information :
    Operating System = Windows 7 Professional
    Locale = en
    What do I do now please? Vic

91. Diana White says:

I have Adboe photoshop 6.0 It is an older version and it does not have “oil Paint” selection under the filter selection. Is there anyway I can get an update for this. I paid a lot for the program and can’t buy another one.
    Diana

92. Stephanie says:

Hi!
    I’m using Photoshop CS6 with Creative Cloud subscription. For the past few months it has been freezing very frequently. It happens at least twice a day and is incredibly disruptive to my workflow as an artist.
    I need help!
    Any advice?
    Thank in advance!

93. Steve says:

I am using photoshop 7 and all of a sudden it will not recognise my files as valid photoshop files. What’s up? It will not open files that have opened for years. Do I need to update my version? Someone suggested that I might have to update my plug-in?

94. Patricia Lim says:

I am unable to log on to Photoshop CC. It wants a license number and as far as I know there is not license number. I have a monthly subscription that is active. This started when I updated a plug-in from On-One-Software.

95. Natalie says:

I have Photoshop CS6 and when I try to open any file it says “Could not complete your request because the file was not found.” Help! Please. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and still having the same issues.

96. Frida says:

Hello.
    Not so long ago I bought the new photoshop wih creative cloud. I use a wacom bamboo tablet on my computer and it works just fine. I’ve used it on others with psd and it works like a charm.
    When I open my new psd however the tablet “lags”. Whenever I lift the pen from the surface of the tablet it stops moving, even when I put it down again it is compleatly still. To make it respond again I have to put the nib on a 2 cm long piece (that goes all the way across the tablet) at the top of the tablet. This I have to do, let’s say every 5 second. It is very annoying and I have contacted wacom about it. Since the trouble just happens on this laptop, when psd is active it sdoesn’t have to do with the tablet. I have tried to re-install psd but to no avail.
    Plese can someone help me!

97. Frida says:

I found it and did as you said. I did not work.

98. Seem to be having a problem when clicking on the pencil tool and selecting a colour in the colour swatch palet, and then applying it to my picture….it is blank…no colour comes through the pencil. Have reset the tools and no luck…………help please!

99. jamie says:

Hi,
    Photoshop had an error window which popped up and then crashed so i didn’t have time to read it. But it said something like Photoshop CC has disabled graphics card something…..

Now it won’t open anything. I’ve tried reinstalling photoshop cc and moving the preferences file etc.
    Please please help!
    Thanks

100. Eva says:

I have photoshop elements 9 sometime it will work other times not it keeps asking me to sign in and when I do than I get a pop up message that says Photoshop.comservices are currently unavailable.Please try again later or your network connections.error 400. it does not matter how many times i try signing in it always says the same thing .and the other day it ask me to put in my validate serial code for my version than it tells me that they are not the right codes for this version .But they are listed on my account on your web page .I can sign in to the site without a problem. can you tell me what is wrong.
    Eva

101. Ian Johnstone says:

I have just installed photoshop cs6 on my lap top and it wont open raw files, I have all the correct serial numbers and updated today, can any body help ??

102. john miniotis says:

i have photoshop cs5 and Bridge doesnt start at all. can anybody from the adobe company help?

103. Caroline says:

I have PSE 10 and just started receiving a “place frame” message when trying to use the software frames. It does not allow me to change the size or insert a pictures. Is there is someway to fix this problem?

104. When I create a new workspace, name it, save it, all my previous workspaces are altered to the same as the new workspace. I did not notice until i went back to a previous workspace to find all the actions had been replaced by the ones in my new work space. I repeated the process just to check very slowly, that I had not done something in error. I used the essential workspace to set up my new one from but the others all have the same adjustments as the newly created workspace.
    How may I create a workspace without affecting the previous ones?

105. hayley says:

I am a new member to cc & have signed up for the £8.78 p/m to have the use of lightroom & photoshop cc. Lightroom has downloaded & is usable, however i keep trying to download photoshop cc & I keep getting the message ‘installation failed’ with the the summary showing : error: DF024 ?? any ideas on what I may need to do to correct this? many thanks

106. Jenny Teyrant says:

i have photosop cs6 but when i open it ,the pop-up show
    “Confugartion error, please uninstall and reinstall the product. If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen. Error:16″

so i did unistall and reinstall, but it just same…can you help me?

107. Justen Dyche says:

Since OSX 10.9.3 Photoshop CC has become unusable on my maxed-out Mac Mini 2.7, i7, 4 cores, 8gbRAM with discrete graphics (circa 2011).
    The Canvas keeps going blank (dark grey/black) and my image just disappears. If I click outside the canvas it usually comes back but if I try to do anything it just disappears again.
    Everythging has been fine until now, photoshop normally flies along.
    I am a CC subscriber. I have already tried un-installing and reinstalling. I have support for acceleration enabled in preferences.
    What’s gone wrong (it’s totally crippled at the moment?)

Regards, Justen

• Pete Green says:

Hi Justen,

Are you up to date with the latest version of CC?
      Make sure you’re up to date, then try to reset PS’s preferences – blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Regards

108. Justen Dyche says:

Everythging has been fine until now, photoshop normally flies along.
    What’s gone wrong (it’s totally crippled at the moment?)

109. tricia says:

I am having trouble with cs5. All of the sudden, in my edit section, free transform, transform and content aware scale are all grayed out. They are not black. So I can’t use these tools. This just happened today. It was working fine yesterday. Any suggestions?

110. Mai says:

Downloaded Photoshop CC 2014 and it cannot start. My latest CC version works normal.

It says, “This application was unable to start correctly. Error 0xC0000076.”

Please help.

111. John Van Put says:

Uploaded the latest updates to Photoshop CC and rebooted machine as per directed. The new filter (Blur) are not present in the application – I’ve tried to run updates again and it shows that the application is up to date. Running CC on windows 7 – 64 bit machine – never had a problem before but for some reason your latest updates modules are not present. What do I do??

112. James Kern says:

Since I downloaded 2014 I can’t open photos from lightroom into PS and I can’t open them from bridge – in bridge I get “Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6(64bit)\Photoshop.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again”
    In Lightroom when I try to open a photo, Photoshop will open but nothing happens – the photo never imports.

The only way I can get images into PS is from Bridge IF I tell bridge to open in Bridge Camera Raw – then from there I can open into 2014.
    Quite frankly guys, this sucks. Any Ideas ???

• Try this: install Photoshop CC 2014 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2014 (15.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

113. Colin Booth says:

Just down loaded the up dates for photoshop cc 2014 now I cannot open Lightroom photoshop opens and runs ok
    But when i click on the Lightroom tab it will not open

114. Piero Annoni says:

Hi, I’m experiencing frequen PSCC shutdown with the displayed messsage: “Photoshop stopped running and will be closed” when:
    - Apply a layer mask then select brush then click to change “show/hide” boxes on left tool menu.
    What happen is that both boxes become black, the program freeze and then merror message appears, and all its LOST!
    Have to reopen PSCC and start all over again.
    Piero
    Itaky

115. Felicia says:

When I go to open my lightroom app, it says “lightroom catalog 5 corrupt”. I click the repair catalog button and it says it cannot be repaired. I uninstalled and reinstalled lightroom and restarted my computer. I need help! I have wedding pictures that I need to get done asap!

116. carolyn renee says:

when I crop an image it creates another layer, how do I turn that off???

117. Cliff says:

Upgraded from LR 5 to 5.5 and PS cc to PS cc 2014. Now when I invoke “Edit in Photoshop” from LR, PS opens but the images are not loaded. Also “Edit in (third party software e.g. NIK)” was grayed-out after the upgrade, became available when I reinstalled NIK software, but now is greyed-out again.

118. Paul Blumstein says:

Hey Jeffery -
    I’m running Photoshop CC 2014 – on a 2010 MacPro with 21GB’s of ram.
    I also have Photoshop CC on my computer.

My problem is this:
    When I try to save a Photoshop file for the web -ie: create a jpeg, Photoshop will not let me – I get a “The operation could not be completed. A write permissions error has occurred.”

Also – when I start up Photoshop CC 2014 – it asks me if I would like to migrate my preferences from the CC version. When I say “Yes,” it says an error occurred. And as it tries to migrate the presets I get an I/O error message for each PS tool.

Finally – when I go to quit out of PS CC 2014 I get a pop up saying that PS could not save Preferences because the file is locked, you do not have the necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file.

I have absolutely none of these problems with the previous PS CC program – only the 2014 version.

What I’ve tried -
    I’ve gone into the “Get Info” panel on both PS CC and PS CC 2014 to make sure Sharing & Permissions give me all Read & Write options.

I’ve used my Disk Utility to make sure all permissions are verified and repaired.

I have one thought about a possible fix – I’m wondering if having both PS CC and PS CC 2014 could be causing my conflict? If so I’m thinking that removing PS CC could solve my permissions problem with 2014?

But I’m nervous about taking this step because if I do that and the problem persists, and then I re-upload PS CC – and then for some reason that blocks my permissions… then I have a really big problem!

I do not know where else to go here – can you help?

Thanks so much,
    Paul

119. Sébastien-Charles Boitel says:

Can not import since update (monday may 23rd)

It freeses, then 2 options are available: close the program, ask google to find a solution and close the program. How can i work on new pictures?

Problem signature:
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3084
    Additional Information 1: 3a95
    Additional Information 2: 3a95dbaa5d5dcf7b9bc4dca71058dc3f
    Additional Information 3: c688
    Additional Information 4: c688e9afe4115ac0d951f8963349cf14

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

120. Cheri McArthur says:

Why can I not drag and drop in cs6? I got on the internet and learned there is a problem with dragging photos into one another. I need answers. No easy way to contact this company. What is going on? I considered CC, but no way, too hard to contact anyone when there is a problem.

121. Michael says:

I just purchased a one year subscription for LR and PS. Lightroom opened fine, and I imported a collection of photos from Nikon ViewNX2 into LR, and developed a few of them. No problems. However, PS will not open. It simply crashes without indicating any specific error message. I logged out of Creative Cloud and re-logged in but it did not solve the problem. I’m running PS on a TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A laptop running Windows 8, 64 bit OS, and six gigabytes of RAM. Any help would be appreciated.

122. Hernando Bernal says:

Help to clean up a mess in Light room and Photoshp?

123. Leon van Loggenberg says:

Hi, I purchased my PC from a friend of mine with Photoshop cs6 installed of which had to format the PC as it had too many issues. I was given a copy of Photoshop to install but don’t have the serial number and he does not know where it is either. Can someone please tell me where I can get the serial number from, I really cannot afford to buy it new off the shelf…many thanks

124. issac says:

I am having a technical issue here I cant launch my registered photoshop product without the creative cloud telling me to subscribe to the monthly plan, I bought photoshop cs 6 before the membership thing and should still have access to it but I dont. please advise

125. jereve2 says:

Same problem as Mai above, running windows 7 64 bit – no difference holding down shift key. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions will work but 2014 does not.
    Any guidance appreciated

Thanks

126. Robert Tucker says:

I have a Windows computer and updated with the latest version of Photoshop CC 2014. Every time I launch the program, I get a message “Adobe Photoshop 2014 has stopped working” – with the added text “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

127. Stephen says:

I try to open it and it says please uninstall then re-install but when I try to uninstall it all it says is runtime error! R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the applications support team for more info. Well here I am. Can you help? Please

128. lucy says:

I am trying to download my adobe photoshop album 2.0 on my window 7 computer. It managed to download the adobe reader 6.0 but not my photoshop. It state that “operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. Is that saying that this will not work on my computer?

129. John Pruett says:

Have installed Photoshop 2014 Cloud and can’t save a layered tiff file. I can work around by saving a Photoshop version but the OK button doesn’t work a a layer tif. A flattened tif will save. Could this be a bug??

130. Daniel says:

Every time I open a file in photoshop, start working and go to save my work. The program crashes. Why?

131. GARY DUFFEL says:

I have just downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CC. Every time I try and use it the program shuts off.
    I have heard so many good things about Photoshop and wanted to try it, but if this is what I can expect, then forget it.

132. Joel Shearer says:

Been using Lightroom 3. Just downloaded from cloud, version 5. Installed, and on first run asked to move (copy, I should hope) and convert to new format something in regard to my very small collection of files, completed and gave me the “tour” where parts of the menus and so forth light up as they are explained. Then releases me into the program. My first and only action, to click Develop on the Module Picker.
    Nothing at all happened for a while, but after 20-30 seconds the screens of both my monitors went black. The only visible item was my mouse cursor. Hitting Ctrl key made cursor finder flash as always, so no problem writing to screen, but cannot call up Task Manager or Ctrl+Alt+Del menu, and of course Esc does nothing. In short, nothing but a reset got me out of there. Running Win 8.1 v6.3.9600.
    This does not make me confident about booting this program up again.

133. Michael Damsgaard says:

I, all of a sudden, can no longer export a file from LR to CC (2014). When I export from LR, CC opens but does not retrieve the file. I can open a file from the bowser into CC but I can get it via export from LR.

134. Bruce Robinson says:

I have done all the listed updates for Photoshop CC except for Camera Raw 8.5. Every time I try to update camera raw there is an error – U44M11210.

135. Lisa Ahlberg says:

I am using Lightroom 4 on a Mac running OS 10.9.4
    I just purchased a Sony A7.
    I downloaded the 8.4 update for Mac so that I can convert my RAW files to DMG.
    The DMG files appear in Bridge.
    But when I click on any of them, Photoshop opens and I get the following error message:
    “Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.”
    Yet your “Official Response” states:
    “A lot of people ask, “Why do I have to buy a new version of Photoshop or Lightroom just to get the latest camera support?”
    The answer: You don’t have to. Adobe provides backwards compatibility for the latest cameras for FREE in Photoshop CS2, CS3, CS4 and CS5, as well as Lightroom 1, 2, 3 & 4, through the Adobe DNG Converter.”

Why am I having this problem? How can I fix it.
    Thank you.

136. Dick Kenny says:

Have installed PsCC14 on OS X 10.9.4, leaving PsCC in place. Every time I launch the CC14 version (after shutting it, or the Mac down) I get an ‘application has moved’ window. This doesn’t happen with the CC14 version. Not the end of world; except that when I attempt to install new/old plug-ins, they are not recognised by the CC14, even though I go through the correct installation procedures. I cannot find any reference to this behaviour in any of the CC14 download tips.

137. Ian McGeachie says:

Before my husband (Ian McGeachie) died, he bought me a copy of Photoshop CS5 with his Student ID. All has been ok until recently, when I bought a new lappy, and after an uneventful install of Photoshop on it, I inadvertently reformatted it and had to reinstall everything again. This time around, Adobe tells me that I had the wrong serial number (I haven’t) and won’t let me complete the updates (which I need for my new camera). I feel I need to talk this through with someone from Adobe. The other complication is that I’m only available to talk on the phone outside normal business hours.
    Sincerely
    Rosemary McGeachie

• Hi Rosemary,

I see the serial # (ending in 5920) as active and under your husbands Adobe ID (the email address you used). I don’t see a recent support record under your husband’s account. I will send you an email at your husbands email address with details.

138. I would like the ability to change the color of the Bezier Curves and points to a different color other than black
    I find it perplexing while setting points and curves working on a photo that needs to be separated from it’s background for placement on transparent backgrounds.
    Any thoughts?

139. camille fife says:

I have Photoshop 7 and am running it in Windows 7 on a 64 bit computer. I have always been able to see the bounding box when using Type mode in a document, but today (and yesterday) it will not appear. I’ve read all of the help documents and tried to make View>show work, but can’t get the right choices. Nothing seems to work. Can you help? The reason I need the bounding box is that seems to be the only way I can rotate the type. I need to do this to finish the map I’m working on.

• Did you try to restore your prefs and/or update your video driver?

How far are you zoomed into your document? The handles/border won’t show in some cases if you’re zoomed into a high zoom factor.

140. camille fife says:

I just found that I can manipulate the box through Edit>free transform. thanks. anyway.

141. I am trying to download photoshop cc to a laptop. I keep getting error code 205. How do I fix it?

142. Olando Diaz says:

I have cs6 since 2 years ago. Recently I try cs6 extended trial version. When it expired and I try to use my cs6 version, Ican’t use it because appear an advise that ” the trial version expire ,buy now”. I don’t know how to get back my cs6 version again. I download it again but it doesn’t work. I will appreciate your help with this issue. THANKS

143. tufiesta says:

Hi.
    I have downloaded Photoshop CC normally.
    When I open it immediatelly a error sign appears sayying that an error has occured and Windows will close the program.
    What can I do to fix that?
    I have already re installed it; restarted the Pc but the problem keeps on.
    Thank you.

144. Frank Boyer says:

CS6 is not working. Using Bridge, I had down loaded pictures using camera raw to DNG. The program said that it couldn’t use Photoshop on camera raw files. I downloaded the latest updates. Now it says that there isn’t an associated program for Bridge to work with to do corrections on the pictures. It keeps asking about purchasing my trial version. I bought CS6 over a year ago. The DNG files work with CS5 master.

• Is Photoshop or Bridge not working? From the description it sounds like something is damaged with Photoshop or it’s not licensed. If you launch Photoshop directly from the OS, does it give an error?

145. Jenni says:

Hello,
    When I attempt to save for web, I receive an error message “The operation could not be completed. The system cannot find the path specified.” How do I correct this?

146. Andrea P says:

When I try to open Lightroom 4 it displays this message “The Lightroom catalog named “Lightroom 4 Catalog” cannot be opened because another application already has it opened. Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch.”
    I’ve tried to find the other open application but cant find it so I closed everything and restarted the computer. The same message comes up each time. What do I do now? Should I completely remove the program and reinstall it or is there some other way to fix the problem? I’m getting very frustrated.

147. After setting up lighroom 5 (.5) and using the programme once, it now will not open again, I get the panels but the splash screen will not go away, it shows “not responding”. At the very top it says Lightroom Catalog 3 not 5, I do not have Lightroom3 on my computer. I have tried to find the lightroom catalog Users/Anthony/pictures/lightroom/lightroom5/.lrcat however after Anthony their is no pictures file/directory and I have searched for *.lrcat but cannot find it anyway.

Help please.

148. Sue Josephsen says:

Each time I open Lightroom 5.4 it shows me a dialogue box with this message:
    “Lightroom has encountered an error when reading its previous cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem next time it launches”

I have tried to open it a number of times but always get this same message.
    Can you help please?
    Thanks, Sue

• Are you on Mac or Windows? You may want to delete your preview cache manual. Search your drive for the file: “Lightroom 5 Catalog Preview.lrdata” and put it in the trash. Then relaunch Lightroom.

149. nilanjan says:

I am just downloading Photoshop cs4. n after that m following all those installations processes.. but when m trying to open cs4 .. its not working .. showing me licence is expired. but m not reviving any licence box , where i can put that… please help me… where the option ?? where i need to put licence …?? I m using windows 7

150. Steven says:

I have Photoshop CS6 running on a new Macbook Pro. I am suddenly having issues printing from Photoshop using the print menu. If I print using Print One Copy, it prints just fine, however sometimes I need crop marks and the like. I can’t rely on just Print One Copy for everything. This hasn’t happened before, and had to recently recreate a document in InDesign in order to print for a client. I’ve not noticed this issue with other Adobe software, and for the time being, can only relate the issue to my Printer at home which is an Epson WF-7520. Any suggestions?

151. Sam says:

I’m having errors while trying to download the trial. The following is the error screen that I receive:
    (Any solutions?)

Exit Code: 21
    Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW021 …

————————————– Summary ————————————–

– 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s)

ERROR: DW021: Payload {18C53590-8A4E-44FF-B13D-74CB92FD6801} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Support 15.0.0.0 of version: 8.0.0.13 is not supported by this version: 7.0.0.108 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Payload {D7A4F897-B20A-42D0-862D-CB5F6DB7391D} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Core 15.0.0.0 of version: 8.0.0.13 is not supported by this version: 7.0.0.108 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Unsupported payload versions included

————————————————————————————-

152. sheldon says:

Process: Adobe Photoshop CS6 [9867]
    Path: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS6
    hello i open up color efex in cs6 and i get this but it works in lightroom please help…

Identifier: com.adobe.Photoshop
    Version: 13.0.6 (13.0.6.54)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [169]
    Responsible: Adobe Photoshop CS6 [9867]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-08-03 08:21:03.262 -0600
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: E9E9F6F2-E9AD-2C91-F0AB-BDFA755636E3

Sleep/Wake UUID: 0AA8EB2D-EE4B-4828-94EF-B9F2953E0642

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0×0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
    –>
    __TEXT 0000000100000000-000000010366a000 [ 54.4M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS6

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 com.google.cep4.ps 0x00000001361a66a2 0x135a5d000 + 7640738
    1 com.google.cep4.ps 0x0000000136174b48 0x135a5d000 + 7437128
    2 com.google.cep4.ps 0×0000000136174695 0x135a5d000 + 7435925
    3 com.google.cep4.ps 0x0000000136174b60 0x135a5d000 + 7437152
    4 com.google.cep4.ps 0×0000000136174695 0x135a5d000 + 7435925
    5 com.google.cep4.ps 0x0000000136174b60 0x135a5d000 + 7437152
    6 com.google.cep4.ps 0×0000000136174695 0x135a5d000 + 7435925
    7 com.google.cep4.ps 0x0000000136174b60 0x135a5d000 + 7437152
    8 com.google.cep4.ps 0x000000013614c833 0x135a5d000 + 7272499
    9 com.google.cep4.ps 0x00000001362099f3 0x135a5d000 + 8047091
    10 com.google.cep4.ps 0x000000013620a00e 0x135a5d000 + 8048654

153. Monika says:

Sorry, but non of those worked on my W7 machine.. The video tips are not clear to me.. I cannot find app data in my laptop and the shortcut would only launch question “are you sure you want the program to make changes to your computer”. After agreeing photoshop was launched. I tried 5 times. Every time same result.

154. Michael Anderson says:

Plugins like Perfect Photo Suite, the Nik Collection, Helicon Focus were just fine in LR 5.5. With LR 5.6 half them do not show up in Plugin Manager and none of the them show up when I right click and do an ” Edit in”. Without plugins, I for one don’t need or want LR 5.6.

155. Josh says:

When ever I launch Photo Elements 7, it starts up fine with the main screen. Whenever I click on “Edit”, it says it has encountered a problem and must shut down. This happens during the blue screen showing all the people’s names and occurs when it says “Building TWAIN menu items.” I updated it just today. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I’m running Windows XP and have never had this problem. I just haven’t used the program in a few months. Thank you.

• Sounds like it’s crashing trying to load the TWAIN plug-in or your scanner driver. Are you using Elements for scanning? If so, make sure your scanner driver is up-to-date and/or reinstall the driver. Otherwise, disable/remove the TWAIN Plug-in.

156. guyot roberte says:

je ne peux plus faire de traitement par lot avec mon photoshop cs5 avec les scripts par défauts et avec les miens dans windows 7.dés que je fais fichier, automatisation et traitement par lot ,une fenêtre s’ouvre me disant que windows a cessé de fonctionner et mon logiciel se ferme!
    Merci pour votre aide

157. Ed Rivera says:

Need Help
    I loaded windows 8 on my HP Lap top and I want to use Photoshop Element and I keep getting an error
    internet explorer needs to be greater than 4.0 I have Internet Explorer 10. what is my problem and how do I
    fix it. it cant be windows 8 I had PS element working with Windows 8.

158. John says:

Hello well i got a problem well my photoshop doesnt open and the problem is amtlib.dll was missing so i download other one and i open C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (32 Bit) and i place amtlib.dll and i click the photoshop.exe and it says “cannot run on this computer because this version of photoshop requires windows 7 or later” help pls

• John says:

well i am using now Windows 7

• John, how did you place the amtlib.dll? You may need to uninstall and reinstall, or try a repair: install Photoshop CC 2014 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2014 (15.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

159. Pierrick M says:

Bonjour,
    J’ai acheté et installé photoshop CC 2014 ainsi que Lightroom 5.
    Photoshop s’ouvre et se referme dès que la fenêtre apparaît.
    Lightroom ne s’ouvre pas du tout.
    J’ai supprimer tous les programmes, préférences, etc relatifs à Adobe puis tout réinstaller, rien ne change.
    J’ai besoin d’aide, je ne sais pas quoi faire de plus.
    Merci d’avance

160. Ana Rattray says:

Emergency!!!! Please need help, I need to edit some photos due today and I updated lightroom last night and everything is gone!! All my edited images, folders and catalogs and a plug in “Imogenic” too!!!
    Please help!!!

161. Regina says:

I have Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5. I have noticed after editing a raw file and exporting it to jpeg; the image, when pulled-up; looks extremely pixelated. I have an 18mp camera and don’t understand why the image looks so bad when I pull it up on my desktop/ try to set it as my background. I haven’t done exported many daylight photos yet, but the ones I’ve noticed were the evening/night ones as of yet. I don’t know if I have something set wrong within the software programs or if it’s something to do with my computer. When I took the night shots, I had the ISO set to 100; so I know it isn’t noise. Can anyone help me? Perhaps I need to reset some things…

• Sounds like you either have a small dimensions set or aggressive JPEG compression specific in Lightroom’s export settings. Make sure the dimensions are same as the original and the JPEG compression is set to the max quality.

162. Had a phone message about my case #185708157 and have tried to call back but apparently this is not possible with the number I have. This is the second time they called (a week apart, and the first call at 5:15 local time!) and I would like to get the issue resolved. There is some problem with Photoshop and Illustrator being recognized properly and showing the proper icon in my start menu)–and plug-ins and extensions can’t find Photoshop (don’t use them in illustrator). I am hoping this can get cleared up.

163. Kaitlyn says:

Hello adobe,

I am having a few issues with Photoshop CC, I make gifs (saving them and all) and I reopen it back in Photoshop and when I try to split the frames in half and copy and paste in a new canvas, it can’t paste into the new file and I have been doing this for forever and it started acting up just today and I dont know why. And my other problem is when I make something and HAVE to save it as PNG, it doesnt give the option to save in PNG. Is this a problem with my program or is it a bug within all Photoshop users? Thank you.

• Hi Kaitlyn, It sounds like your installation may be damaged. A repair should fix it. Try this: install Photoshop CC 2014 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2014 (15.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

164. Bill Terry says:

I’ve lost my folders in Lightroom. If I look in File Explorer all the pictures and folders are there. If I double click Lightroom in File Explorer it shows 11 folders without names, just numbers and letters, single digits, and no pictures. There is a bunch of writing that means nothing to me. How do I get everything back in Lightroom????

165. doris torres says:

AL INSTALAR PHOTOSHOP CS6 ME DAN UN NUMERO DE SERIE EN INSTRUCCIONES Y CUANDO ME PIDEN EL NUMERO DE SERIE EN LA INSTALACION Y LA PONGO PERO ME DICEN QUE EL NUMERO DE SERIE NO ES VALIDO

166. laurie says:

I have a question regarding loaded actions. I have Windows8 and am running CS6 extended. I have a few actions that I love and use all the time. Sometimes the actions work and sometimes they don’t. I have removed them and reloaded them again but still run into the same problem. Any suggestions??

167. sidney conley says:

how to uninstall 3 party software from photoshop? (Topaz)

168. Dennis Gudorf says:

I use Elements 12 and am having a sudden problem with the Editor not working. When I click on Organizer the photos appear in the Grid. When I click on Editor to edit the photos I get an error “The Exception Unkonwn software exception OxeO6d7363) occurred in the application at location Ox7546c42d.” I just finished prior to this edition over a 100 photos with no problem. I then imported photos from another camera with no problem but can not edit them. These are wedding photos from my niece’s wedding. Please help.
    Elements Organizer 12.0.0.0
    Core Version: 12.1 (20140303.12.1.49334)
    Language Version: 12.0 (20130903.r.43239)

Current Catalog:
    Catalog Name: My Catalog
    Catalog Location: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\
    Catalog Size: 64.1MB
    Catalog Cache Size: 563.5MB

System:
    Operating System Name: Windows 7
    Operating System Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1
    System Architecture: AMD CPU Family:15 Model:1 Stepping:0 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP
    Built-in Memory: 5.5GB
    Free Memory: 2GB

Important Drivers / Plug-ins / Libraries:
    Microsoft DirectX Version: 9.0
    Apple QuickTime Version: 7.75
    Adobe Reader Version: Not installed
    Adobe Acrobat Version: Not installed

CD and DVD drives:
    E: (hp DVD BUS: 2 ID: 2 Firmware: A)

• Pete Green says:

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the details. Are you able to open the Editor by itself and create a new image?
      Are you only getting this error with a particular set of clicks/workflow?

What if you reset the Editor preferences?
      Keyboard Shortcut Method to reset Preferences:
      Quit the editor then restart it while immediately holding down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT.
      Keep the keys pressed until a dialog pops up asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do.

In order for this to work, you must either start the editor from the Welcome Screen, taskbar, or double-click the Editor application file directly.

Let us know how you get on.

• Dennis Gudorf says:

When I click on the Editor vs the Organizer it starts up and immediately shuts down. I’ve not tried to reset the Editor Preferences. I’ll give your suggestion a try.
        and get back to you.

• Dennis Gudorf says:

I tried the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and it almost immediately gave me the shut down notice and shut down, which is the same way it as been doing

• Dennis Gudorf says:

I open elembents 12 and when the double page appears offering either Organizer or Editor I click on Organizer. I load the file with the photos I want to edit, load a single file and then click on the editor at the bottom of the page. I’ve been doing this while editing my last 93 albums and 3700 photos in Flickr. After I finish with the editing, I upload the photos to Flickr.

• Dennis Gudorf says:

Editor continues to shut down. I still need help.

• Dennis Gudorf says:

I was able to get the popup “do you want to delete the settings file. It started up but then the Exception Unkown etc appeared and shut the editor down.

• Dennis Gudorf says:

I am able to get the Editor to work on my laptop but NOT my desktop. What do I do now?

• Dennis Gudorf says:

Ok, I’ve done everything you suggested. I also re booted my PC in safe mode. I started Elements 12 and click on Organizer. The program started up ok. After a photo was loaded, I clicked on the editor to attempt to edit the photo and the editor shut down just as fast as I started it up. Please help me.

Denny

169. Alex says:

thx, 1st helped

170. deb says:

There’s a problem in my Light Room that keeps opening even after I close the program. It won’t let me use other programs. So if I uninstall and reinstall then it looks like I’ve used the program on another computer. How many times can you reload this program on to your computer? There is an obvious bug in this software and we cannot even work around it any longer. Help….

• Pete Green says:

Hi Deb,

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Is it up to date?
      You can uninstall and reinstall on the same system.

You can have Lightroom installed on any 2 computers at any given time.

If it keeps opening, you might try resetting LR’s preferences: blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Regards

171. I have a cd with photos . when I open this cd a trial offer comes up for me to use a trial for photoshop 9. This prevents me from downloading and printing these photos. Ii do not remember ordering photoshop 9. how do i remove your offer and print photos? thank yopu veery much.

• Brett says:

Is this a Kodak Photo CD? That is what I imagine would produce such a thing.

However, you don’t need to worry about any auto-pops that are built into the disk. If you are on Windows, go to Computer and right-click your CD drive and choose Explore. They you’ll see the files on the disk rather than any kind of menu it might be presenting. You can navigate to the image files directly from here and copy them to your computer.

172. Rosanna says:

I have Lightroom 5.6. When I try to use the Spot Removal Tool, heal, after painting over the area I’d liked removed, there’s never a replica shape, it continually puts there what it wants and I have no options. There’s never a replica shape with the black circle in the middle. Would appreciate some help. Thanks

173. barbara cardei says:

the program PS was closed In the wrong way,and re-opening it, created a file” auto recover”.
    Now, every time I open the program, open this file, always. always

174. Fook Lee says:

Hi, I have bought Lightroom Student & Teacher Edition, and redeemed my code to get my serial number which I received via email today. However, the serial number does not work. If I go to my CC account, I can see my product registration, however whenever I try to register the serial number, it tells me that my serial number is invalid. How do I fix this? This is very frustrating.

175. Dennis Gudorf says:

Will someone please help me????

176. Trevor Simpson says:

Hi – I am a lightroom user for the last 3 years – for the first time I went to the web module and every thing was fine until I wanted to Upload/Export – all the file failed with the message “original image could not be found” – I tried images that I imported the day before as well as older images – ALL images are available in the Library/Development/Print modules and on the hard disk.

My system is an iMac OS X 10.9.4 – my normal workflow is to have LR create a new subdirectory on Import (date stamp) then to update this in the Library with local and photo types (ie. Amsterdam street etc).
    Any help would be much appreciated, Trevor

177. Dennis Gudorf says:

I am very happy to report that Adobe Tech Rep Srika resolved the issue with the Elements 12 Editor. It all is now working just great. A very good job my her.

178. Russ Radeke says:

I am trying to learn how to edit in version 9. The hand tool has three hand images in the place of one.
    Also I am unable to contact any one to help me. This is why I am sending this message to your site.
    I hope you can respond and give me some help.
    Thanks, Russ

179. Thomas Grießig says:

Seit dem neusten Update CC 2014 funktioniert die Funktion “Ebene automatisch überblenden” nicht mehr, sodass nicht mehr alle unscharfen Bereiche von Photoshop automatisch ausgeblendet werden!

180. James says:

HI I’m new to Photoshop and I am using creative cloud .
    When I update all my creative cloud apps Photoshop and Bridge will not update. error R49.
    I cannot seem to find an explanation for the error #.