Photoshop 2014.2.1 Update Now Available

Photoshop 2014.2.1 Update (10/20/2014)

10/20/2014 – Today we released Photoshop CC 2014 update version 2014.2.1 (Mac and Windows), resolving the following issues:

• Fix for crash when copying contents of a layer mask and then switching to a different application
  • Fix for crash when opening a file with missing fonts
  • Fix for crash when rendering a 3D depth map mesh
  • Fix for writing a 3D file to PDF that results in 0 – bytes
  • Fix for crash when running Photoshop the same time that AMD GPU Driver Utility is running
  • Fix for inability to paint on 3D depth map
  • Fix for crash when regenerating UVs on a rigged Collada file
  • Fix for crash when using Lighting Effects filter
  • Fix for crash when opening Extract Assets on Windows system running at greater than 100% UI scaling

How to get the updates

1. Look for the update in the Creative Cloud application and click “Update”. (Quit and restart the Creative Cloud application if you don’t see the update)
  2. If you don’t have the Creative Cloud application running, start Photoshop 2014 and choose Help > Updates.
  3. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CC 2014and choose Update.

How to confirm that the Update worked:

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > About Photoshop (Win), or Photoshop > About Photoshop (Mac)
  2. The version is listed in the about dialog

Give us feedback!

Once you’ve updated to the newest version of Photoshop, don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences. The quality of Photoshop wouldn’t be what it is today without our passionate and loyal customers around the world. Giving us regular feedback helps us to find and fix issues that we may otherwise not know about. We are listening.

Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback:

32 Responses to Photoshop 2014.2.1 Update Now Available

1. John McAssey says:

Background eraser tool still broken as well as script text size these need to be fixed.

2. Rishad Patel says:

Hi Jeff,
    I’d love to update, but updating from the Creative Cloud app as well as from Photoshop CC 2014 give me the same error:
    Adobe Photoshop 2014.2.1
    There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I210
    Needless to say, I’ve quit and retried several times, but no luck.
    Any ideas why this happens?
    Rishad

3. Alex says:

The Brush size preview is still too small and barely usable.

It needs to be based on Photoshop CC when it was much longer and you can see how your brush was going to look before you apply it.

Please fix, Thank you,
    aleX

4. james says:

Photoshop: Move Tool – Toggle auto select shortcut changed!!!
    Hello. The changed shortcuts to toggle the autoselection of layers with the move tool selected is highly frustrating to me. I used to have a great workflow with auto select turned on and used cmd to drag elements that were either off-canvas or too small / too transparent to grab them. Now it seems to be inverted: I need to turn auto select off to toggle with cmd. When it is turned on, cmd seems to toggle now between layer and group auto selection.
    I can’t understand why this was changed or is at least not something I can switch between in the preferences.

5. Jerome Verger says:

Photoshop CC2014 est devenu un logiciel régulièrement instable, alors que jusqu’à la CS6 il n’a pratiquement jamais planté. Adobe préfère malheureusement ajouter de nouvelles fonctions plutôt que de corriger les bugs réccurents de ses logiciels. Illustrator en est un parfait exemple, et c’est aussi le cas maintenant pour Photoshop !

6. Rob Blasdel says:

Help!!!!!!!!!! Can’t find the three new filters. Version data:
    Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x64

7. ahmed says:

Photoshop 2014.2.1 update
    direct link please

8. Dennis Edson says:

I have installed PS 2014 on a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro. Thank you for the new experimental section in “preferences”. The “scale to 200%” solves the problem of the UI being too small on the Surface 3 screen. 200%, however, is larger than is really needed and takes more screen space than necessary. It would be nice to have “150%” or possibly a user selectable value. This is a great start, though. Thank you.

9. tyler says:

Is there a way to revert to move tool back to the way it was? The command key layer/group toggle is adding so many more unnecessary key strokes to my work flow.

10. oussama says:

hello i have a problem i can open the adobe cloud in Yosemite

11. ryan perno says:

hey, my photoshop cc 2014 is up to date except I am having CRAZY amounts of “photoshop quite unexpectedly”!!!!

12. Kevin Devine says:

Hi, I was using the following technique successfully with 2014.0.0. to generate 7 assets for iOS and Android. This really quickened my workflow.

However with the update to 2014.2.1 this has stopped working. Have you any ideas?

13. I have a new laptop with a resolution of 3200 x 1800. I found the Experimental Section in Preferences and clicked on 200%. Uh, I don’t want 200% – that is way too large. I assume I will also have to go into EVERY program and MANUALLY make these changes IF the option even exists. Thanks for making life more difficult. Oh, and thanks for the “quick” response. How many days would it have taken to get a response.

Oh, the captcha didn’t work 3-two=1 and I assume one was the correct answer but I wasn’t allowed to put more than two characters into the field. FYI. I had to refresh the page for a new captcha.