2015 release of Photoshop CC: FAQ

I’ve assembled some Q & A around updating/upgrading to the 2015 release of Photoshop CC below. If you don’t see your question answered below, let me know in the comments section and I will try and answer.

Important information, please read:

1. Install the latest Creative Cloud desktop app. Sign out and back into the Creative Cloud desktop app to update.
  2. Install Photoshop CC (2015)
  3. Install the Bridge 6.1.1 update – this update includes security updates, bug fixes and compatibility updates for Photoshop CC (2015).
  4. Install the Camera Raw 9.1 update – this update includes bug fixes, new camera support, and new features for Creative Cloud members.
  5. Install the Lightroom CC (v2015.1)/Lightroom 6 (v6.1) update  – this update includes bug fixes, new camera support, and new features for Creative Cloud members.

Table of contents:

Not seeing the updates?

Try signing out and back into the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If you still aren’t seeing the updates, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements. We recently announced that we were dropping support for Mac OS 10.7 and Mac OS 10.8.

How do I install the Photoshop CC (2015) update?

You have the option to select [Update] to update individual applications or select [Update All] to update all your installed Creative Cloud applications.

VERY IMPORTANT – By default, when you install Photoshop CC (2015) it will uninstall prior versions of Photoshop CC you have installed.

• Note: Creative Cloud will not uninstall Photoshop CS6 or earlier.

You may not want to uninstall the previously installed versions (CC, CC 2014) for a variety of good reasons – you are in the middle of a project, your workflow is heavily dependent on third-party plugins, you need to work with clients who are still on older versions, or you want to test the new version before committing to it for production work.

To install the latest version without uninstalling previous versions click on “Advanced Options” and uncheck “Remove old versions.”

AdvancedView

• Note: When you uninstall prior versions, it does not uninstall 3rd party plug-ins installed for prior versions.
  • Note: Depending on what you choose you can always reinstall a prior version or uninstall prior versions at a later time if necessary.

Having trouble? Go here: Help with Creative Cloud Download & Install

How do I install/reinstall a prior version of Photoshop from Creative Cloud?

Do I have to reinstall my 3rd party plug-ins & extension panels after I update to Photoshop CC (2105)?

Yes. Because the Photoshop CC (version 2015.0)  is a major version update it will install completely separately from the current version of Photoshop CC (version 2014.x)  and have a separate plug-ins folder. To install your 3rd party plug-ins for Photoshop CC (2015):

DO:

• Only use the plug-in manufacturer’s installer to install their plug-ins
    • Always check the plug-in manufacturer’s website for the latest version of your plug-in

DO NOT:

• Do not manually drag plug-ins from a previous version of Photoshop’s plug-ins folder to a newer version of Photoshop’s ‘Plug-Ins’ folder

If you encounter unexplained problems or crashes in Photoshop, use the following documents to determine if plug-ins are the problem:

If you have extension panels installed from Adobe Add-Ons, compatible panels will automatically be installed on your system (as long as sync is enabled in the Creative Cloud desktop app).

If you have extension panels installed directly through Extensions Manager, those panels will need to be reinstalled via the original extension installer from the author.

Are my presets and preferences migrated automatically?

Yes. New in Photoshop CC (2015), your presets and preferences will automatically be migrated from your prior version that’s installed on your local system.

If you are installing Photoshop CC on a separate, new system, you should upload your settings from your existing system and then download them to the separate, new system. Choose Preferences>Sync Settings… to synchronize your settings.

If for some reason you run into trouble, you can also use migrate presets or manually export and import presets.

My sync settings function is disabled. How can I fix that?

In Photoshop, go to Help>Sign Out… to sign out. Choose Help>Sign In… to sign in again. Quit and relaunch Photoshop CC. Sync Settings should be enabled.

Where can I learn more about the new features?

What JDI features are in Photoshop CC (2015)?

What issues have been addressed in Photoshop CC (2015)?

What issues have been addressed in Lightroom CC (2015.1) & Lightroom 6.1 update?

334 Responses to 2015 release of Photoshop CC: FAQ

1. William Halvorsen says:

I did the update by signing out of Creative Cloud and signing back in, but ACR is still on version 9.0–it has not been updated to 9.1. How do I get ACR 9.1?

2. Yohan Gallego says:

I did the update from a purchased versión and missed the advanced options, now i have a try versión of Ps CC 2015 and the Ps CC 2014 full versión has gone, how can i reinstall it?, i really need it and the subscription of the CC 2014 just began 🙁

3. PaulM says:

Is this, “It will uninstall prior versions of Photoshop you have installed,” true or only partly true. Will it uninstall my owned copy of CS6?

4. Kent Southers says:

Adobe marketing banners state something like “not just new”, but “totally transformed”.

I see plenty of bugs fixed, but that doesn’t strike me as “totally transformed”. Is there something that I am missing that better suggests “totally transformed”?

5. John Roushkolb says:

Having issues updating Bridge.
    6.1.1 option does not appear in CC App, despite multiple SO/SI and restarts.
    Have even tried a complete uninstall/reinstall, but that reverted me back to 6.0, and when I try to update in the Bridge app, I get “Bridge is unable to check for updates: The most likely causes for this failure are an inability to connect to the internet or being logged in as a non-administrative user”. I can obviously connect to the internet, as I’m leaving this comment from the same laptop I’m trying to use Bridge on, and I’m definitely an Admin user.

6. John Roushkolb says:

Add-on – Tried installing the Camera Raw 9.1 update, and Lightroom is still showing the 9.0 version.

7. Jose Robertson says:

In the process of updating to CC 2015, Bridge did not make the transition to have files open in PS CC 2015. How can I have Bridge automatically open PSD files in PS CC 2015 when I double click, as I was able to do with PS CC 2014? Bridge shows that CC 2014 is the default opener but since it was automatically removed, it’s just a wasted effort. Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Try this: install Photoshop CC 2015 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2015 (16.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

• Jose Robertson says:

Thank you for the suggestion. It did not work so I reinstalled CC 2014. I will wait the usual 6 months that I normally wait before updating while Adobe works out the kinks.

Just so you know, this is what I have done:
        1) reinstalled over itself as per your suggestion.
        2) updated as per the APPs suggestion.
        3) Updated Bridge as per the APPs suggestion.
        I did the above twice to no avail. Decided that it is best for me to work in CC 2014.
        Thanks again.

• Ed Sudlow says:

Check your file associations. In Bridge, click Edit > Preferences > File Type Associations. Scroll down to “Photoshop Document (.psd, .psb…).” In the dropdown, make sure “Photoshop CC 2015 16.0” is selected. If not, browse to and the file location (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe). You may need to do the same thing with other file types you want to open with Photoshop, e.g., JPG, NEF, RAW, etc.

Hope this helps!

8. Francois Gauthier says:

Trying to open a .NEF photo in updated Photoshop. It refuses to open with a message saying Photoshop cannot open the file and redirects me to Help + update and I see nothing there that could help me. An address at the bottom of the message redirects me to “Sorry this page is not available.” Starting to be annoying as I need to do something in a hurry! Thank you for answering. By the way, all this is happening in French.

9. Don Welk says:

I updated LR to 2015 with success. But–PS CC 2015 installed fine, but as soon as I try to open an image–or just create “new,” CC2015 stops working. Thanks the lord I can still use CC 2014 on the same PC or my @$$ would be grass. Running Windows7.

10. Don Welk says:

I rebooted a total of 4 times, and now CC 2015 is opening up images. Great news and I hope it hangs on going forward.

11. Ron Lashley says:

This update has been a problem for me. The Photoshop update (I have a 60 Mb/s connection) stalled at 69% and I had to cancel it. It then showed in the CC App that I could run it but that only produced an error that files were missing. Next I tried to update Lightroom but it stalled at 49% and said it was waiting, I finally canceled that too. PS CC 2015 now shows a button “Start Trial”, I have a subscription. I think the Adobe servers are overloaded.
    Hopefully I can get this sorted out, what a pain. Even your Captcha is wrong. three + 9 = 12 but it won’t accept this.

12. Louis proctor says:

Photoshop CC 2015 will not install. i get this error message
    xit Code: 21
    Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW021 …

————————————– Summary ————————————–

– 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s)

ERROR: DW021: Payload {3FB7A108-368A-4849-A3F3-69571BAAC457} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Support 16.0.0.0 of version: 9.0.0.7 is not supported by this version: 9.0.0.6 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Payload {793C2BF7-A4FE-4608-91C9-9282C5801C21} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Core 16.0.0.0 of version: 9.0.0.7 is not supported by this version: 9.0.0.6 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Unsupported payload versions included

13. Laura says:

I am having trouble updating. It is giving me error code 2. Any help is appreciated!

14. What’s happening with plugin support? There are lots of plugins out there than enhance the PS experience. With previous PS updates, plugins have been very easy to reinstall. With the latest version of PS CC 2015 I can not see any way to access my plugins from within PS. Please help.

Stephen

15. Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

I now have CC 2015, but cannot open anything using bridge. It tells me that Windows cannot find Photoshop 2014. I guess because it was removed. I signed in and out of the Creative Cloud App as was suggested here and still do not see a new version of Bridge. I am at a loss here. How do I get the newest version of Bridge so I can open images if I can’t see it in the Creative Cloud App? Thank you.

• Correct. Per the FAQ above – If you didn’t change your Advanced Options to not remove prior versions, Photoshop CC 2014 was uninstalled. You can find the Bridge CC update by scrolling down in the Creative Cloud desktop app and clicking on “PREVIOUS VERSIONS>” to show previous versions. Bridge CC should be on the list and have an [Update] button next to it. Note Bridge is still labeled “Bridge CC” not “Bridge CC 2015.”

• Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

Thank you for your answer. I did that and I still get that message when I try to open an image. I opened Bridge using the “Open” next to Bridge in the Creative Cloud desktop app. . When I tried to open an image I got the same error message Should I open Photoshop CC 2015 and try that way?

• Just to confirm, you were able to install the Bridge 6.1.1 update? If so, Try this: install Photoshop CC 2015 over the top of itself (without removing it). To do this, in the Creative Cloud desktop app, go to the Apps tab. In the lower half, labeled Find New Apps, there is a filter drop-down to the right. By default it says All Apps or Filters & Versions, click it and choose Previous Version. Find Photoshop on the list and the button will say “Install” but it will also be a drop-down menu. Choose CC 2015 (16.0). This will do a “repair” install over the top of your existing files.

• Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

Still not working right.

• If you double-click a PSD on the desktop without Photoshop or Bridge open, what application opens to view the PSD?

If you go to Preferences>File Type Associations in Bridge, what is listed in there? (is 2015 or 2014 listed there?) Does clicking restore correct it?

• Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

Ok….just saw your two comments. Will go do those and get back to you. I had to walk away from all this to save my sanity.

• Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

Ok…to answer your question…I have no clue if I was able toload Bridge 6.1. I downloaded a Bridge from Previous versions in my App. Other than that what bridge I open is in CC 2015 and it still doesn’t open pictures. …. now I will go try what you said about CC 2015 reinstall

• Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

Ok, double clicked a PSD on the desktop and it opened in CC 2015.

When I go to File type associations in Bridge it shows Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 16.0 as the association.

Should I still try to install 2015 over itself like you said first?

Carolyn

• If you try and open a PSD in Bridge now, does it work correctly? Or is it still a problem from Bridge? If so, try installing Photoshop over itself.

• Carolyn Schiffhouer says:

It did not work so I installed CC 2015 over itself. At least I downloaded it a second time, I assume that was doing it over itself. Still the same problem. I downloaded another bridge using the button under previous versions. I can’t seem to find Bridge that says 6.1.

I feel like this has got to be something simple and stupid that I am doing. Also, getting frustrated enough to just cancel my subscription and go back to CS 6….at least that made sense. (But, I really don’t want to do that!)

16. Mary says:

Photoshop CC 2015 crashes all the time. There was no problems with previous 2014 version. This is very annoying.

17. Mary Ann Miller says:

I updated to 2015, and can no longer edit smart objects in Photoshop that were created in Illustrator. I get an error that says the target application cannot load. I’ve just uninstalled both apps and am reinstalling. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

18. Portraiture plug in Will not work with the 2015 update

19. C Jones says:

Was this release beta tested? Why are so many of us having so many different issues? I’m getting the error 021 message when trying to install Photoshop CC 2015. All other 2015 apps installed without issue.

A fair number of us are experiencing this update issue with Photoshop. I’m running Windows 8.1.

20. Mari says:

I installed the update. The apps PSD & LR load to the dock but will not open when selected. I can’t even open PSD CS6. Running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 , I’ve logged in/out of CC several times and restarted Mac.
    A support person helped me through chat and mac crashed while he was working on it.

• Do you get a specific error when you try to launch them? If you go to the applications folder and launch them from there do they work? That said, a system hang or crash requiring a computer restart usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

21. antoine says:

Hi, Is the Extract Asset option still available ? We only have the Export panel, but it’s impossible to export multiple size (@2x, @0.75x, etc…) with this. Is there a way to find this similar possibilitie ?

• Daniel says:

I can’t find extract assets either. It used to be between Copy CSS and duplicate layer and after an update it’s gone. Is it in a different place?

22. Thank you so much Jeff, this is really helpful!

One quick question that a reader just asked: Did the Lightroom 6/CC free trial reset (6.1) for this new CC 2015 release?

Thanks!

23. Kristin Vincent says:

Does my subscription for Photoshop CC 2014 carry over into the 2015 update? Or do I have to get a new subscription?

Because when it installed, it said “Begin Free Trial.”

24. Caitlyn Trout says:

How can I install my own extension? The documentation says that instead of using Extension Manager I need to use the Creative Cloud App, but I see no place where I can specify my own .zxp file.

25. Max Cavalli Cocchi says:

I’ve upgraded to CC 2015 two days ago, and Photoshop CC 2015 seems to be dramatically slow on my system.
    I own an iMac 21″ (latest 2013) with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5m 8GB RAM with latest Yosemite release.
    The CC 2015 version was fast, after the upgrade it take 5 minute with the coloured wheel spinning only to do a simple action as “save as..”
    What’s the problem?

26. tim says:

“It will uninstall prior versions of Photoshop you have installed”
    No it doesn’t. Checked the option. It’s STILL THERE.
    “It will migrate your presets, preferences and any compatible Add-Ons”
    No, they don’t. How do I get them across now that it’s installed?

And out of the box, the step backwards keyboard shortcut STILL doesn’t work. Year by year, update by update, things get added, but nothing seems to ever get fixed properly.

27. Jim Solomon says:

Installed PS 2015 CC. It fails every time I save a file and closes. It will reopen when I open a file from Bridge, but closes as soon as I save that file.

28. A.P.Van Meter says:

How can you get the 32 bit version to install on a machine that has both 64 and 32?

29. In the new photoshop cc 2015, the command-z feature no longer works with multiple layers selected. WTH??????

30. Frank Sobol says:

Any idea when there will be a fix for the install error 21 for PS-CC 2015? I have tried all the suggestions you have provided plus suggestions by others to the Adobe install problem. None of them has solved the problem so I can’t access Photoshop since some of the proposed fixes required uninstalling Adobe CC programs. After my two online sessions with Adobe technicians, they said I would hear back from Adobe on the issue. So far I have had no response. I appreciate your help. Frank Sobol, Eugene, OR

31. Karen says:

I downloaded PS 2015 but it wouldn’t completely download. Used the Creative Cloud Cleaner after uninstalling it. Downloaded it again using a new user account with administrative privledges as told in Adobe tach article. It did download and says it is up to date BUT every time I launch I get the ‘do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer” as if it is the first time the .exe has been run.
    Also, minor but annoying, when I pin to task bar, it is a generic square, not the PS icon, though I went in and chose the PS icon. This is a mess!

32. Jim Solomon says:

PS 2015 CC closes every time I save a file.

33. Emily says:

I can’t open any file except PSDs from the Windows 7 Pro “Open With” right-click menu. When I try to choose a program and go to Adobe’s program files and select the Photoshop EXE, it doesn’t show up in the menu. It basically behaves like I didn’t do anything. I’ve tried right-clicking on individual files AND changing file extension associations through the system panel and nothing works.

This is INCREDIBLY annoying and slowing me down bigtime at work. Just christ, fix this.

34. Henning says:

System: Mac Book Pro Retina MAC OS X 10.10.3 / 2.7 GHz i7
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015

Don’t know why but since my last update to CC 2015, my PS crashes when I start it immediately. When I start PS by holding shift (to avoid loading plug-ins), it works for one time, but after closing, it crashes again. BTW: There’re no plugins in the folder “Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 / Plug-ins /”, except an empty “Generator” folder. There is no Plug-ins Folder in my “Application Support / Adobe” Folder.

Do you’ve any solution for this problem?

35. Frank Sobol says:

New CC2015 install error: now I get Error 34 and none of the Error 21 messages…Here is Error 34: FATAL: Payload ‘Photoshop Camera Raw 8_9.1_AdobeCameraRaw8.0All 9.0.0.21 {822DABEA-3332-47BA-B12A-5B0FD97E0322}’ information not found in Media_db.
    One of the Adobe online technicians move Media_db. onto my desktop while trying to fix my Error 21 problem. It is still on my desktop but I don’t know how to get it back into Photoshop. Any suggestions? Thanks…Frank

36. Gerard Leeuw says:

Adobe, please create a more clever installer. If SP1 for Windows 7 is mandatory why will it install if the service pack is not there?

37. Maxence says:

This new version is not usable for me, I had no problem with 2014, and for this one, I cannot even use the selection tool and as soon I close a document, the softwaere crashes, I put screen shot here:

Please do something thanks

• Try this: select Preferences>Performance… and uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” and restart Photoshop.

• Jim Kahnweiler says:

I’m using a Mac running Mavericks. I’ve been going nuts trying to make the upgrade work. Disabling Graphics Processor fixed my save problem and other function problems. But to enable the change to the preference I had to enable read-write privileges for PS preferences. Is this a Mac OS thing? I recall this happened in a previous upgrade.
        Thanks.
        Jim

• Maxence says:

Thanks Jeffrey,
        “Use Grphic Processor” is unchecked by default cause when it starts it says there is some issue with my graphic card so they automaticly disabled this feature, the problem is, even if I checked the box for “don’t display this message again” it appears at each start…
        So it looks that it tried to use the gra^phic processor at each start and stopped it after,

Do you have more ideas about this issue?

Cheerz

Max

38. Roosa Räsänen says:

I got this annoying brush sensitivity bug in Photoshop CC 2015. I have heard that Wacom tablets can have that bug with Windows when using Photoshop, but it never happened to me before. Should I reinstall Photoshop again or is this bug in the program itself?

I use Wacom Cintiq 13HD and Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch.

39. Dan Wozniak says:

I updated both PS and LR to CC 2015, the PS update is good, but the LR update said it failed to update, but after I signed out and then back in, in CC, it did not say that anymore but I do not see any difference in LR than before, so I believe it did not do the full update,but in CC it says it is up to date. LR says it is CC 2015 but I do not have the de-haze slider or the whites and blacks options in the adjustment brush. I am using a pc. Any help will be much appreciated.

40. Josh Steimle says:

Can’t get Photoshop CC 2015 to open at all. It hangs as soon as it gets to “starting up plugins…scripting support.” I can’t get past this point. I’ve uninstalled, cleaned my system entirely of Adobe products, reinstalled, with no luck. Now I’m stuck without Photoshop at all. Guess I should have stayed on 2014?

41. Ed Fritz says:

I have posted article on Photoshop CC 2015 PlugIn compatibility Matrix. Over twenty 3rd party plugins compatibility being evaluated based on fresh downloads and installation and performance. Todate 6 plugins have been reviewed. Take a look to see how compatible your plugins are….

42. Christopher Burleson says:

I am at my wit’s end. I updated to Photoshop 2015 as soon as I saw it it was available.

Everything had been fine but last night I tried opening a PSD and PS crashed. Now every time I open PS, whether from a PSD, by launching the program itself or from Bridge, it crashes.

I have tried restarting my computer and uninstalling/reinstalling PS.
    I updated my computer’s graphics card.
    I checked for operating system updates (none available).
    I restarted my PC in Safe Mode.
    I have done everything applicable to me here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html

No matter what I do Photoshop crashes upon launch. The program is useless to me now and I am at a loss as to what to do next. Please help.

And in lieu of fixing this problem, how do I go back to PS CC 2014. I fear I deleted that version when I installed 2015 (a mistake I will not make in the future).

Thanks.

43. David Dube says:

I’ve installed all of my 2015 applications without problems except for Photoshop. It downloads/installs to 42% and then fails. The error is exit Code 21. I get 2 messages ~ Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Support 16.0.0.0 of version: 9.0.0.7 is not supported by this version: 9.0.0.6 of RIBS and they both list a different #

I called Adobe and the Tech said it was a Microsoft issue. OK but I’ve been with the Creative Cloud since the inception an my other applications installed fine?

44. JP. Zanotti says:

I have a subscription for Photoshop CC 2014 and after the installation (the button was INSTALL and not TEST or TRY IT) of Photoshop CC 2015, it appears that I have 30 days to buy it. I tried to disconnect and reconnect from CC without success.

It’s a bit confusing, what I’m supposed to do to recover Photoshop CC 2014 ? What about my subscription ? Do I have to stop it and get another one for Photoshop CC 2015, or will my subscription be updated if I choose Photoshop CC 2015 (I don’t want to pay both, especially because the installation of 2015 erased the last one !) Thanx

45. Rob says:

I am not seeing a document background colour when I use art-boards which makes it hard to see the edges. The colour choice is available from the contextual menu but it does nothing.
    Any idea’s?

46. Eve says:

Hi!
    it seems as I have lost my actions and cannot find them. Can you direct me to the folder so I can load them on photoshop 2015.
    Thanks!

47. Philip says:

I loved how the Nik filters worked with CC14 – now nothing works in CC15 – Nik help does not seem to have addressed the upgrade issue. I have read all about the reinstalling filters etc, but you could have waited your upgrade until you had a much simpler upgrade path for the filters in place

48. Ed Fritz says:

Just finished clean install of 20 third party plugins for new Photoshop cc 2015. You may be interested to use matrix information for your plugin installs. There is info to vendor download sites, support and FAQ as well as type of install you will have to do (manual vs Auto vs manual config). Good Luck & I hope this helps

49. Lio says:

Hi there,

I’m trying to install Photoshopp CC 2015. I have upgraded ACC, then I confirmed the Photoshop CC (2015) update and the Bridge CC. After 1 hour I’m still here with Photoshop CC at 67%, the CPU is working (not the download) and the only thing I see in Task Manager working on CPU is Photoshop Prefs Manager (32 bit) about on 10 – 15% CPU.
    In ACC Bridge CC is “waiting” And PS CC is always at 67%..
    What I have to do? I think1 hour is enough to install Photoshop CC 2015, so something is going bad…..
    Please, any help would be apreciated.
    Thanks.

PS I obviously have a CC subscription

50. Milk says:

I use photoshop to drawing for a long time but it had big problem in 2015 ver. 2015 was lag when i use it to draw…it didn’t happen to 2014 Ver.

51. AlanPlatt says:

Now with the new 2015 CC my screen resolution is too low for camera raw. It tells me at least 1024 is required. I’m set on 1920 x 1200. Lightroom and Bridge CC are unaffected. I can’t use PS 2015 CC, I can only use PS 2014 CC

My screen in 2015 CC looks huge, too big to navigate.

Any advise please.

52. Jack says:

The update to PS 2015 was oké only I mis the camera raw 9.1 with the new features (dehase)
    Did I miss something?
    Grtz Jack

53. Michael says:

Dear Adobe-Team,
    there are many things what make me angry. The penetrant update info from the CC Tray.
    Then I did the Update to PS 2015 an now i´ve
    – installation directory changed, so my plugins doesn´t work. I have copy them manually
    – downsized my ACR to 8.0, so i have to search and download the update manually. I used 9.0 before the update to 2015!!!!!
    – when I open JPEG Files, there are no StarReviews loaded?!? Whats that for a BUG?!

all that things annoys me, and I hope next updates were checked. I have no time for those experiments

54. Howard Fritzke says:

Gentlemen……. I have gotten to a point in very short order, That I’ve become totally disillusioned with Photoshop CC 2015! Along with the bugs I’ve encountered them totally trashed out my third party plug-ins which I find none too funny and totally unprofessional in the process up dates! At this time I would be just as happy to return to Photoshop CC 2014 and live with it. What I need now is a clear understanding of how I can properly reinstall that within my computers.

55. Martin Addison says:

The Creative Cloud App will not update Lightroom CC2015 to 6.1. I have tried going through Help> check for Updates, but this simply opens up the CC App again. I have signed out of CC App and back in again, but it still will not update. I also have the latest CC App installed.
    On my laptop everything updated immediately, but my desktop will not. Please advise, Thanks
    Martin

56. Diana says:

Hello since I installed the new CC 2015 photoshop runs very slow, even when the files are not bigger than 20MB
    Before the update I had any problem, everything worked perfectly.
    This is really a big problem for me because I can’t work and I have deadlines to accomplish.
    And I have enough memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    So, What’s the recommendation? Go back to CC 2014?

57. Chris Crevasse says:

Installed CC 2015 and it seems to be working well, except that I evidently am not able to convert my image profiles to my printer’s profile. With CC 2014 and prior versions of PS, I could visually see the color changes when converting (from sRGB) to my (Costco) printer profile, and the printed images closely matched what I saw on my screen pre-conversion. Now, however, there is no visual change on screen when I convert profiles even though the image is tagged with the Costco printer profile, and the printed images do not match what I see on my screen. Windows 7. Any suggestions? Thanks.

58. Mimi says:

Photoshop cc 2015 has been crashing on me when trying to convert to smart filter. I’ve looked around and there hasn’t been any other reports on the same topic.

59. Diego says:

Good morning. After updating my applications to CC 2015, my libraries will not load. I have been looking for a solution but have found none. I’m on Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried sign in/out, deleting .db files, deleting OOBE files and nothing works. Thank you in advance for your help.

60. richard waller says:

Trouble with installation of PS15.
    And trouble with getting help.
    Is there a free live on line service for assistance ?

61. Eve says:

Hi!
    I have noticed that after updating to this new version, when I open bridge and navigate to old folders with my camera nikon d810 the settings that I have used for these files in bridge/camera raw have changed. Once I open the folder I can see the files updating to different settings, not the settings that I used originally and don’t know how I can get these settings back. Is this data saved somewhere on my computer and how do I prevent this from happening when navigating to other folders. I don’t want to lose the settings in other folders as well.

62. Kenny says:

Having issues with latest version of photoshop CC on yosemite when attempting to save over existing files. It is denying write permissions.

doesnt seem to be a permissions issue as i have reset permissions, and other user’s who login dont have these issues at all.

has anyone experienced this? is this a yosemite issue or photoshop CC issue?

• How did you reset permissions? If you used Disk Utility to repair permissions, this only repairs OS directories and does nothing for 3rd party applications nor user folders. Try creating a new Admin user account and run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#Permissions

• Laura says:

Hi I have done what you said with the new Admin user, and photoshop then works fine, but if I go back to the original user, same issue still. Are you meaning that we have create new profiles for everyone so that they don’t get this permission error?

• Correct. Or figure out what directory has damaged permissions. I’d start with the user Library/Application Support/Adobe and make sure your admin user has the correct permissions for this folder and all it’s contents.

• Laura says:

Thanks for your reply, sadly changing all profiles and making everyone Admins would not work for our environment, we don’t give everyone Admin rights to their machine. To be honest, an update to Photoshop really isn’t a good enough reason to change that.

I will look into the permissions on folders. Also I know upgrading the operating system to 10.11.3 does fix it too.

63. Mike Christopher says:

Photoshop 2015 is wanting to update but I keep getting an “Update Failed” message. Learn more is saying “Update Failed – The download appears corrupted. Please try to download again. (U43M1D204)”

I’m guessing the update is for Camera Raw plug-in version 9.1 because I get a message warning me photoshop may need this when I’m transferring photos over from LR to edit.

This is happening on both my laptop and desktop computer. I’ve tried uninstalling the Creative Cloud ap and re-installing it. No help.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

64. Doug B says:

So I chose to uninstall everything and start fresh, which wasn’t much since it was only the 2014 version of CC Photoshop and Lightroom. Yet, when I go to install the Google Nik plugins, it is showing that 2014 is still kind of there. I then went into the “App Delete” program to see if it too would detect it, and it sure did. So, why isn’t everything from CC 2014 gone then? And is it safe to have App Delete get rid of it?

65. Chc. says:

I got lag problem (little lag on startup and sometime heavy lag while working with psd file) in photoshop cc 2015
    I use windows 7 64 bit on pc desktop with cpu i5-4440 3.1ghz / ram 16 gb ddr3 /
    mainboard gigabyte ga-z87m-d3h / Vga nVidia GTX650 oc 2gb ddr5

Please fix this problem.

66. Kath says:

I cannot update Camera Raw in PSCC 2015. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks!

67. lady says:

why its not works on Windows 10? i have CC2015

68. Carl says:

I have done the update. It has not updated Lightroom,5.7 or PS2014, I know have both LR 5.7,and CC2015 along with PS2014, and2015 versions, so 1) I need to remove the earlier versions. 2) When in Develop in LR CC2015, and Camera Raw in PS I am not seeing the image, I am seeing a blue screen with a white cross where the image should go. The data is there as any adjustments made can be seen in the histogram. LR5.7 is ok

• I would suspect an old/bad video driver or an unsupported graphics card.

First, if you’re on windows, update your video drivers. Determine what video card you have and go *directly to the manufacturers website (nVidia or ATI/AMD)* and download the latest driver.

Just doing Windows Update won’t give you the latest and greatest drivers. You must go directly to your card manufacturers website to check for driver updates.

If that doesn’t solve it, go to the Preferences in Lightroom and uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” under the Performance tab and restart Lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Go to the Preferences in Lightroom and uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” under the Performance tab and restart Lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html Let me know if that fixes it for you.

69. Monty Wiseman says:

Not a fan of Adobe assuming its ok to take away previous versions without my permission.
    I have tried your posted fix for finding my previous version of Photoshop CC 2014. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#topic-3
    There is no list beside the open button. I have a choice to open CS6 or uninstall CS6. Any other suggestions? There are no other photoshop options that come up. Thanks.

• In the Creative Cloud app scroll down to the section header titled “FIND ADDITIONAL APPS” and select “VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS” from the blue lettered pop-up in that same section header. Then you will see the [install] button with the pop-down to select which prior version you want.

70. David Medina says:

Thanks so much Adobe for screwing up my system. The more I use Adobe cloud the more I hate it.
    I came today to work on a file that I needed urgently to find out that Adobe Cloud installed a new version of Photoshop and deleted my previously working copy of PS CC as well as none of my actions were migrated, screwed up all my extension and NONE of my plugins are installed.
    How dare you do that without letting me know first so I can take precautions? Now I cannot work and lost money thanks to you, Adobe.

I am so disappointed with Adobe. I have been using Photoshop since version 3 and progress stopped as soon as you forced us into the Adobe Cloud crap. Lightroom CC is so bad that I was forced to switch to capture one (way better so you actually did me a favor). And now you replaced PS without even asking me and ground my studio to a halt, not be able to meet my obligation because it screwed everything up. Shame on you!

I can’t wait for the day that a company creates an alternative to Photoshop so I can finally loos the Adobe chains.

71. Lauren says:

Can I get my comment answered please? It says it’s still waiting moderation but it’s been 24 hours already and there people who posted just today who’ve had their comments answered.

72. Denise says:

Will my extensions (TK panel, Adobe Texture Pro, and others) eventually work with PS CC 2015? Also, where do I look to see which version of ACR I have?
    Thank you in advance.

73. Stan says:

Launch times for Lightroom CC often are in the 35+ second range.(time from splash screens to thumbnails) Much longer than my previous stand alone versions of LR. Tried signing out and back in to Creative Cloud and the Adobe suggestion of renaming the folders SLCache and SLStore. This produced dramatic improvements in in the launch time down to about only 5 seconds. However this gradually degrades over a matter of days (several launches of LR) back to the 35+ second range. Terribly frustrating.
    iMac late 2012, latest version of Yosemite with 16G of memory.
    Any advice most appreciated.
    Stan

74. vince says:

I officially hate CC. I have lost every filter I had spent hours reinstalling on my new mac pro (Nik, etc.) and now they are gone and I have to apparently do it all over again, and in some cases they won’t work.

I am rethinking the whole cloud thing. I lose money every time I upgrade.

75. Gabriele says:

I have some issues with Photoshop 2015 and Google NIK filters on my iMac 5K
    If I apply the filters the first time everything goes ok, filters are applied. When I try to apply the filters for a second pass Photoshop hangs, I have to force to close it.
    I installed the NIK filters from a fresh installation and download the latest release.
    Any help?

76. James Arendell says:

Good morning

Windows 7 sp1

Since yesterday I can not create a new document in PS cc 2015, the screen freezes and error message “Generator” appears and suggests that I remove all 3rd party plug-ins, which I have done, but to no avail. I have un-installed and re-installed the programme twice now and still the problem persists.

Curiously, all other options within the file menu work, its just the New Document that doesn´t want to play ball!

Any suggestions chaps?

Regards

James

77. Ryan says:

After the update to CC 2015, and multiple issue with my wacom, I will report, you are now required to have “use windows ink” turned on in the wacom prefs for you to have pressure sensitivity. Now I have to deal with the annoying “rings” associated with having to have “use windows ink” enabled. I’m also experiencing an annoying bug where it will act as if i’m holding shift. When i’m drawing in PS it will randomly draw a straight thick line(ignoring pressure sensitivity), it happens randomly and often. Very frustrating. I hope i’m not the only one experiencing this. And before people say to “install x-driver for wacom” I will tell you, I have done the obvious “fixes” that would be recommended. This is definitely a bug in the new update.

78. sarah says:

If I give a CC 2015 file with multiple artboards to someone who has an older version of photoshop, will they be able to see all of the artboards?

• Artboards are simply special layer groups under the hood. If they open a document with Artboards in it they will see an error that “unknown” data has been encountered and ask if they want to open the document and retain the layers. They will see groups instead of of Artboards and all the layers and content in the layers panel and they won’t see the matting of the artboards on the canvas.

79. jonas says:

Where can I get the 32 bit version of Photoshop?

80. Betty Huth says:

In Photoshop CC 2015 Each time I open the program I have to reload my brushes as the default brushes are loaded on launch. Is this the way it should be? If not, how can I get the program to always load my brushes?

• Photoshop’s preferences are saved when you shut down the application. Sounds like Photoshop isn’t exiting correctly and the prefs aren’t getting saved. When you quit Photoshop, is it crashing on quit? Or are you getting any errors that the preferences can’t be saved?

81. Clay says:

I use Photoshop to draw on a Microsoft Surface Pro 1.

Photoshop CC 2015 lags when doing anything at all. It is very frustrating. The BIG problem is that there is a lag when I draw. With the lag, I can’t draw. Since that is the reason I use Photoshop and the Surface, my Surface is now basically a $1000 paperweight with an indefinitely expensive useless piece of software on it.

I’m using Windows 8.1
    Rulers are not on.

Is Adobe working to fix the general lack of performance, or are they literally expecting people to pay a monthly subscription fee to run the 2014 version of Photoshop from here on out?

• Clay says:

I’m taking the lack of response as “No, Adobe will not be optimizing their software. Continue to pay your subscription and buy a new computer, or you’re always free to stop being an illustrator/graphic designer.”

• Are you referring to the original Surface Pro 1? That system is really underpowered for running Photoshop.

• Clay says:

…and yet it ran Photoshop CC 2014 perfectly.

Now the same functions run so slowly that it is unusable, and your answer is “your computer isn’t strong enough for Photoshop.” Nice. I wonder what I’ve been using all this time… must’ve been a different computer.

Thanks for letting me know there are no plans to address the issue, I guess. Since Adobe bought up all its competitors, you don’t have to care about your customers, right? Your response is a spot-on representation of your company.

82. Edward says:

I bought a new win7 PC and I installed PS CC2015. However it keeps crashing when I tried to open it.
    PPCRASH
    Locale ID: 3076
    Additional Information 1: 6e60
    Additional Information 2: 6e606d6fba6840a74272d048fe90ef58
    Additional Information 3: 8ad1
    Additional Information 4: 8ad10f8e86154f936babed4f30aa60e5

83. angelina says:

every time i close a project it says the program isnt responding and the closes, when i then re open the program every project is still there and its impossible to take them away???

84. Joe says:

My photoshop cc I pay monthly for recently updated to a new 2015 version.. When I opened it up the firs time. EVERYTHING IS BIGGER. To the point I can’t see everything at once in menus etc.. like I used to. Is there a resolution setting or something I use to get it back to normal? PLEASE HELP ME…..

85. Ken W says:

1. Will installation of PS CC delete my Photoshop Elements installation?
    2. Can i use PSE along with PS CC to edit photos?
    3. Are there regular PS CC tutorials published on the web a la photoshopelementsuser.com?
    4. If there is a site that holds PS CC tutorials, can one search by topic on it?
    5. Does Adobe have an instruction site for new users to kick use of PS CC
    6. Does a chat line exist for users to pose questions or are questions solely confined to the PS CC forum?

86. Steven Ekholm says:

My rectangular selection tool, or any squared selection including select all, Is displaying strangely ever since I upgraded to 2015. It seems to draw a series of possibly random rectangles of pixel wide lines throughout the selection. These visible rectangles change their position and distribution depending on how the image is zoomed. It does not seem to affect the intended selection (it still seems to be selecting “all” when you select all) but visually it reads as if their is some kind of crazy framing of 1 pixel wide vertical and horizontal channels. It is very distracting, and the contrast it creates can make the image hard to see. Any idea what is happening, or how I might fix it?

87. Brad Wieler says:

lightroom CC2015.1 crashes Mac OS 10.10.4. I’ve tried switching off GPU and back on again. I can’t find a solution anywhere.

88. Ray says:

Hi,
    after taking the plunge and switching off the anti virus, & firewall on my PC to try and get the 32 bit version of Photoshop cc 2015 to replace the 2014 version I still have get “access denied” – I think that having to go to this amount of effort for something you pay for is totally unacceptable and Adobe need to be taken to task over it far from a satisfactory situation.

89. Marcia Cassidy says:

I am having the exact same issues as Karen. Photoshop is working fine, but every time I enter the application, it asks for permission to make changes to the computer. And the Photoshop icon on the task bar is a generic square. As suggested, I have reinstalled PS on top of the existing version and it has not fixed this issue. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

90. Martin says:

I’m getting an odd issue with Photoshop 2015 and Wacom Cintiq 12WX on OSX Yosemite.
    When moving photoshop over to the Wacom the artboard goes black. This happens if I drag just the working document window or the open the entire app in the Wacom screen. It’s basically unusable, anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

Note: It doesn’t happen on other software (Sketch and Illustrator 2015) so I’m pretty sure it’s a Photoshop only issue.

91. chris says:

Aw jeez, the previous version of PS used to open on my computer in 1.5 seconds, now it hangs on opening for about 15 seconds, then opens files verrrrrry slowly. Anyone else having this problem? : (

92. EV says:

Started having issues with 2014 crashing and saving (macbook pro, OSX mavericks) so I updated to 2015 and it still does the same thing. I tried disabling the graphics processor but that didn’t change anything. Any more ideas?

• EV says:

FOLLOW UP: I can quick export, but save as for any format just causes a crash. And it’s actually crashed my entire computer twice today (and I’ve only had to restart twice since last September…)

• A system crash (hang or freeze requiring a computer restart) usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

93. Aurelious Alston III says:

I cannot seem to connect my Wacom intuos 4 with Photoshop cc 2015. When I launch the application. the settings on my tablet won’t load up and only displays the default buttons. Even when I try to set photoshop as a preset, it will not allow me to do that. lt also will not appear in the currently opened applications.

Possible fix????

94. Ray Staar says:

The screen on PS CC 2015 is enormous…virtually unusable. I’ve downloaded Flash, AI and Premiere Pro. They are not affected in this way. Thoughts?
    Thanks.

95. LoriDawn Messuri says:

I want to add my fonts back into Photoshop software. Since I updated to Photoshop CC 2015 and the fonts I had added to Photoshop before are no longer there. I try to add the fonts back and I only get the option to update fonts though Typekit and Typekit does not have the fonts that I want.

96. omar says:

How do I change the display size?
    using PS 2015 on Windows
    The fonts and tools display are big, can not see complete display. when using shake reduction, can not see detail image at the bottom.
    Tool bar can not see all options on the bottom

97. Ed Fritz says:

I have been working with Imagenomics to find out why their plugin was not compatible with CC 2015…. I received this email tonight…
    I have been working on a compatibility issue with Imagenomic and Photoshop CC 2015. They have concluded that the problem is with Adobe 2015 —->
    Important Information for Plugin Menu Glitch and Performance from Noiseware
    The Noiseware menu glitch is a bug related to the Photoshop menu system.
    Any plugin in the 6th place on the external Filter list will exhibit this issue.
    We’ve informed Adobe and await their response.

98. Layer Style window is really slow to open in CC 2015, every time I double-click on “Effects” or any one of the styles. It takes about 6 seconds to display the dialog. This is a major slowdown! I open this dialog constantly, as I move from layer to layer. In CC 2014 this took about a second.

I am not using Rulers, Extras are disabled, PSD file sizes are about 10MB.

Photoshop CC 2015 (20150529.r.88 x64)
    Windows 8.1, Intel i7 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.

99. Luigi_3021 says:

1–When I use curves in ACR, it uses ~10 logical processors from 16 and to 50% video card and it’s real-time, so it’s okay.
    If I modify curves in PSCC only one processor is used and 2-5% video card, it freezes and I can’t do anything else till it finishes. With some check points fixed in the image (for RGB or LAB values) it becomes worse.
    Quadro K2200 (the same behavior with or without opencl enabled/disabled)
    2–When I select only one channel, I can see how the image is filled over the checkered pattern.

I wonder if this should happen with 16 logical processors (2x Xeon quad-core) and Quadro K2200 with so many cores and 4GB video RAM.
    Luigi

100. Yoel says:

Photoshop CC 2015 bug:
    If you have timeline open and convert a layer to a smart object (in order to enable transform) it crashes.

101. Yoel says:

Bug:
    If timeline is open and you are animating a layer and then turn it into a smart object (to enable transform) Photoshop CC 2015 crashes (at least on Yosemite)

102. Yoel says:

I would be extremely grateful for some acknowledgment regarding the shoe-lace bug issue in all versions of Photoshop CC. (With Yosemite/Wacom Cintiq (any driver)

There is simply no way to paint a line that has a consistent smooth tapered pressure sensitive ending— unless you turn the “smoothing” off which results in jagged curves!

How could the fact that Photoshop is incapable of painting a simple smooth ending line not be a major issue?

103. Sverker says:

Since I got the 2015 versions of Photoshop CC SmartSharpen can’t be used any more.
    It does everything extremely slowly, even just clicking on anything on its control panel.
    Worked very well in the 2014 version, but no no more.
    Why? What to do?
    I have tried uninstall and reinstall Ph, but no difference.
    Windows 7-64 prof.
    Help please!

• Pete Green says:

Hi Sverker,

Sounds like you may be running into a GPU issue, and the first thing i’d try is updating your video card driver directly from the manufacturer’s website: blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#UpdateDriver

A second thought could be to reset the preferences and see if that’s related at all: blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Let us know how it goes
      Regards

104. Jason says:

If I create something in a CC 2015 app, then open it in the CC 2014 app on another computer, will it be compatible?

105. PETER WADE says:

Have downloaded new CC release of PS and LR but have both LR 5 and the new version on my hard drive – and both taking up 1.5 gb approx. This looks wrong. Any thoughts pls?

106. Lynne Mass says:

After upgrading Pshop CC, my Topaz filters do not work. My Nik and OnOne Filters worked just fine. Topaz claims this is an Adobe problem and that the company is aware of the problem. Topaz reports : “there is a bug in CC 2015 where ANY plugin listed at the 6th position in the filter list will not work, regardless what kind of plugins. For example, here is a hypothetical list of plugins:
    Akvis
    Alien Skin
    Athentech Imaging
    DxO Labs
    Film Emulation
    Nik Collection
    Topaz Labs

In the above example, all plugins except Nik’s plugins will work, because Nik Collection is the 6th in the list.” What is Adobe doing about this?

107. Yu says:

I getting a new computer to work with photoshop , i was reading the requirements to download it, but the computer i can afford dont have all of them . If the compuetrr im getting dont have what Adobe requiere is not gonna work ? Or it mean that is gonna be slow

108. Fotoiwan says:

LR CC 2015 still wont update to latest version 6.1, tryed everyting, signing out and in CC app, uninstall/reinstall and the off line update installers wont even install.
    Cant do anything with my X-T10 RAF files exept convert em to DNG and i dont want that.
    Import as DNG in LR wont work either, so i have to convert them to DNG with the converter and then import in LR CC 2015, this is crazy ?!!

No solution whatsoever, its weeks now.
    I really regret my year subscription, wish i stayed at Capture one.

109. Fotoiwan says:

Every time i install LR CC 2015 i get the following error:
    Exit Code: 6
    Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

————————————– Summary ————————————–

– 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

———– Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) 10.0.40219.325 {55B82130-18F9-11E2-8D43-00215AEA26C9} ———–

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: 1651

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at “C:\Users\Iwan\AppData\Local\Temp\{38247A9C-7015-4132-8D3D-C029A36ECCC6}\Lightroom_6_LS11\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe”, or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website – http://www.microsoft.com

————————————————————————————-

LR does start and i got the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) installed, it was already installed before installing LR CC 2015.
    Why does LR CC 2015 give me so much troubles ?!

I already stated that:

Photoshop CC 2015 does update fine, even de ACR is up to date and can handle my X-T10 .RAF files fine.
    Its LR that is not working as it should.

No solution whatsoever, its weeks now.
    I really regret my year subscription, wish i stayed at Capture one.

110. Willie Mobbs says:

Yesterday I installed the update for Photoshop CC 2015 and it resulted in an increase in the type size in the Photoshop window. I am running this on a 13″ laptop so I can work away from the studio and the increase really limits the available real estate for editing images. All the tabs have increased proportionally taking up even more of the image editing space and requiring me to waste time scrolling down tabs to see what I used to be able to at a glance.
    How do I get the type size back to the original size please?

111. Andy Stuart says:

HELP!!!!
    I’m trying to install Lightroom CC on another PC, I have had Photoshop CC and Bridge CC already installed on Creative Cloud for desktop will not install at my last attempt I got the Error code 46. I currently have all firewalls and anti virus switched off after reading that that may be causing an issue. This is really getting me down as I have been at this all day yesterday and for about 4 hours today!!!

112. Andrew says:

Sometimes when I open images into the cc2015 version of PS, big blocks of the image will show up black or white and I won’t be able to see what I’m working on. Is there a fix for this problem?

113. Zackary Lazarus says:

Holy crap!! SO SLOW!
    I’ve updated my whole creative suite and now my Premier Pro is extremely laggy – can’t even play rendered clips without dropping 30% of the frames. This is complete and utter crap! Long time Adobe user and so f-ing mad!
    Also lags and clitches in both Audition and After Effects

Why release something that isn’t ready!? Can I go back to CC2014?

Running on Late 2013 Macbook Pro 8GB Ram – 500GB SSD – Never ever had issues before.

PLEASE HELP! This will kill my media company.

114. Agiyo says:

Since the last two updates, Photoshop CC 2015 crashes several times within the first minute I try to use it. It was stable before that. Everything CC is up to date.

The sales pitch pop-up for your stock photography is just another bother, yet another superfluous step. Come on, folks!

• You can hide the Welcome screen by going to Preferences>General and checking “Do not show Welcome screen on launch”

What OS/version are you running on? If windows, do you have an AMD video card?

115. Ed Murphy says:

I’m doing some drawing exercises using layers with the drawing beneath (opacity turned down) on a separate layer. How do I get rid of the checkerboard design in each of the layers? It makes it hard to see what I’m drawing? Thanks a lot!

116. Lynn Ross says:

I for the life of me can’t find in the plug-ins the panels folder .. I have used the persons extension installer and it will only tell me that I need to have Photoshop version 12.0 or greater … what gives this is frustrating as all get out the previous Photoshops were easy to do this kind of stuff with..

Lynn

117. Hello,

A couple of days ago, in searching out info on Bridge crashes, I was connected to a forum here on Bridge, which now I cannot find, so I am posting here.

I did what you suggested, roll back the ATi driver to 14.4, but it stll crashes, albeit not so frequently, and the crash data is much smaller than earlier and in a different location. I can send it if you want to see it (24K file size).

It simply suddenly dies. I have PS open and minimized as I do DxO Sometimes, DxO and PS don’t play well with each other but until now, Bridge was immune.

CC2015, Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit,all updates.

118. Herschel Weintraub says:

When I open a Nikon NEF file in Photoshop, Camera Raw pops up. It states that due to a graphics processor error, the processor has been disabled. If I check use graphics processor, it recognizes it. However any selection that I make (cancel, load, etc) causes Photoshop to hang and requires me to kill the process. (Running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1.) If I do not activate the graphics processor it seems to work. The graphics processor is recognized by Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC (both 2015).

Any suggestions?

-Herschel

119. Ken Mayer says:

I have been a CC cloud customer for over a year using Lightroom and Photoshop, now I cannot access photoshop or lightroom CC

120. imran says:

Hello,
    I have just updated photoshop to cc 2015 but it is not working no error. Dreamweaver and Illustrator is working fine but photoshop is not opening. I have windows 8.1 installed on my desktop.

121. Marly says:

When I pull my acr up I can adjust the controls on the side menu panel but I can’t see the words (exposure, highlight, clarity etc) the actual words are black on a black background. How do I fix this? Please help!

122. Robert Appleton says:

Photoshop CC 2015 October Update will not complete. Also Photoshop will not uninstall.
    I’ve tried the Adobe suggestions with no results. My old Photoshop CC 2015 is fine. If you have a solution I’d appreciate it.

b

123. Dave Ewenson says:

after getting CC2015 opening RAW photos…from a panasonic GH4 , causes them to go change colour and resolution . they look totally messed up. Whats Up? plus its slow

124. Garry McGovern says:

Hello. I have just upgraded from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade, my Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (up to date) will not work. Bridge does. I can open a raw file from Bridge into Adobe Camera Raw, work on it, but when I try to open it in Photoshop CC 2015 from the ACR dialog, the Photoshop screen opens but immediately I get the message that “Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” Of course it doesn’t. I have to close this message dialog and Photoshop screen immediately closes. I have spent hours online trying to find a fix – without success.
    The Adobe Creative Cloud utility tells me that my Bridge and Photoshop are both up to date.
    What do I do to fix this – and how? I look forward to a speedy solution, and would appreciate your help.

• Most issues after an upgrade to Windows 10 are caused by bad video drivers. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html Update the drivers directly from nVidia (not using windows update).

• Garry McGovern says:

I have checked several times in trhe last few days (and again just now) directly with nvidea. and according to nvidea I have the current driver installed on my machine. What I don’t understand is that Photoshop CC 2015 (which was up to date before changing from Windows 7 to 10) was working perfectly, including several plug-ins, on Windows 7. However, as mentioned in my post above, the trouble started immediately after going from Windows 7 to 10. After reading your reply (above) a few minutes ago, I checked the nvidea site and it told me that I have the current driver.
        I also checked the link you proviced re basic trouble-shooting steps, particularly in reference to plug-ins. It mentions there about possible troubles in going to later versions of Photoshop. In my case, I was not going to a later version of Photoshop – I wasgoing to a later version of Windows! As I’ve said previously, that’s when the trouble started.
        Also, Adobe Creative Cloud says my Photoshop and Bridge are up to date.
        I am now thinking of wiping my C-drive and starting all over again, installing a new unused version of Windows 7. I may, however, try reverting to Windows 7 before doing that, but I have heard that so many people have had more troubles after reverting to 7.

125. connie cole says:

Are you saying i have to contact each plug in manufacturer and ask for updates compatible with photoshop CC? I have an error saying my adobe flash is also out of date but when i go through the process of reinstalling it still will not play.