Photoshop CC 2015.5.1 Update Now Available

Photoshop 2015.5.1 Update (8/8/2016)

8/8/2015 – Today we released Photoshop CC 2015.5 update version 2015.5.1 (Mac and Windows) to address several issues.

Customer reported issues resolved

How to get the updates

How to confirm that the Update worked:

Give us feedback!

Once you’ve updated to the newest version of Photoshop, don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences. The quality of Photoshop wouldn’t be what it is today without our passionate and loyal customers around the world. Giving us regular feedback helps us to find and fix issues that we may otherwise not know about. We are listening.

Here are a few ways that you can provide feedback:

Thanks!

55 Responses to Photoshop CC 2015.5.1 Update Now Available

1. grauenwölfe says:

“The quality of Photoshop wouldn’t be what it is today without our passionate and loyal customers around the world.”

Maybe we should stay quiet from now on then.

2. Jochen G. says:

when will we see proper offline installer that let us choose the language?

offlien installer for ALL CC apps, not just PS and Lightroom?

it is unbelievable that adobe is not willing to provide offline installer. 🙁

3. Grant says:

This issue has not been resolved in the latest update:
    Select and Mask: Using the Refine edge brush on one area of a pre-existing selection may cause certain hard edges in another area to change a few pixel values, especially when the image is in very high resolution

I am still getting this exact issue.

• Greg Brown says:

I’m HATING the Select and Mask update. HATING it. The refine edge brush is AWFUL

• Wes Halton says:

I am getting the same problem using the refine edge brush with random areas that have been selected being unselected and vice versa Really is useless

• Jenn Ortiz says:

Ugh, same problem. Even when using channels to mask, it’s a mess. It seems S&M update is centered around fur and hair, for which i get ok results but everything else in the image becomes a mess. The tool should be reverted to the old Quick Selection + Refine-Edge and then add the new S&M as a tool to employ just for hair.

4. John McAssey says:

Scripting bugs has not been addressed pleas take a look at my bug reports..

5. Clayton King says:

My Creative Cloud doesn’t show this update. I’m running 2015.5 and it says it’s current. So can the 5.1 update be downloaded? Or does someone with Adobe need to pull a trigger on CC for this?

6. tom lin says:

Text related action bug still unresolved. Bug was submitted and reproduced. When you try to escape out of a running action while creating text (with dialog on), it will bug out and lock you in create text mode. Everything else is clickable but no response, action can no longer be cancelled via the stop button. Only way to get out of it is to force quit, losing any unsaved work.

7. Kathryn Kolencik says:

Why doesn’t Creative Cloud see that there’s an update?

8. Frank says:

Photoshop 17 instantly crashes/disappears when using TWAIN on El Capitan 10.11.6.
    I have to go back to Photoshop 2015.1.2 to get my scanner working again.
    Photoshop 17 is much bigger, slower (again: slower!) than previous version. It is less reliable. Please, Adobe: take more afford in testing your software. And please, please, please make the stuff a lot, lot, lot faster! (Latter is for Lightroom, too).

9. Frank says:

It is a Canon 9000F. Certainly current drivers and absolutely flawless with every application and also Photoshop up to 2015.1.2. As mentioned, Photoshop 17 is a bloated,terrible thing with less quality ans instabilities. When Photoshop completely crashes and disapears because of its TWAIN-interface, Photoshop developers missed a lot lessons about proper error handling – or better error avoiding.
    I am so frustrated with every new iteration. More and more feature which are not really interesting an a most complete software. But every new version is worse: bigger, slower and less reliable. Why not developing for speed, stability and code optimization? it is really time for that.

• Hi Frank, Have you submitted any Crash Reports along w/your email address?: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html This may help us track down what’s going wrong. I’m sorry you’re having trouble. This is the first report I’ve seen of crashing with scanning so it might be something specific to the TWAIN driver for that scanner:

From the Canon website, that scanner states: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/support-scanners-canoscan-series/canoscan-9000f

OS Compatibility:
      4 Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to 10.6.x

• Frank says:

Hi Jeffrey, thank for caring.
        Don’t believe the product description. From your link there are new drivers for El Capitan just two clicks away. 😉
        Sorry, the Crash Reporter didn’t not show up. Photoshop 17 (2015.5) really cashed and disappeared completely. Only the crash dialog of the OS X system come up and I pressed the button to to send those reports to Apple. I used the Adobe TWAIN plugin in the most recent version.
        Now, I have PS 2015.1.2 with the same TWAIN plugin working again, without any flaws. I will only update again if I see the TWAIN bug fixed. I have currently no time to do additional experiments on my production system. Hope you find the bug, also for usable speed on a 5K iMac for PS and Lightroom.

• Lewis Kemper says:

I have the same scanner and the same problem. Now Adobe’s site says their Twain plug in does not work in 2015.5. what has changed so radically from 2015 to 2015.5 that we can’t use our scanners anymore?

10. Sergey Kritskiy says:

> don’t forget to leave us feedback about your experiences. We are listening.
    Smudge tool in 100% strength is broken since CS6, there’re many posts on feedback.photoshop, on Adobe forum and what? I’m glad that you’re listening but it’d be amazing if you actually do something on bugs that are 4+ years old

11. penum says:

Where are the download releases of cc 2015.5.1 32-bit and 64bit windows???

12. Paul says:

Content aware healing brush disappears into the background of certain colors becoming unuseable on 4K display.

13. Achim says:

The following fix:
    “Rasterize EPS Format” dialogue box doesn’t remember Mode setting

should also be applied to place a smart object.
    When dragging over multiple pdfs in an already open file for example, the crop to option always reverts to bounding box.

THANKS!

14. Leonardo Volpi Kesselring says:

HI,
    Was save for web fixed under macOS Sierra?
    It still crashes every time on my machine.

15. Stuart Claussen says:

Updated 2 computers to Photoshop CC 2015.5 yesterday (maybe 2015.5.1 – latest update) one computer works fine, the other computer quit launching photoshop all together. Been most of day with tech support trying to resolve to no avail. Any suggestions?

16. hany says:

you should bring refine edge back then make select and mask as a separate feature i think it will be better than this force us to use this select and mask

17. Kenneth says:

When I open a new document it starts at 50% zoom instead of 100% as it used to do (on a non-retina screen attached to macbook pro).

• When did this change happen? Is this a change from cc 2015.5.0?
      What are the pixel dimensions of the file you are opening?
      Is the non-retina screen your primary or secondary screen?
      What is the pixel dimensions of the non-retina screen?
      Are your documents tabbed or floating?
      A screenshot of your primary and secondary screens when this occurs may help us to reproduce. Post more details on your issue here: http://phtshp.us/report_a_problem

18. Dan says:

Every time I try to update Photoshop to CC 2015.5.1. I get the error message “We are unable to write the registry value. Please check permissions. (Error Code: 160)”

19. SDDE-IT says:

We use AUSST 3.0 for update deployment. I started an incremental sync, but the udpate doesn’t appear. Any idea why?

20. Michael Wright says:

Today I received some icc profiles back from my paper supplier after printing off profiler test charts and sending them to the paper supplier. The profiles were emailed to me with the following information at the top of the email:

“Lightroom (version 2015.6) or Photoshop CC (version 2015.5) have recently been announced as incompatible with colour management and ICC Profile usage owing to an update mistake by Adobe. Prints using this version will come out with very wrong colours and it cannot be corrected using these versions. The only way to truly fix this is to roll the programs back to a previous version.”

I tried printing using one of the new icc profiles via LR where the softproof image looked perfect and the printed image looked dull as if it were an underexposed image – nothing like the softproofed version. This has never happened before – up until today all prints were fine and icc profiles from the same company used.

It seems there is an issue with the Adobe software and I cannot find any information or discussion about it anywhere. I wonder, Adobe are you reading this?

21. Alex says:

For all MAC Users running Mac OS X SIERRA just wait for the FIX is on the way for PRINTING Problem

22. Debbie Sears says:

My Select and Mask still not working sufficiently / smoothly..what is the answer to get it to work like Julienne Kost shows in her tutorial..https://youtu.be/H5vT0lyKSTg…Driving me nuts!!!

23. Karsten Sand says:

HI
    I Encounter a major problem when working on a Cintiq 27qhd,i suspect it has something to do with Photoshop 2015.5.1,Radial Menu and the Remote that comes with the Cintiq,But not sure

When working i suddenly get a ( Your device battery is low-Please connect the device to you computer and the Precision mode view pops up and after that i need to restart the computer..the whole computer works like it has a “Virus” acts really wierd.

I get the same ( Your device battery is low-Please connect the device to you computer ) under Photoshop 2015.1.2 but i can still keep working without any problems( besides it has a brush lagging)..minor problem consider working with Photoshop 2015.5.1

My Machine is a Imac 27″ Ultimo 2013 – Processor 3,5 GHz intel Core i7 -Mem 32 GB – graphic card Nvidia Geforce GTX 780M 4096Mb OSX El Capitan V 10.11.6

24. Elena says:

I can’t Open As – Camera RAW – file .jpg. Programm answer: Module can’t interprite file.
    Photoshop 2015.1.2 (Camera RAW 9.6) have no this mistake