I’ve assembled some Q & A around to Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6 below. If you don’t see your question answered below, let me know in the comments section and I will try and answer.
- Will the prior version of Lightroom be uninstalled?
- Where can I find training materials for Lightroom?
- What features are GPU accelerated in Lightroom and Camera Raw? What are the hardware/software requirements?
- Why am I not seeing the Lightroom CC upgrade/download in the Creative Cloud application?
- Are Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC the same thing?
- Where can I find the Lightroom 6 trial?
- Is Lightroom still available as boxed software?
- I just purchased Lightroom 5. Do I qualify for a free upgrade?
- What user reported issues have been fixed in Lightroom CC and Camera Raw 9?
No, your prior version will not be uninstalled. Lightroom CC will be installed side by side. You may uninstall the prior version one you’re comfortable in the new version of Lightroom.
Where can I find training materials for Lightroom?
Learning resources can be found on the Lightroom product pages, on Adobe TV, and on the Lightroom YouTube channel. See this blog post for a complete list of free learning resources from Adobe.
What features are GPU accelerated in Lightroom and Camera Raw? What are the hardware/software requirements?
Lightroom CC won’t be shown in the Creative Cloud desktop application if your system doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements. It’s likely you are on a system with Mac OS 10.7 or earlier, or a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or 8. If you system meets the minimum requirements, try signing out and back into the Creative Cloud application and see if the Apps panel updates.
Are Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC the same thing?
The trial can be downloaded here. All trials are branded Lightroom CC. If you purchase a perpetual license version, you can license the trial to convert it to Lightroom 6.
Is Lightroom 6 still available as boxed software?
Adobe does not sell boxed products from Adobe.com. You can find boxed copies at 3rd party retailers. You can purchase a perpetual download version of Lightroom 6 on Adobe.com here. Note, the perpetual license doesn’t provide access to Lightroom mobile or Lightroom web.
I just purchased Lightroom 5. Do I qualify for a free upgrade?
See this document to see if you qualify: Do I qualify for a free upgrade?
What user reported issues have been fixed in Lightroom CC and Camera Raw 9?
- Canon 70D – Highlight recovery shifts toward magenta
- Facebook Page albums aren’t available in the publishing mananger setup
- Pressing Delete while spot removing hides all other spots (Win only)
- catalog:createVirtualCopies(…) does not create the proper number of virtual copies when multiple photos are selected in library loupe or develop
- Banding issue with Nikon DF camera matching profiles
- When you drag to reorder images in the grid, the image you’re moving sometimes ends up in the wrong location on Mac
- Next/previous slide buttons should be dimmed during preview playback
- In certain cases, a corrupt preview cache will put the app in an endless restart loop
- Intermediate step displayed when switching between crop and uncropped states
- When photos are missing, but smart previews are present, user should be able to email photos
- When creating a Smart Collection with the Criteria Cropped=True. Videos show up in the collection in spite of not being cropped
- Movement of a folder into a subfolder can fail if names are similar
- Issue with logging into Lightroom mobile in some instances
- Having a very large number of Develop presets causes Lightroom to perform poorly
- Issue with keyboard input for Polish letter ą
- Specific book template won’t allow spine text
- The color profile of the photo is incorrect when playing slideshow in full screen mode
- Internal error when you sync develop settings with an offline video selected
- Aspect Ratio menu is inconsistent when rotating a crop
- Lightroom fails to read some xmp sidecars
- Export Manual Slideshow to PDF, playback is not manual
- Attempting to drag Lr icon in Dock while Lr is in Full Screen locks machine (Mac only)
- Photos are placed in different order if choosing different page template when using auto-layout
- Tracking the spurious need to republish random photos
- Info overlay shows in full screen mode when activated from loupe view (Win only)
- Smart collection with criteria “Collection” does not find expected results
- Tiling appears when painting (Retina Only)
- Need to select “Mark as Up-to-Date” twice before a photo is returned to the Published Photos part of the grid
- Slideshow: arrow keys always advance through filmstrip, even if a field has focus (Mac only)
- Moving mouse from Grid to Folders area sometimes Leaves Mouse Pointer as Double Arrow
- Moving photos between folders in Library can sometimes fail. (Win only)
- Keyword search fails on some multi-word keywords