Introducing Project Rush: a new way to create and share online videos
We’re so excited to give you a sneak preview of a brand-new product in the Adobe video family: Project Rush! If you haven’t heard about it yet, Project Rush is the first all-in-one, cross-device video editing app that makes creating and sharing online content easier than ever. Now that the secret’s out, the team wants to give you the skinny on why we built Rush and let you in on a few details about what makes the product unique.
We’ve learned so much from talking with online video creators over the past few years, and witnessing how you’re changing the game with video has been such an inspiration. We’ve laughed with you, celebrated your engagements, and watched in awe as you trekked through the mountains of Rwanda to meet baby gorillas. Here are some of the things we heard from you along the way:
- You’re busy. You’re creating content for multiple social channels weekly, if not daily — and you have a life. You’re not just creators — you’re business people, adventurers, students, and so much more — and you’re often on-the-go with only your phone in tow (and maybe some friends and family, too).
- You’re real. The videos you share reflect the journey that you’re on, even the less-than-picture-perfect moments, and you need video creation tools that help you showcase your individual, authentic personal brand.
- It’s not just about editing. It’s about your story and the connection you’re building with your community. It’s about sharing the things you’ve learned, expressing your ideas, and learning from others. Great looking and sounding content are still super important — but it’s so much bigger than that.
- You’re using many tools. From shooting to titles, to editing, to thumbnails, there isn’t just one tool that helps you accomplish everything you want to achieve, and switching between them all is such a process.
- And most importantly — each one of you is so unique that even coming up with this short list was tough.
We’ve been listening to the way you work today and the concerns you have with your current video creation process – and we’ve been striving to build a tool that meets all of your needs and doesn’t get in the way of your creativity. Here are some of the things Project Rush does to help you create great online videos quickly:
Empowers you to work anywhere.
We’ve heard that you’re capturing with your phone and doing some editing there. But, you like to work on your laptop sometimes too, and it’s tough to find one tool that works across your devices. Project Rush is available on mobile and desktop, and your work automatically syncs to the cloud, so you can start on your phone or tablet and seamlessly move to your laptop for further editing. Rush has all the same features on mobile and desktop, allowing you to work wherever you want without losing creative flexibility.
Helps you work “all-in-one”.
Make your videos look and sound great.
Adobe has a long history of creating products for professional video editors, and we’ve taken everything we’ve learned and reimagined it in Rush. This includes colour correction that’s powered by Premiere Pro, like filters and more advanced colour editing, so you can easily get the exact look you’re after. We also know how quickly bad sound can mess up even the most perfect video — but working with audio can be a challenge. Rush leverages Audition to auto-detect the audio in your videos, so you can duck with one click, and offers easy ways to improve sound quality and reduce background noise.
Gives you (tons) of flexibility with titles.
We hear you on those tired, old, inflexible title templates. Adobe Stock is integrated right into Rush, where you’ll have access to a constant stream of new, free Motion Graphics templates. All of the Motion Graphics templates in Rush were designed and animated especially for creators by Premiere Pro and After Effects artists — and you can customize them to your heart’s desire.
Keeps the focus on social.
Every social platform is important, and they all have unique considerations. Publishing the same video to multiple platforms often means making a unique version for each one, and that takes a lot of time. As we continue to build Rush, we’re focused on making it easier to create versions of your videos that are optimized for the different social platforms that you’re publishing to today.
We hope after reading this post that you’re as excited about Project Rush as we are! The team has had a ton of fun developing Rush so far, and we know that the journey is just beginning. Apply for the beta, try out Rush, and share your feedback. We couldn’t build Rush without you, and we’re really looking forward to hearing what you think.