Adobe Muse CC has come a long way in a short amount of time. Introduced just two years ago, it’s now a native app and a powerful member of Creative Cloud. Check out the features that became available to Creative Cloud members on June 18.
Many graphic designers have the opportunity to design for the web, but they may not have had the time or the desire to learn how to code. Adobe Muse CC enables designers to create sites using rich imagery, engaging interactivity (slideshows and scroll effects), and hundreds of web fonts served by Adobe Typekit. Adobe Muse CC also makes short work of creating mobile versions of websites, collecting customer data using contact forms, and connecting sites to social media like Facebook and Twitter. Sites published with Adobe Muse also meet the latest web standards—they load quickly, function across platforms and popular web browsers, and are search engine optimized.
- Adobe Muse is now a native app, like Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and InDesign CC, and requires 64-bit hardware, Windows 7+ or Mac OS 10.7+ to access the latest update. Hear from Adobe Muse partner Steve Harris of Muse-Themes about what the native build means for you.
- Adobe Muse now supports serial number installs, and no longer requires an Adobe ID or named user, ideal for Enterprise and Education deployments.
- Creative Cloud Add-ons mean getting a jumpstart on site designs with downloadable starter files, new widgets, and pre-designed elements—buttons and menus—directly from the Library panel. Get started.
- For the 2014 release of Creative Cloud, Adobe Muse was rebuilt to provide a design experience even more similar to that of InDesign and Illustrator; it takes advantage of the latest web browser updates, operating system updates such as Mavericks OS X, plus new hardware like high-resolution Retina displays.
- Adobe Muse will now deliver premium learning content in-app from Adobe and some of the world’s best trainers, with fresh tutorials delivered regularly.
- The Adobe Muse CC workspace can be customized with a dark or light interface, undocked panels, side-by-side windows and more. Learn how.
- Say goodbye to spending time updating live websites. In-browser Editing now works with multiple hosting providers. Get the details.
Get the details about what’s new in this release.
Already a Creative Cloud member? This update is available now.
Not a Creative Cloud member yet? Don’t miss out; download the free 30-day Muse CC trial.