Today we released an update to Adobe Muse, the software that enables designers to create HTML websites that meet the latest Web standards, without worrying about the code.
This update is available to all Creative Cloud members, and delivers some of the top-requested productivity features requested by Adobe Muse users. It adds new functionality that is familiar to designers who use InDesign, including:
- Hierarchical Master pages – Apply Master pages to other Master Pages, as well as control the positioning of Master page elements such as headers, footers, logos, and navigation on individual pages.
- Spelling checker – Use the new Check Spelling command to confirm words are spelled correctly throughout your websites.
- Widget updates – Updates to all widgets, including the slideshow, composition, and accordion widgets, allow more control over widget behaviors.
- Site preview enhancements – View portrait and landscape orientations of tablet and smartphone versions of your websites in Preview mode.
- Site export improvements – Easily manage updates to larger, more complex sites by publishing to a specific host sub-directory for sites hosted with the Adobe Business Catalyst service or with a third-party hosting provider.
- Code quality and performance updates – Ongoing code updates ensure your websites load quickly, are optimized for search engines like Google, and will work across multiple browsers.
To get the update, simply launch the Muse application and follow the on screen prompts. Or, open the Adobe Application Manager and select the “updates” panel to find a link to the latest version.