Today we’re pleased to announce the availability of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5. Creative Cloud members can immediately download this latest version of Lightroom. The release adds new photo editing capabilities and workflow solutions for both photography enthusiasts and professionals.
Here are some of the highlights of what’s new in Lightroom 5:
- The Advanced Healing Brush enables you to fix irregularly shaped imperfections such as dust spots, splotches, and other distractions with the precision and flexibility of a fine brush.
- The Upright tool analyzes each image to automatically straighten objects such as buildings and level horizons.
- Radial Gradients offer you the control to make photo subjects stand out by applying off-center and multiple vignettes in a single image.
- In the book module, you can now edit the easy-to-use book templates and add page numbers to create a customized look for your beautiful photo books.
- Smart Previews, new in Lightroom 5, enable you to make edits to your images offline, without bringing the entire library of original files with you. Edits and metadata changes to Smart Preview files are automatically applied to the original images when they are reconnected.
- With video slideshows you can combine still images, video clips and music in a creative HD slideshow that can be viewed on almost any device.
- Extended sharing and publishing capabilities, including the ability to publish photos directly to your work in progress on Behance.