You’ve hit a brick wall. It’s difficult to concentrate. Social media sites and emails are suddenly demanding your attention. The ideas just aren’t coming today. Has this happened to you?
It’s difficult to get into the creative process when you can’t focus and feel surrounded by distractions. Luckily, Behance’s 99u blog broke down seven ways to boost your creativity to help you get in the zone.
Here’s a few of our favorites:
Separate work from consumption
Instead of gathering information while completing a project, keep these tasks separate to focus on the creative process in its own step. Absorb all of the information first, and then create.
Putting limits on a project can prove to be beneficial to your creativity. Instead of attacking a task like you normally would, consider adding a time limit or size limit to encourage you think about it in a different way.
Influencing your mood in a positive way can actually have an impact on your ability to think outside of the box. Quick exercise or recalling good memories might help you find your positive place.
Be sure to check out the full list at 99u.
What quick tips do you use to boost your creativity?
Follow Us on Twitter
Upcoming Create Now World Tour Events
Upcoming Ask a Pro Sessions
Previous Ask a Pro Sessions
- Leonie Rafter on Behance Creative Spotlight: Steve Simpson
- Nano Kanpro on Tools For the New Creative
- Chris Dickman on Tools For the New Creative
- Serendip7 on Tools For the New Creative
- Adobe Creative Cloud hits 1 million subscribers, Projects Mighty and Napoleon available in 2014 | tekifeed.com – Gadget Feeds, Gadget News and more! on Tools For the New Creative