Results tagged “No App Is an Island”
While you may have one favorite Adobe app, I’ll bet you’ve also used them together in combinations: for example, placing a layered Photoshop file in InDesign to take advantage of the flexible Layer Comps feature.
Adobe’s “No App Is an Island” contest challenged participants to describe your own multiple-product workflows. We recently chose the winners, and they’re a great cross-section of how today’s creatives make the most of our software.
For example, Theo Lipfert, an award-winning filmmaker and associate Professor in the School of Film and Photography at Montana State University, demonstrated how he combines Illustrator and After Effects to create animations that can range from simple to sophisticated:
For his video tutorial, Professor Lipfert goes home with the Grand Prize: a year’s subscription to the Creative Cloud.
Another winning how-to, by Howard Pinsky, used Lightroom and Photoshop to create a high-dynamic range photo with rich detail in the shadows and highlights:
The remaining winners are Jason Anderson (“Complete Map-Making Workflow”), Sara Frances (“Photo Effects and Filters”), Mike Gentilini (“Customizable Twitter and Facebook Logo Videos”), Kirk Nelson (“Create Cool Pie Charts”), and Kelly Vaughn (“Acrobat Highlighters that Don’t Require Recognizable Text”). Theo Lipfert was also recognized for two other entries: “Using Lightroom as a CinemaDNG importer for After Effects” and “CinemaDNG Round Tripping Between After Effects and Premiere Pro”.
In the coming year, look for all of the tutorials to appear in several places across Adobe. But in the meantime, anyone interested in cross-product how-to’s should download issue 2 of Adobe SWAPP, a free iPad publication. Every article in issue 2 (created by such experts as Von Glitschka, Ben Willmore, and David Blatner) is a multi-product goldmine.
Thank you to all the contest participants, and a big congratulations to the winners!
Upcoming Ask a Pro Session
Title: New Ways to Work with Creative Cloud
Date: Friday, May 17, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM US/Pacific
Follow Us on Twitter
- 流氓会武术 | 科技推 on New MacBook Pro Retina Display Support
- The Black Keys – MAX 2013 Poster on Adobe MAX Attendees: Are You The Biggest Fan of The Black Keys?
- Adobe MAX Speaker Stephen Gates of Starwood Hotels Talks … | Vacation Guide Site on Adobe MAX Speaker Stephen Gates of Starwood Hotels Talks Adobe Edge Inspect
- Q&A with Adobe MAX Speaker Aaron Draplin – Part II | Creative Layer on Adobe MAX Speaker Aaron Draplin: Twitter Chat and Q&A Part I
- Adobe MAX la Conferencia de la Creatividad on 24-Hour Creative Session: Adobe MAX Logo