Extensions not installing in Mac OS 10.7

All,

recently we run into a bug in Extension Manager CS5 and CS5.5 that prevented extensions from being installed on Mac OS 10.7. The problem had to do with accessing the system root keychain on MacOS. While we are working on making an update to Extension Manager available in the next 2 weeks through Adobe Update Manager (AUM), we are making a fix available today to developers and end users. Attached are two zip files that contain the fix and instructions on how to apply it:
exman50.zip – applies for Extension Manager 5.0 users
exman55.zip – applies for Extension Manager 5.5 users

Note 1: Applying the manual fix is not necessary. You could still wait until the update through AUM is available.
Note 2: The fix we make available is different than the one that will be available through AUM.
Note 3: No update is necessary for CS Extension Builder or the CS SDK.

You can also find the entire thread on the Adobe Forums here.

Thank you for your patience. For any questions, please reply directly to the thread above.

gabriel tavridis
product manager
@gtavridis

20 Responses to Extensions not installing in Mac OS 10.7

1. Pingback: Adobe CS5 e CS5.5 com problemas no Mac OS X Lion

2. Pingback: Publishing with Silicon » Watch Out for Mac OS Lion 10.7.2 – It Isn’t Ready

3. Pingback: Adobe Extension Manager and Lion issue | Davide Barranca

4. Pingback: Problemi con Adobe Extension Manager ed OSX Lion | Davide Barranca

5. MSc says:

Unfortunately it was after the update through the Adobe Updater not possible to load the appropriate extensions to the system. The Photoshop Extension Manager reported again and again “The extension has no valid signature and the installation is aborted.” I have tried the Fotolia.zxp.

• gabe says:

the update to Extension Manager that fixes this issue is not currently available. The only way to address this issue on Lion is so far is to use the zip files mentioned in the blogpost.

gabriel

6. Mona Howell says:

I can’t find an Adobe Update Manager anywhere on my computer. Where is this located? I’ve done every search I could think of.

• gabe says:

Mona,
      as i mentioned in my reply above the update to Extension Manager (through Adobe Updater) is not yet available. Still you can access the Updater from Help > Updates in any Creative Suite application.

7. Joan says:

I can’t seem to find the update in my Adobe Updates. Sorry for my English nothing is installed. No extensions are installed with Invalid Signature message!!!! Please help. Adobe is broken on my computer?

8. Pingback: Extensions not installing in Mac OS 10.7 – Patch posted « Creative Suite SDK Team

9. Pingback: Extensions not installing in Mac OS 10.7 – Patch posted | Hire Flash Developers

10. kimi says:

The update for Extension Manager is released:

I hope this will fix the problem :-)
    K

11. Stanley says:

Unfortunately, the update doesn’t fix anything. For me it’s made things worse. I don’t understand how a company as large as Adobe can let an issue like this continue to go on.
    This has been going on since October and it’s now February! Just fix it already.

12. Victor Orly says:

I’m actually trying to figure out why the menu bar icon for AUM is missing on workstations after upgrading from 10.6.8 to Lion.

In the past, the AUM / Extension Manager icon was there, with a number indicating how many updates were available on our local AUM server.

Thanks

Victor

13. Pingback: Extension does not contain valid signature | free icons download

14. laura says:

Hi i have a problem installing an extensions ‘NKS5′ for phothoshop, it appears this dialogue,
    ” the extension ‘NKS5′ does not contain valid signature. the extension will not be installed” and i don’t know what can I do?
    Thanks

• ferman says:

Hi Laura

Based on your description above it sounds like the product has either not been signed or there is a problem with the certificate used for signing by the developer. The certificate makes the product unique and provides assurance that it came from the developer themselves. I suggest you speak to the developer to get this resolved.

15. jazmin says:

I have the same problem but I’m using Adobe CS5 on Windows7. I’m the administrator on my PC and it still prompting me this message: “You do not have the appropriate permissions required to perform this operation. Contact your system administrator to obtain permission.”

A colleague of mine said there’s a bug on Adobe Extension Manager, and I need a patch for this. Where can I download this patch to fix it? Please help. Thank you.