The MakeSideHeads example (download link below) shows how to create a fully functional InDesign CS5 panel using the Creative Suite Extension Builder and the CSAW and host adapter libraries for InDesign.
This extension demonstrates:
- How to use CSXS events and event listeners.
- How to use the host adapter library for InDesign to monitor and respond to application-specific events (i.e., events that are outside of the standard CXSX events)
- How to work with InDesign’s find text preferences from ActionScript
- Reading and writing CSXS preferences
- How to display a modal dialog box from a CS Extension
- A number of InDesign scripting tricks
Download a Zip archive containing the project here:
Update: This project is now available via Import>Adobe Creative Suite Extension Builder>Remote Creative Suite SDK examples.