Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 update—Updated Regarding Windows Issues

Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 update

_________________________________________
Updated Note 12/20/2010:

The Photoshop team has discovered a couple of issues that affect Windows users who installed the 12.0.2 update that was released on December 6th, 2010.

1. Tooltips no longer display on Windows XP
2. Photoshop reports that a .dll file is missing on start up or when accessing TWAIN/scanner device on Windows Oses

The 12.0.3 update is now available: http://blogs.adobe.com/csupdates/2010/12/20/adobe-photoshop-cs5-12-0-3-update-for-windows/
_________________________________________

Macintosh Link:
Size: 14.7 MB

Description: The Adobe Photoshop 12.0.2 update fixes a number of high priority bugs including painting performance and type-related issues. The most significant fixes in the Photoshop 12.0.2 update include the following:

• A number of potential security vulnerabilities have been addressed
• Top type and font crashers found in the field have been addressed
• A number of performance issues have been addressed
• Crash opening 3D layers has been addressed
• Color Engine crash has been resolved
• Intermittent file format issues addressed
• Shift scrolling bug fixed
• Sharpen crasher fixed
• Marching ants not seen at certain zoom levels fixed
• Metadata focus distance issue addressed
• File info bug addressed for Orphea Studio jpg’s
• TWAIN crashers fixed
• Brush cursor bug fixed
• Histogram progress bar issue fixed
• Droplet issues addressed

Note: Applies to all languages EXCEPT Middle Eastern, North African and Greek.

John Nack’s blog entry on this update:

Release Date: 12/06/10

7 Responses to Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.0.2 update—Updated Regarding Windows Issues

1. spotht says:

I hope it fixes the crashes I have been receiving while browsing flash content.

2. Gary Behrens says:

The download has caused the following problems:

1. Tooltips do not display correctly or not at all.
    2. My Nikon scanner plugin does not fucation.
    3. Error mesage on startup “… DRAGNRL1 Not Found…” Probably related to scanner.

I there a fix?

• Jody Rodgers says:

Are you on XP? If so, please see updated text at top of blog post.

Jody Rodgers | Product Manager| Enterprise & Volume | Creative Suite

3. Mike Fields says:

That patch does NOT fix the problem with the tooltips. XP, SP3, now the tooltips have “some” text visible, but it is at about a 45 degree angle in the box and only partially readable. In addition, these latest updates seem to have hosed the Bridge as well – the main preview window has nothing but junk in it although the thumbnails along the bottom are OK.

4. Charles Earl says:

This patch also hosed my text tool in 64bit mode. I draw a box and…….. no cursor, nada, just the box text input doesn’t work. In 32bit mode everything is fine. Version 12.0.1 worked fine.

5. Don Jassowski says:

I am surprised that there is no fix yet for the error “This application has failed to start because DLBCGF.dll was not found.” This error occurred after updating CS5 on Dec 7, 2010, when I tried to print from PS, in WXP3. I installed a further update to CS5 yesterday 12/17/10 [which had no explanation of its purpose]; I still have the error.

• Don Jassowski says:

January 15, 2011–I find no information from Adobe which addresses my 12-18-10 issue. I have installed all available updates, and re-installed CS-5: the same message appears when I try to print, CS5 hangs, and I must shut it down with Windows Task Manager. This makes CS5 worthless to me (actually less than worthless because of the time I have spent in the last moth trying to determine if Adobe has come up with a fix). I have received no responses to my post of nearly a month ago. Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions as to how to fix it? Since it occurred in the midst of a session using CS5, which worked before the update, but not after, I strongly suspect the update.
      CS2 works fine.