Sep 17, 2010
Enterprise in-house update hosting for CS5
In the past, some of our enterprise customers had expressed the need and desire for an easy way for them to host Adobe updates internally and let their client machines point to the in-house update server rather than Adobe Update server. With the release of Adobe Updater Server Setup Tool (AUSST), you would be able to setup and manage your own update server.
Adobe Updater Server Setup Tool is a platform specific command line tool, which can be run on Windows and Macintosh to help sync updates from Adobe Update server. You can use any HTTP server (such as Apache) to host these updates. Using AUSST, you can:
1) Sync updates from Adobe update server to a clean machine.
2) Update the already download updates using incremental download.
3) Migrate from one in-house update server to another in-house update server.
4) Generate AdobeUpdater.Overrides, to allow client machines running Adobe Application Manager point to new in-house update server.
After you have setup the in-house Update server, you can re-direct your Adobe Application manager running on client machines point to this new in-house update server. For this, you would need to place AdobeUpdater.Overrides at following platform specific location on the client machines in your network
• In Windows XP – \Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\AdobeUpdater.Overrides
• In Windows 7/Vista – \ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\AdobeUpdater.Overrides
• In Mac OS X – /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/AdobeUpdater.Overrides
There is also an option provided in Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition (AAMEE) 1.1 to help you configure your client machines for this redirection, which will place AdobeUpdater.Overrides in the above platform specific locations on your client machines.
You can download the Mac and Windows versions along with the documentation here:
-Manju Bansal, Ravi Prakash Singh
Adobe Updater Team