Did you remember to set your segments to the latest data?
Did you calculate that engagement rate using the right formula?
Did you publish the changes to your client’s website?
As a group, digital marketers doubt their skills, effectiveness and ability to measure impact. We found this out after surveying 1,000 marketers in the US, asking them about themselves, their performance, and that of their companies. Their answers gave us some interesting insights into what life is like as a marketer in 2013.
Below are a few insights from the survey:
- Most digital marketers don’t have formal training: 82% of them learn on the job
- 76% of marketers believe the industry has changed more in the last 2 years than the past 50 years
- Only 9% agreed with the statement “I know our digital marketing is working”
- The top concern for marketers is reaching their customers
- 61% think that, for most companies, digital marketing approaches are a constant cycle of trial and error
We want to know: what keeps European digital marketers up at night? Tell us in the comments or tweet us @AdobeMktgCloud with #DigitalDistress – we might include your answers in a future blog.
If you want to see what else the marketers said, you can view the report here: