The Adobe Digital Marketing Maturity Assessment Twitter Sweepstakes
(A Random Drawing Sweepstakes)
2014 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER) AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The Sweepstakes Description and Sponsor: The Adobe Digital Marketing Maturity Assessment Twitter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored solely by Adobe Systems Incorporated, its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Sponsor” or “Adobe”) from Adobe’s offices in the United States. By participating in the Sweepstakes you agree to be bound by the laws of the state of California and these Sweepstakes official rules (“Official Rules”).
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By entering, you understand you are providing your Sweepstakes-related information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter. Personal data you provide to Sponsor will be used as provided in Section 13of these Official Rules.
- Who is Eligible To Participate: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction), with prior access to the Internet as of March 7, 2014 and who have not and will not purchase any software or special equipment for the purposes of entering this Sweepstakes (hereinafter, the “Entrant” or “Entrants”).
Employees and independent contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor, Twitter and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, advertising, promotion, publicity and fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, successors and assigns and/or any other entity or person involved with the production, design, execution, administration or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”), as well as the immediate family members (i.e., parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses, regardless where they reside) and persons living in the same household of such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, territorial, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 a.m. “Pacific Standard Time (PST) on March 3, 2014], and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on March 17, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and is followed by random prize drawings as set forth in the table below:
|Starts at 12:00 a.m. PST on:||Ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on:||Drawing occurs on or about:|
|March 3, 2014||March 17, 2014||March 18, 2014|
EACH ENTRANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ADJUSTING THE TIMING OF THE ENTRY DEADLINES BASED ON HIS/HER LOCATION. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How To Enter; Entry Limits:
- To Enter By Tweeting, send a tweet describing the Digital Marketing Maturity Assessment accompanied with the hashtag as follows: #AdobeSummit anytime during the Sweepstakes Period. Once you send an original tweet as directed containing the Sweepstakes hashtag and following the instructions above (eligible “Entry)”) you will be automatically entered one (1) time in to the Sweepstakes random drawing. By sending an original tweet as directed in connection with the Sweepstakes you consent to be automatically entered into this Sweepstakes and to possibly have your tweet Retweeted. If you do not have a Twitter account you can create one for FREE. All terms and conditions of twitter.com apply.
Limit on Entries: You may enter only once during the Sweepstakes Period and you are only eligible to win one prize in this Sweepstakes. Completed Entries must be entered electronically during the Sweepstakes Period and received by 11:59 p.m. PST on March 17, 2014 to be considered eligible for prizes in this Sweepstakes. No other methods of Entry will be accepted. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor cannot guarantee that all persons attempting to enter will be able to participate.
- Drawings; Winner Selection: On or about March 18, 2014, two (2) potential winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible Entries received.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by a direct message from @AdobeMktgCloud through his/her twitter.com account profile used [LMR1] at the time of entry and may additionally be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and, except where prohibited, liability/publicity release (for residents of Canada, a Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and Publicity), in the form provided by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a winner is eighteen (18) years of age as required, but deemed a minor in his or her location of residence, then the prize will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for signing any necessary affidavits and releases. It is each entrant’s responsibility to monitor his/her Twitter account message inbox for Sweepstakes-related notifications. If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, he or she will be required to answer a timed, skill-based question in order to claim prize(s).
In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond or does not respond timely with all required information, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or fails to claim the prize as directed, within the time allotted after attempted notification, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and/or disqualified for any reason, the prize at issue may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. An Entrant is not a winner, even if a prize notification is received, unless and until the Entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning entry has been verified and the Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Potential winners must continue to comply with all term and conditions of these Official Rules.
- Prize(s): Two (2) total prize(s) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes as follows:
Prize: Each winner will each receive one (1) Adobe Digital Marketing Summit pass for the 2014 conference; Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $1895 USD ea.
Odds of winning a prize in this Sweepstakes will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
All prize details, including type, color size, etc are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. It is each Entrant’s responsibility to judge his/her ability to make use of any prize before entering any Prize Drawing. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes may not be substituted, assigned or transferred, or sold, however, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of approximately equal or greater value. All prices stated are in United States Dollars and represent the maximum retail price or, in the absence of a maximum retail price, the prevailing market price to the best of the Sponsor’s knowledge. Differences in stated price and actual prize value(s) (including differences in any stated price and the price a winner would have had to pay for such product in any jurisdiction) will not be awarded. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, territorial, provincial, municipal and local taxes, any costs associated with currency exchange, or any other costs and expenses associated with prize receipt, acceptance and/or use not specified herein as being provided. Use of any prizes comprised of gift cards, software, online services and/or online service subscription is subject to any terms and/or conditions that accompany or are specified thereon as issued by the gift card, product or service provider. Only the advertised number of prizes and those claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a shipping address and proof of residency to claim prize. Mode(s) of delivery are at Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor will arrange for prizes to be delivered to winners, however, regardless of mode of delivery, property and risk in and to the prize will pass to the respective winner(s) upon delivery to winner(s) or upon shipment or delivery of prizes by Sponsor to carrier for mailing to winners, and Sponsor will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the prizes after that time. Allow 4–8 weeks for delivery of prize by shipping method(s).
- Sponsor’s Right to use Participant’s Entries, Name and Likeness: By participating and/or by claiming a prize in this Sweepstakes each Entrant and winner (collectively, “Participants”) hereby grants to Sponsor and its agents, a, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable right and fully-paid up, fully-sublicensable license, under any and all such rights, to use and publicly display his/her Entry(ies) together with his or her place of residence and (except if winner is a resident of Tennessee or otherwise where prohibited by law) his or her name, voice and/or likeness (collectively, his/her “Persona”), in any media format or medium (whether now or hereafter known) and through any media channels, including on and through the Sweepstakes Site and/or Twitter account, and other websites and Sponsor-branded social media web pages owned and/or controlled by Sponsor, in and in connection with publicity and advertising for Sponsor, its products and/or services or this Sweepstakes, without any further attribution, notification, or compensation to the winner, his/her successors or assigns, or any other person or entity. Participation in this Sweepstakes creates no obligation (express or implied) on the part of Sponsor to use, commercialize or otherwise exploit any Participant’s Entry or Persona and no Participant shall be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of his/her Entry or Persona.
- General Conditions; Sponsor’s Right to Cancel, Terminate or Modify the Sweepstakes, Disqualify Entrants or Eliminate or Void Entries: Proof of submission of an Entry is not proof of delivery or receipt of such Entry by Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or otherwise intended to subvert or circumvent the entry process or any stated entry limits are void. Use of a false email account will disqualify an Entry. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, or the identity of a Participant, the Entry at issue will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder and natural person assigned by an Internet access provider to the email addressed associated with the Entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. Participants may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or void any Entry, and/or to disqualify any Entrant who (whether in fact or by attempt) subverts, circumvents, or tampers with the entry process or the lawful operation of the Sweepstakes, or who it finds to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or in a manner otherwise in violation of these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes, or any portion, if in its sole opinion, it has been compromised, corrupted, or cannot be completed as planned due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor’s control, including without limitation, an insufficient volume of participation or eligible Entries, and/or to select potential winner(s) from among eligible, non-suspect Entries received on or before the termination date. While Sponsor may take action against fraudulent activities of which it becomes aware, Sponsor assumes no responsibility or obligation to proactively police Participants’ activities, or to investigate any or all claims of fraudulent activity. Sponsor failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release of Claims; Limitations of Liability; Warranty and Indemnity: The Released Parties (defined in Section 2) do not guarantee the processing of any Entry or the functioning of the Sweepstakes Site and/or Twitter account. The Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for: (i) any loss (including loss of opportunity), injury, damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense, or claim arising from or in relation to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or (ii) the authorized or unauthorized or fraudulent actions of Participants or other third parties, or (iii) events requiring a cancellation or postponement of the Sweepstakes, or (iv) for Entries that are lost, late, intercepted, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, illegible, garbled, damaged, misdirected or not otherwise received by Sponsor, or (v) for difficulties or impediments of any kind, whether human, electrical or technical in nature, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, its administration, the processing of Entries or the announcement of prizes or winners.
Participants assume sole liability and accept all risk of loss for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, shipping and handling, receipt, possession, loss, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes each Participant agrees to the maximum extent allowable under applicable law, to indemnify and keep indemnified, to defend, release and hold the Released Parties at all times harmless from and against any liability, personal injury, death, damages, losses, claims, demands, causes of action, suits or proceedings, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from, accruing out of, or in any way connected with his/her participation in the Sweepstakes, or for the shipping and handling, receipt, possession, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded.
- Governing Law; Venue; Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor and Participants hereunder, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, and all claims must be resolved in the appropriate State Court located in Santa Clara County, California.
No Opt-In Consent to Future Marketing Required: At the time of entry, or other times during the Sweepstakes Period, Participants may be presented the option to consent (“Opt-In”) to future communications from Sponsor, however, Participants are free to decline this option. Opt-In consent to future communications from Sponsor is not required to participate in the Sweepstakes and will not increase or improve one’s opportunity to win.
- Winners’ List: Following conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, after all winners have been determined and verified, a winners’ list will be available at http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/digital-marketing/assessment-contest/ for at least two (2) weeks..
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Adobe Systems Inc., 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110.
© Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.