Here are this week’s links of interest in Retail & Travel from the thought leaders on our retail and travel consulting team:
- Best Buy bets big on stores within stores [Chicago Dispatch]
- Holiday 2013 Spending Preview: Will Millennials Save The Season? [Forbes]
- Is Shopkick’s In-App Purchase Option a Showrooming Weapon? [RetailWire]
- Wish lets members shop the closets of other consumers [Internet Retailer]
- Canada’s Hudson’s Bay To Purchase Saks Fifth Avenue For $2.9 Billion [Forbes]
- Marketers Struggling With Real-Time Personalization [MarketingProfs]
- Retailers Should Think Inside The Box To Cash In On Social Commerce [Forbes]
- Retail stores plan elaborate ways to track you [Fox News]
- Mobile POS Will Surpass $2 Billion in 2013, iPad As Cash Register [Forbes]
- eBay CEO John Donahoe on the Importance of Design [All Things Digital]
- Can Marketing Research Borrow from Behavioral Economics? [RetailWire]
If you’re in the retail or travel industry, are you taking full advantage of the industry & digital marketing experts on our retail & travel consulting team? Most of our consultants have 4+ years of work and/or consulting experience in the retail or travel industries, plus expert knowledge and skill with our Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions and with nurturing, mentoring, and developing mature digital analytics and optimization practices within our clients. We’re eager to engage with you more deeply to help grow and mature your analysis and optimization of your digital marketing and online properties, and to further integrate both the online and offline views of your customers for maximum optimization.
Derek Tangren is a Principal Consultant and Team Lead within Adobe Consulting focused on digital strategy, analytics, and optimization in the retail & travel industry. He serves retail & travel clients with the Adobe Marketing Cloud and has acted as the consulting subject matter lead for Adobe Analytics Standard. You can contact him at @derektangren.