Point of Sale: Retail & Travel Weekly #16
Here’s this week’s roundup of links of interest in Retail & Travel, from the thought leaders on our retail & travel consulting team:
- The FTC expands product labeling requirements for e-retailers [Internet Retailer]
- December Same Store Sales Roundup [Business Insider]
- WAIT: Maybe Holiday Retail Spending Was Actually Really Strong [Business Insider]
- Online Holiday Spending Tops $40 Billion for First Time Ever [Mashable]
- 12 Sneaky Ways That Big Retailers Track Your Every Move [BI Retail]
- Gap Is Betting Millions On A Pricey Celebrity Fashion Boutique [BI Retail]
- Walmart is Mobile Retailer of the Year [Mobile Commerce Daily]
- Amazon’s Monthly Visitors Could Fill 60 Disneyland [Mashable]
- Serial Returners Are Ruining The System For Everyone [BI Retail]
If you’re in the retail or travel industry, are you taking full advantage of the industry & digital marketing experts on our retail & travel consulting team? Most of our consultants have 4+ years of work and/or consulting experience in the retail or travel industries, plus expert knowledge and skill with our Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions and with nurturing, mentoring, and developing mature digital analytics and optimization practices within our clients. We’re eager to engage with you more deeply to help grow and mature your analysis and optimization of your digital marketing and online properties, and to further integrate both the online and offline views of your customers for maximum optimization.
Michael Halbrook is a manager in Adobe Consulting focused on digital strategy, analytics, and optimization in the retail & travel industry. His team serves retail & travel clients with the Adobe Marketing Cloud, helping retailers with online & offline measurement of retail & travel acquisition, optimization, and conversion, and developing & executing on new digital marketing strategies. He tweets at @Halbrook.