Point of Sale: Retail & Travel Weekly #20
Here’s this week’s roundup of links of interest in Retail & Travel, from the thought leaders on our retail & travel consulting team:
- A sunny forecast for e-retail: Web sales this year will increase 9–12% [Internet Retailer]
- Don’t freak out, but conversion is way down [Adobe Blogs]
- The Road to Greatness: The Do’s and Don’ts of Building a Proper Testing Infrastructure [Adobe Blogs]
- How retailers will invest now for Holiday ‘13 [Shop.org Blog]
- Online Retailers Likely to Skip New Credit Card Surcharge [Mashable]
- Pew: More Consumers Use Cellphones to Make Shopping Decisions [Mashable]
- Which Site Seal do People Trust the Most? (2013 Survey Results) [Baymard Institute]
- GILT GROUPE FOUNDER: We’re Still Underestimating The Importance Of Mobile In Online Sales [BI Retail]
- Retail Stores Will Completely Die, Says Tech Investor Marc Andreessen [BI]
- The Mobile Tourist: How Smartphones Are Shaking Up The Travel Market [BI]
If you’re in the retail or travel industry, are you taking full advantage of the industry & digital marketing experts on our retail & travel consulting team? Most of our consultants have 4+ years of work and/or consulting experience in the retail or travel industries, plus expert knowledge and skill with our Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions and with nurturing, mentoring, and developing mature digital analytics and optimization practices within our clients. We’re eager to engage with you more deeply to help grow and mature your analysis and optimization of your digital marketing and online properties, and to further integrate both the online and offline views of your customers for maximum optimization.
Michael Halbrook is a manager in Adobe Consulting focused on digital strategy, analytics, and optimization in the retail & travel industry. His team serves retail & travel clients with the Adobe Marketing Cloud, helping retailers with online & offline measurement of retail & travel acquisition, optimization, and conversion, and developing & executing on new digital marketing strategies. He tweets at @Halbrook.