This week’s article recommendations from our thought leaders in retail and travel include articles on big data and the C-level, the importance of leveraging site search, and the impact of mobile commerce.
- “Big Data Bypasses C-Suite” [Forbes]: The next hurdle for big data is efficiently turning a mass of data into a format that can help inform C-level executive decisions.
- “Why Some Retailers Do Mobile Sites Differently” [InternetRetailer]: HalloweenCostumes.com and Pottery Barn are among retailers who are going against mainstream trends when it comes to the mobile experience.
- “The Biggest Missed Opportunities in Site Search” [MarketingProfs]: Many retailers (6 out of 10) are not leveraging site search to enhance their marketing programs. Find out what they are missing out on.
- “Six Myths About Customer Loyalty Programs” [Forbes]: Does your company leverage a loyalty program? If not, here are six reasons you should reconsider.
- “Macy’s Customers Will Soon Be Able to Buy Online and Pick Up in Stores” [InternetRetailer]: Macy’s will become the latest retailer to offer online purchases with in-store pick up in its pursuit of the omnichannel experience.
- “Walmart, Target, Best Buy—Mobile Matters More to Big US Retailers than to Amazon” [Business Insider]: A new study indicates mobile-only users make up a higher percentage of online shoppers for large retailers than for the big online-only companies like Amazon and eBay.
- “Proper and Improper Use of QR Codes: 10 Great Examples of Each” [MarketingProfs]: Ten examples of poor use of QR codes in retail are followed by 10 examples of good use.
- “PayPal and Samsung Unlock Mobile Payments with a Fingerprint” [InternetRetailer]: The latest version of Samsung’s device is the first to leverage FIDO (fast identity online) standards and integrate with PayPal for easy online payments.