Well, they’re at it again. Working late into the night, our team of stellar developers and quality engineers are diligently pushing out another set of new product versions and improvements to our users. (And I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a shout-out to Jeff Jordan and his team as today marks the birth of the newest OBU product, Adobe SocialAnalytics. Congrats!)
For Adobe SearchCenter+, tonight introduces perhaps the most extensive “maintenance release” we’ve ever pushed live to our customers, and that on the heels of the release of version 4.0 – easily our most significant platform upgrade in the history of the product – just four weeks ago. With tonight’s release we are introducing:
- Queued Requests: Allows users to queue up multiple views/projects at once, facilitating multi-tasking and eliminating wasted time waiting for complex queries.
- First-Page Minimum Bid: Applicable both in bid automation and in our new Formulaic Bid Change feature, users can choose to automatically increase/decrease the bids on their keywords in both Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter accounts to the recommended minimum suggested by each search engine to (likely) attain a first page ranking.
- Ad Platform Report: Displays aggregate data across multiple accounts for a broader view of PPC performance.
- Expanded adCenter Campaign Management Options: Includes device targeting, geo-targeting (with incremental bidding), new budget standards, and Quality Score.
- Enhancements to Key v4.0 Features: Builds upon the success of new UI and application features to further “polish” the v4.0 experience through more powerful filters, greater flexibility with Find & Replace and Formulaic Bid Changes, more detailed change previewing, and much more.
All of that less than a month after we proudly released version 4.0, the new face of the SearchCenter+ platform! I never cease to be amazed at what this extraordinary group of developers can accomplish in such a short period of time.
And in case you haven’t been keeping up with SearchCenter+ development over the past couple of quarters, there’s been a lot going on. For those of you that have been “out of the loop”, let’s recap…
Back in the April we released the industry’s first complete organic search integration into a paid search campaign management and optimization platform. Search marketers no longer need to only manage to part of the search engine results page – now they can leverage traffic and performance data from the non-sponsored side of the equation to help them:
- Highlight and analyze cross-search-channel trends and synergies
- Perform more informed and effective bid management
- Uncover new sources of keyword expansion and refinement opportunities
As part of our organic search integration efforts, we announced a strategic partnership with Conductor, a leader in the SEO technology space, and pushed to market an integration with their Searchlight platform. For our non North American customers, we have also announced a strategic partnership and integration with Searchmetrics, another stellar SEO technology provider that has worked with us to provide enhanced value to SearchCenter users.
During that same time frame, we also introduced the first native integration of internal search terms and performance data into a paid search campaign management and optimization platform – opening a vast world of data to search marketers involving visitor site navigation trends, cross-product merchandising insights, and certainly the most relevant source of keyword suggestions available….anywhere.
We kicked our summer off by pushing live our new Inventory Management tool, the first of its kind to be fully configurable by digital marketers directly in an online user interface. Through this system our users can now have their campaigns automatically adjust to the constant flux of inventory levels that are common to many online businesses, saving them both management time and wasted advertising spend.
But the highlight of the year (at least for me – I hope you’ll agree!) was our release of the next generation of the SearchCenter+ platform, version 4.0. Being chalked full of so many new features and enhancements to the user workflow and experience, it simply wouldn’t do it justice to try to list them all here in a single post. For those of you who have had this new version in your hands for the past several weeks, we’d love to hear how your experience has been thus far and which of the array of new features you’ve found most useful. And for those of you who haven’t had the pleasure…
I’m extending an invitation to everyone in the Omniture “family” to come take a look at SearchCenter+ version 4.0. If you’ve never had a chance to experience the product, you’re in for a treat, and you’ll see very quickly the power of a digital marketing management and optimization tool not superficially “integrated” with select data points coming out of an analytics platform, but rather one very literally built directly upon the foundation of SiteCatalyst and the rest of the industry-leading Adobe Online Marketing Suite, with all the rich data, insights, and actionability that come from that unified Suite platform.
And for those of you that have worked with SearchCenter+ in the past and have since moved on, I invite you to come and take another look. After years of investment and enhancement and truly listening to what our customers need and want the most (including some enhancements that have even SiteCatalyst green with envy), this isn’t like anything you’ve seen from us before. So I invite you: “Come see SearchCenter+ again, for the first time.”