Our digital marketing campaign has been in the market for over a month.  Let’s dive deeper into the Adobe Marketing Cloud web site experience and get an update on our social marketing.

Learning #1:

Brand-focused paid media drives significant traffic to our web site, but at a lower engagement rates then other traffic sources.

In our initial results we reported that web traffic had grown significantly.  This has continued with over half being driven by paid media.

The key metrics for our web site include engagement patterns to bounce rates to inquiries.

Using insights from Adobe Analytics the current site was designed to effectively deliver our main Adobe Marketing Cloud message. We expected the influx of visitors from brand-focused ads to click through at lower rates than demand-focused campaigns, so they had to get our key message quickly.

Initial results:  A majority of visitors who engage are clicking on the solution tabs at the top and exploring the solution pages. Organic traffic is engaging at higher rates and going deeper into the site than paid traffic.

Overall bounce rates have decreased by 5% compared to our previous digital marketing site.  They are down by 13% for organic traffic. We didn’t have a baseline for paid media traffic.

Significantly, web-based inquiries are up 180% for the campaign period.

Moving ahead:  We will continue to use Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target to optimize and personalize the web experience.  Based on the success of the campaign ‘ad’ videos we are using them more and creating new videos. We are featuring the offers that result in inquiries and qualified sales leads.

In the short term, our goal is to achieve an additional 10% decrease in bounce rates and a 10% increase for web-based inquiries.

Learning #2:  Promoted Tweets are improving the performance of our “Metrics, Not Myths” Facebook app, and helping to build our social community.

Since my previous ultimate case study blog post, we modified our social strategy to include a limited amount of additional paid promotion to drive increased visibility to the app, page and specific tweets. We started a Promoted Tweets campaigns on 11/19, and began to promote the app on 11/26. We are revising our Facebook ads strategy due to what we determined was creative fatigue, and it will re-launch later this week.  We also realigned our resources for more active management of our Twitter and Facebook paid media.  We still plan to roll out the next phase of our social strategy in January.

Initial results:  Views and unique visitors to the Facebook app are both up about 2.5x over the daily average since 10/26, when we initially stopped paid media.  This is due primarily to the Promoted Tweets.

We’ve seen two consecutive weeks of improved CTRs for the Promoted Tweets. Our social community on Facebook and Twitter continues to grow – up 75%.

Please let me know by commenting below if you are finding these blog posts and our Ultimate Case Study interesting and what would you like to hear about next.

Keep checking back to our Adobe ultimate case study web site and the Adobe blog posts to learn more about the campaign results and insights.   We will have more insights and learnings to share in the weeks ahead.

0 comments