With an extra day this year added to the already full Adobe Summit schedule, I know how daunting it can be to figure out what to attend. Like any conference, you have to balance your personal interests and your “original justification” for going. For those of you out there responsible for driving e-commerce activities for your company, this post will be a guide to those sessions of interest from both Adobe as well as our partners that will be sharing insights from their work.
I’m excited by the momentum we have around experience-driven commerce. I believe that we’re at a critical point where we either choose to fundamentally change the customer experience or continue to let a few giant retailers such as Amazon, Alibaba, or Walmart sell everything through their online store.
Sessions with a Commerce Focus
- 11:30 AM– 2014 Conversion ROI All-Stars: True stories on conversion optimization success
- 2:00 PM – The power of analytics-driven optimization
- 3:30 PM – [MUST SEE] Consumers and commerce in the age of context
Note: The consumer’s path to purchase has fundamentally changed, causing brands and retailers to reinvent shopper marketing. Consumer expectations have risen 24 percent in the past 15 years, and they now expect a highly relevant, context-sensitive shopping experience anytime, anywhere.
- 5:00 PM – [MUST SEE] Running a global growth plan: ASICS digital commerce
- 2:00 PM – Hands-on lab: Personalized email campaigns and landing pages with Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Manager
Note: Even if you’re using CheetahMail or any other email service provider, seeing how we’re bringing the capabilities together will give you new ideas.
- 2:00 PM – [MOBILE APP FOCUS] Hands-on lab: Building mobile apps with PhoneGap
Note: Learn how to build mobile applications for iPhone and Android using PhoneGap and Adobe Experience Manager. Put together a multiscreen mobile app, test it in simulators, and learn how to keep it updated.
- 11:30 AM – [MUST SEE] The perfect union: Adding commerce to Adobe Marketing Cloud
NOTE: Combining commerce with brand marketing is a powerful new strategy that maximizes customer engagement, conversion, and revenue. But this road is often fraught with technical and organizational hurdles. How will your business overcome them?
- 3:30 PM – [MUST SEE] Adobe Experience Manager to Commerce Connector
Note: IBM Commerce customers can learn how to leverage the Adobe Marketing Cloud to drive their next-generation shopping experience.
- 3:30 PM – The rules for reengaging abandoners
Note: A recent study by Amaze showed that while 87 percent of customers abandon shopping carts, 75 percent intend to return and complete the purchase. Timing and strategy are critical in the process. Testing and optimization can help set the rules for the most effective approaches to retargeting key segments and individuals with the right messaging, offers, and recommendations. Hear the best methods for learning the rules that apply to your customers and needs.
- 9:30 AM – Retail Industry Super Session – The Future of Retail: Insights from a Retail Innovator
Note: A demo not to miss!
- 11:00 AM – [MY SESSION!] Commerce & Content Systems Converging, Forrester and Adobe Perspective
Note: Marketing and e-commerce teams have traditionally served different purposes with brand sites and the online store, but they are increasingly finding value in making all content experiences across digital touch points with customers shopable. Successful integration of the two teams and their respective platforms will help companies maintain cross-channel consistency and engender rich, contextual experiences throughout the customer life cycle. Learn how to bring it all together and create compelling experiences in this new world that addresses your brand requirements and your e-commerce objectives. Forrester and Adobe will provide perspective on the changing technology landscape supporting your future commerce experiences across the increasingly diverse number of digital devices and consumer touch points.
- 1:30 PM – [ANALYTICS FOCUS] How Staples and other retailers use multichannel analytics to drive value
- 1:30 PM – [TESTING FOCUS] 2014 Conversion ROI All-Stars: True stories on conversion optimization success Note: This is one of my favorites!
- 3:00 PM – [MUST SEE] Step INto the Future of Customer Experience
Note: Everyone knows that customers are critical to business. What they don’t know is that customers are not just a function of new e-commerce features but rather something else: experience. In the future, your customers’ experience will dictate purchase decisions. Shopping malls and online shopping have almost erased the one-to-one exchange between a buyer and a seller, but now new technologies are enabling the revival of one-to-one shopping.
- 9:30am AND 1:30pm – L706: Mastering digital experiences with Adobe digital asset management capabilities
Booths to Visit
There are of course many amazing sessions planned, so make sure to take a look at the full list. Above are just call-outs for sessions that I know will have a good commerce story for those of you responsible for that area of your business.
Outside of the sessions, make sure you check out the following partner booths as well (alphabetical order):
- Accenture Interactive – stop by their booth to hear about how they’ve enabled experience-driven commerce for one of the world’s largest retailers and a caffeinated brand manufacturer, among many others
- Crown Partners – one of the best demos of experience-driven commerce (a collaboration with Adobe/hybris)
- Deloitte Digital – Adobe Experience Manager and e-commerce integrations with hybris and Oracle ATG
- Elastic Path – a new e-commerce partner showing an innovative demo with Adobe Experience Manager
- hybris, an SAP Company – get the latest overview of Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Analytics integrations with hybris and see compelling demonstrations of the same in action
- Infield Design – no booth, but if you’re a Magento customer, take a look at their announcement
- Intershop – a new e-commerce partner showing an innovative demo with Adobe Experience Manager
- MRM//McCann – innovative demo with Elastic Path, and an Exclusive Cocktail Party Wednesday night before the big party (also sponsored by MRM) – e-commerce attendee invite here
- Razorfish – experience-driven commerce strategy
- Rosetta – Adobe Experience Manager and IBM WebSphere Commerce Server integration and demo (Learn how to extend your existing IBM investments to take advantage of experience-driven commerce)
- SapientNitro – innovative digital signage platform leveraging Adobe Experience Manager
- Siteworx – innovative demo with Intershop and a demo of a mobile app with iBeacon detection
If you haven’t registered yet for Adobe Summit, then you need to get on it!