360Flex is right around the corner and based on the topics (and what’s coming on the horizon) I think this is going to be one of the more interesting 360’s in a while. I’m speaking on creating Collaborative Applications with Flex and PHP and since I’m the only LiveCycle Collaboration Services talk, I’ll probably do a lot of generic LCCS stuff as part of the talk. But the most exciting part is getting to see what other people do. Here’s a breakdown of where I’m hoping to be for each timeslot.
- Monday 10:00 – 11:20: 300 – Michael Labriola – Apocalypse Soon? the remaking of ‘Flex Components’ – I always like hearing Michael speak and since he knows almost as much as anyone about Flex components, I think this is going to be a great talk.
- Monday 1:00 – 2:20 – My session.
- Monday 2:30 – 3:50: 200 – Kevin Hoyt – Flex + Phidgets = Beer – Tough timeslot with both Garth Braithwaite and Jesse Warden. I know Kevin has been cooking up some unique demos for this, and with those three catch words, it can’t be a bad session.
- Monday 4:00 – 5:20: 300 – Yakov Fain – Boring presentation on Flex libraries and modules – I think that Matt Guest’s typography session will be great but I want to spend some time geeking out on modules in Yakov’s session.
- Tuesday 10:00 – 11:20: 300 – Aaron Pederson, James Polanco – Flex 4 Component LifeCycle Best Practices – I think both Deepa’s and Paul’s sessions are going to be great, but I think the Flex 4 component lifecycle is something worth checking out and James and Aaron always present very well.
- Tuesday 1:00 – 2:20 – I’m really torn on this one between Jeffrey Houser’s session on Halo versus Spark and Gary Rogers automated build and deployment process. I know a lot less about automated building and deployment so I think I may step into that one and see how it goes.
- Tuesday 2:30 – 3:50 – Elad Elrom – Building Applications using Test Driven Development (TDD) I am really shitty when it comes to test driven development because a lot of what I build are demos, so I want to check this out. But the GPS/Flex session by Randy Troppmann and Andrew Westberg looks really slick.
- Wednesday 10:00 – 11:20 – by FAR the toughest slot at the conference. Renaun, Jeff Tapper, Dan Florio, and Simeon Bateman all going head to head. I’ll either flip a coin or run back and forth.
- Wednesday 1:00 – 2:20 – 200 – Nate Beck – Flexible Games… game development with stuff you already know – I’ve seen Nate do a couple of bits on game development so I think this will be a cool and useful session.
- Wednesday 2:30 – 3:50 – 250 – Andrew Powell – How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love UX – Andy got really rave reviews at RIAUnleashed and I missed his session. I’m hoping this is more of the same and it’s a good way to end the conference.
It’s going to be a jam packed 3 days. If you haven’t registered yet, you can register with this URL and get a chance to win the next version of Creative Suite. Plus you’ll get a chance to talk to the engineers and product managers, you can check out Flash Player 10.1 on mobile devices (I think we’ll all have demos to show) and generally kick back with fellow Flex developers.