Last night, we released the beta version of Flash Player 10.3 on Adobe Labs for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can grab the bits from here and yes, both debug and non-debug players versions are available.
So what’s new in this release? Well, actually, there’s a lot to talk about:
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation – this is one of the coolest features, because, you can create now high quality collaborative or chat apps that deliver excellent sound quality without a headset. Now, Flash Player 10.3 supports acoustic echo cancellation, noise suppression, voice activity detection, and automatic compensation for various mic input levels.
- Integration with browser privacy controls for managing local storage – Flash Player 10.3 integrates the controls for local storage with the browser’s privacy settings in Firefox 4, IE 8 or higher, and future release of Safari and Chrome.
- Native Control Panel – you can access the Flash Player privacy, security, and storage settings right from the Control Panel/System Preferences of your computer (Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Media Measurement – this feature enables companies to understand how their videos are distributed and consumed and to collect this data in real-time. There is a new set of open APIs that can be used to implement video analytics.
- Auto-Update Notifications for Mac OS – support for automatic notifications of Flash Player updates on Mac OS.