Earlier this week, I was updating an AIR app originally built on AIR 1.1 to AIR 2.0. I changed my namespace to 2.0 (so I could take advantage of some new AIR 2.0 specific APIs), built my .airi file, signed it and tried to install it. I expected it to prompt me to upgrade [...]
The Flex 3.5 SDK broke the ApplicationUpdaterUI, a commonly used component for enabling auto-update in AIR apps as described in my earlier blog post.
Today, the Flex SDK team post version 3.5a that addresses this bug. Here are the notes from QA on the bug:
The Flex team has updated the 3.5 SDK with a small update [...]
In August, 2008, I blogged “Adding auto update features to your AIR application in 3 easy steps“. It gets many views every day so I spent a little time today updating it to be AIR 1.5 compatible and to include a few common mistakes that developers make when implementing auto-update.
I’ll do a new blog post [...]