With CS5 now available the EMEA Evangelism team have been hard at work prepping for our upcoming tour and the Online Developer Week. The course of events will fall between June 7th – 10th covering everything from design in Photoshop CS5 to development, and even deployment of your applications using the Flash Platform suite of [...]
During Developer Week, learn about the Adobe Flash Platform, including Flex, Flash Builder, AIR, and how it integrates with Creative Suite 5 technologies. This weeklong event features free, live webinars presented by Adobe technology experts. See live demos and have your questions answered by the experts during interactive Q&A sessions. Register and attend whichever sessions suit [...]
Below I embedded slides from my presentation that I did last Friday in Berlin during 1st European Augmented Reality Business Conference. PDF document with links to Flash based AR examples is here. Running demo application that I coded during my session is here with it’s source code and AR marker to printout.
I could not believe my ears when our team started talking about MAX 2010 a few weeks. Just now when I was writing this I realized that MAX is only a little over 6 months away!
Only 6 months away… That’s the perfect time to start looking for speakers. So… If you want to speak at [...]
17 kwietnia w Warszawie odbędzie się Flash Camp 2010. Jest to najważniejsze wydarzenie roku społeczności Adobe Flash/Flex/AIR w Polsce! Wydarzenie to wiąże się bezpośrednio z inauguracją najnowszego wydania technologii Flex 4 i narzędzia Flash Builder 4.
Wśród prelegentów znajdą się najwybitniejsi polscy specjaliści związani z Platformą Flash. Wykłady zostaną poprowadzone w dwóch ścieżkach dla początkujących i [...]
As most of you know, I switched to a Google Nexus One about 7 weeks ago. (Hmm… That reminds me… I really should finish that blog post I’m writing so you can get an idea how I get on with the N1 coming from 3 years of using Apple’s phone). I absolutely love that the [...]
What do you mean you haven’t registered for the CS5 launch yet? I’m confused now… But… It’s not too late!
Register now and save your virtual seat for the CS5 launch event on April 12th (8am PDT / 11am EDT / 5pm CEST)!
Can’t wait until April 12th? Then check out http://csbuzz.adobe.com/ for clues and/or follow the #cs5 [...]
This Wednesday (17.03.2010, 11:00am CET) I will be doing an online e-seminar about “Multitouch development with Flash and Flex”. You will learn how you can start immediately building multitouch enabled applications, what new API’s are coming with FP10.1 and AIR 2.0, what are the differences and what is supported on underlying operating systems. Please register [...]
360Flex is right around the corner and based on the topics (and what’s coming on the horizon) I think this is going to be one of the more interesting 360’s in a while. I’m speaking on creating Collaborative Applications with Flex and PHP and since I’m the only LiveCycle Collaboration Services talk, I’ll probably do a lot of generic LCCS stuff as part of the talk. But the most exciting part is getting to see what other people do. Here’s a breakdown of where I’m hoping to be for each timeslot.
- Monday 10:00 – 11:20: 300 – Michael Labriola – Apocalypse Soon? the remaking of ‘Flex Components’ – I always like hearing Michael speak and since he knows almost as much as anyone about Flex components, I think this is going to be a great talk.
- Monday 1:00 – 2:20 – My session.
- Monday 2:30 – 3:50: 200 – Kevin Hoyt – Flex + Phidgets = Beer – Tough timeslot with both Garth Braithwaite and Jesse Warden. I know Kevin has been cooking up some unique demos for this, and with those three catch words, it can’t be a bad session.
- Monday 4:00 – 5:20: 300 – Yakov Fain – Boring presentation on Flex libraries and modules – I think that Matt Guest’s typography session will be great but I want to spend some time geeking out on modules in Yakov’s session.
- Tuesday 10:00 – 11:20: 300 – Aaron Pederson, James Polanco – Flex 4 Component LifeCycle Best Practices – I think both Deepa’s and Paul’s sessions are going to be great, but I think the Flex 4 component lifecycle is something worth checking out and James and Aaron always present very well.
- Tuesday 1:00 – 2:20 – I’m really torn on this one between Jeffrey Houser’s session on Halo versus Spark and Gary Rogers automated build and deployment process. I know a lot less about automated building and deployment so I think I may step into that one and see how it goes.
- Tuesday 2:30 – 3:50 – Elad Elrom – Building Applications using Test Driven Development (TDD) I am really shitty when it comes to test driven development because a lot of what I build are demos, so I want to check this out. But the GPS/Flex session by Randy Troppmann and Andrew Westberg looks really slick.
- Wednesday 10:00 – 11:20 – by FAR the toughest slot at the conference. Renaun, Jeff Tapper, Dan Florio, and Simeon Bateman all going head to head. I’ll either flip a coin or run back and forth.
- Wednesday 1:00 – 2:20 – 200 – Nate Beck – Flexible Games… game development with stuff you already know – I’ve seen Nate do a couple of bits on game development so I think this will be a cool and useful session.
- Wednesday 2:30 – 3:50 – 250 – Andrew Powell – How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love UX – Andy got really rave reviews at RIAUnleashed and I missed his session. I’m hoping this is more of the same and it’s a good way to end the conference.
It’s going to be a jam packed 3 days. If you haven’t registered yet, you can register with this URL and get a chance to win the next version of Creative Suite. Plus you’ll get a chance to talk to the engineers and product managers, you can check out Flash Player 10.1 on mobile devices (I think we’ll all have demos to show) and generally kick back with fellow Flex developers.
Earlier this week I did a presentation on all things new in Flash Player 10.1 and AIR 2 at FITC in Amsterdam. While it’s impossible to cover everything in an hour, it should give you a good idea on some of the new features.
You can download the sources as well. I’ve included both the Flex [...]