July 19, 2010 /

Creating Digital Magazines

UPDATE: The Digital Publishing Suite is available on Adobe Labs

______

Earlier this year when WIRED Magazine launched its digital edition (and sold more issues than the newsstand version without cannibalizing print sales) we noted that it was created with InDesign CS5 along with new publishing technologies. Today, we’ve released a short video that overviews these new technologies, including more detail on how they fit into the digital
magazine authoring workflow.

Late this summer, we’ll post these new publishing technologies on Adobe Labs so a broad set of media, corporate and retail catalog publishers will be able to create compelling content experiences. Using this Digital Magazine Solution, these publishers can create immersive content without having to hire additional developers or invest in extensive retraining for staff. Publishers can add interactivity without writing code via InDesign and create monetizable digital magazines for the Apple iPad – with other platforms and devices expected in the future.

InDesign CS5 + Digital Content Bundler

As mentioned, Adobe InDesign CS5 software is the central component of the workflow. Using InDesign CS5, design teams create layouts and add interactivity. With layouts in hand, production teams package the assets using the new Digital Content Bundler utility that allows publishers to import vertical and horizontal InDesign CS5 layouts, add metadata, (article title & description, issue number, etc.) and export them into a new “.issue” format. Although creating both horizontal and vertical layouts is not an absolute requirement, we expect that publishers will want to do so in order to take advantage of the tablet form factor and have the content rotate along with the device.

The “.issue” Format + Digital Content Viewer

This new .issue format is a compressed file format that contains vertical and horizontal magazine layouts, metadata, code to enable interactivity, and associated assets (images, video, etc.) Once the layouts have been packaged into the .issue format, the file is then rendered and displayed to the end-user using a publisher-branded Digital Content Viewer. The WIRED Reader, for example, is the first instance of a publisher-branded viewer. This Digital Content Viewer allows readers to interact with and navigate through the magazine content (including via the innovative “browse” mode). Previously we announced the Digital Content Viewer for Apple iPad; in the future we also expect to develop the Digital Content Viewer on Adobe AIR for desktops and other devices.

Adding Interactivity

With the Digital Magazine Solution, publishers are able to retain the design fidelity of a print magazine and add the interactivity of digital – captivating reader attention and creating an immersive content experience. Using the Adobe solution, designers and production teams can add interactivity like slideshows (multi-state objects) and video to magazine layouts using InDesign CS5. At present, adding advanced interactivity (like 360° image rotations, and image panning/zooming) requires the use of a separate AIR utility, the Interactive Overlay Creator. Over time, however, the functionality in the Interactive Overlay Creator will be integrated into future versions of InDesign.

Availability on Adobe Labs

(UPDATE: The Digital Publishing Suite is available on Adobe Labs) In late summer, we’ll be posting the publishing technologies involved in the magazine workflow – including the tools for adding advanced interactivity and bundling content – on Adobe Labs at http://www.adobe.com/go/digpublabs Documentation that details the process for integrating this new technology into your existing publishing workflows will also be made available on Labs.

For more information about the Digital Magazine Solution and additional details about the digital magazine authoring workflow, check out the following links:

Uncategorized

Comments

• […] ha annunciato Digital Publishing Solutions, una serie nuovi strumenti che consentono ai designer di creare […]

• By eZineMart Digital Magazines - 6:38 AM on October 25, 2012

Nice Blog with full of content.

Thanks
    eZineMart

• By dmmaseoseoseoseo - 7:19 PM on December 18, 2011

I stumbled upon your web site and it is fantastic for I need. It contains excellent and useful posts. I read through most of them and got so much from them. In my opinion, youre accomplishing a wonderful work. Keep it up! Id like to grate you for generating such a great web site.

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 12:48 AM on January 6, 2012

Thank you!

• By Valerian - 8:28 AM on August 27, 2011

Please ignore my last message, it is always at the time we post a question that we find the answer!

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 9:55 PM on September 27, 2011

Hi Valerian, glad you found it :) Thanks for following our blog!

• By Valerian - 8:23 AM on August 27, 2011

Hi,

I have been trying all morning to get the Adobe Digital Content Bundler to generate the .issue file from my InDesign project.
    Do you know where I can get it?

Thanks!

• By Manish Rai - 7:14 AM on August 8, 2011

dear sir please clarify me, is indesign better for digital publishing or adobe’s digital publishing suite, we are entering in digital publishing market, we have been working for print publishing from the last 3 years, if we use indesign for digital publishing will we face any problem in future.

• By kai cheng - 6:12 AM on July 23, 2011

Hi Does anyone know how to put digital magazine to app store?

Thanks

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 9:29 PM on July 28, 2011

Hi Kai, To publish a magazine and distribute it to the apple app store, you must purchase Digital Publishing Suite so that you have access to the Viewer Builder service. Using Viewer Builder service (in combination with other DPS services and the Folio Producer tools in InDesign) you can create an .ipa file which is essentially a branded content viewer that will consume a .folio file (content). The IPA file is submitted to Apple for distribution via the app store, pending Apple approval. For more details on how to publish to the apple app store, please post a question to the DPS forum on adobe.com. You can find that at: http://forums.adobe.com/community/dps/

• By Richard Dendy - 4:12 PM on July 14, 2011

This seems to be such a simple issue that it is under the radar (I have looked extensively for this). I have produced and synced to my iPad a successful folio, but my text does not increase in size when screen-tapped. I have since noticed that all of the magazines created for online digital publishing tutorials use exceptionally large text from the beginning. I hope this does not indicate that text cannot be made interactive–that only cropped images can be panned and zoomed. If anyone knows how to make text touch-enlarge-capable, I would really appreciate some instruction.

Thanks

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 9:45 PM on July 28, 2011

Hi Richard, .folio files do not support reflowable text yet. Be sure to check out the DPS forums on adobe.com: http://forums.adobe.com/community/dps/. Thanks for asking!

• By Matthew Aldao - 5:32 PM on April 27, 2011

Hey, I’m sort of new to adobe Indesing and to Adobe DCBundler. Although I’ve got my .indd file on a folder, when I try to make a new project on the Digital Content Bundler I just can’t select the Indesing file that I want, it just keeps saying : “Warning: no valid article directories could be found”. Why is this? Please, I need urgent help! If anyone can help me out here’s my email, monoaldao@hotmail.com.
    Thanks a lot!
    Matthew

• By Calvin - 11:58 PM on April 14, 2011

Hi Dave, I have been working with Adobe digital magazine in order to create some interactive pages on iPad. I have completed my project, made my “.issue” file and I even tested on my iPad, but I have no idea how to upload this into apple store to sell it. I know there is way for Xcode files but there is nothing for “InDesign” or “.issue” files. I would really appreciate if you let me know as soon as you can. Here is my email address: calvin.mousavi@gmail.com.

Many thanks,
    Calvin

• By mcklan3 - 1:58 AM on March 30, 2011

Hi,
    The Prerelease Drop 11 resolve my problem…
    Thanks :)

• By Mcklan3 - 1:17 AM on March 30, 2011

Hi,
    anyone have the content viewer app to Android?
    Can you send me please to my email or send me the link to the direct download.
    I’m in the Digital Publishing Suite Prerelease program but i can’t find the link for download the app.
    Thanks!

• By Dave Dickson - 9:23 PM on March 30, 2011

Hi – In the prerelease program, navigate to Downloads > Builds, then look for the Content Viewer with the .apk file extension.

• By Phil Beards - 5:12 PM on March 14, 2011

I have made my first issue in In-Design and uploaded to iPad, all works great. Is there a way to make images or text zoomable using multi-touch? All the images are just static at the moment.
    thanks

• By Walter - 9:10 AM on March 9, 2011

Help me!

In AD Content Bundler I’ve a error message: ” Warning: no valid article directories could be found”…. Why?

• By Trevor - 2:33 AM on March 17, 2011

Walter –
      I had the same problem at the beginning, and though I don’t remember how specifically i fixed it, it had to do with the folder structure when you bring it into the Content bundler. Find the tutorial on Adobe TV, make sure your folder structure matches exactly. I remember having to select the folder one hierarchical level higher than i thought logical. Try that, ill get back if i know more.

• By Walter - 2:50 PM on March 23, 2011

Thank you Trevor!

The problem is resolved, adding the file .png in the stack…

• By stephen quirke - 4:44 PM on March 3, 2011

IGNORE THE ABOVE. Sorry to have bothered everyone.

• By stephen quirke - 3:25 PM on March 3, 2011

Once the iPad mag is ready for upload, what is the binary code for the app: is that contained in the iPAd magazine itself. And how do you create a loading page that loads before the magazine cover proper? Thanks very much

• By Sean - 1:40 AM on February 14, 2011

Hi,
    I made my first issue using the digital publishing suite, and it works great.

I do have a question about the viewer: do you plan to include interactive reading tools such as notes/bookmarks/highlighting, etc? I’d like to incorporate the Adobe Content Viewer/publications into my teaching, making texts for my students, and some of these pedagogical/study features would be great.

Thanks!

• By Dave Dickson - 12:15 AM on March 3, 2011

Thanks for the feedback – I’ve made a note of it and agree uses like this would be beneficial for education.

• By James - 9:46 PM on February 11, 2011

Hi there – I am a bit of a newbie on this but I am confused on how the .issue get to the app store. Is this all done through the Digital Publishing Suite?

I understand the Content Viewer offered by Adobe is currently for non-commercial non-branded apps. I have applied for the PreRelease version to get the ability to make my own branded apps. But how exactly does that work? How does the Digital Publishing Suite connect with my app once I have created a developers account with Apple?

Does the Digital Publishing Suite handle absolutely everything from the app creation standpoint? No custom development is needed to get the content created InDesgin to the contained that is the app itself? Any links, help, or thoughts would be awesome.

Thanks so much.

• By Dave Dickson - 12:17 AM on March 3, 2011

The Viewer Builder service allows you to upload your branding, sign it with the appropriate certificates and then generate an .ipa file for submission to the App Store. The Digital Publishing Suite Distribution Service then fulfills each issue of a publication (Jan, Feb, Mar) upon a user’s request into the branded viewer. You can download the Viewer Builder client from the prerelease program.

• By fct - 3:28 PM on January 10, 2011

Hi,
    I was able to dowload the digital publishing suite and followed the tutorials on how to bundle InDESIGN FIles (packaged) to create the .ssue(folio) file. But there was error message saying” Warning: no valid article directories could be found. Can you help me on how to correct this? – Thanks

• By Dave Dickson - 8:27 PM on January 10, 2011

Hi – can you ask this question in the prerelease or Adobe labs forum? — we have support personnel who monitor those forums for questions like these.

• By John Kidd - 4:31 PM on January 5, 2011

Ahh..do I need the content bundle software? or Indesign CS5 alone can do the job?

• By Dave Dickson - 12:30 AM on January 6, 2011

Yes you’ll need to download the Content Bundler (and other software) to use with InDesign CS5. Download the software from the prerelease program by going to http://www.adobe.com/beta and selecting “Digital Publishing Suite” as the prerelease program.

• By Hetal Vyas - 6:16 AM on January 3, 2011

Is .issue files can be viewed on I pod?

• By Dave Dickson - 11:28 PM on January 4, 2011

.folio files (the new name for .issue) can currently be viewed on iPad. We’re working on viewers for Android and other platforms and expect to release those in the near future.

• By Renaldo Lawrence - 2:01 PM on December 8, 2010

Is the 3rd tutorial for the digital publishing suite going to be published on Adobe TV and if so can you please say when?
    Thanks
    Renaldo

• By Sanna Nilsson - 12:54 PM on December 8, 2010

Hi
    I trying to create popup window that works in ipad.
    I have used the “button” in Indesign and when I preview it in Indesign it works, and also when I export it as an pdf, but not on my ipad.

Can anyone help me here?

• By hannah - 7:46 PM on August 11, 2011

i know there are only a certain amount of interactivity features supported on the ipad: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f60-ff0a97712e49f21d0f-8000.html

But I’m wondering if there’s a way to get around this. I have some vocabulary terms with an icon next to it that I want consumers to be able to click on to get the definition. I would like a pop up window to appear when the icon is clicked on. Is there a way to get around the limitations and somehow create a popup window??

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 10:07 PM on September 27, 2011

Hi Hannah, the best place to get some help on this would be at the DPS forums. You can post this at: http://forums.adobe.com/community/dps. Thanks for reaching out!

• By David Korman - 9:51 PM on November 17, 2010

Trying to upload into the Bundler and 3016 error please help.

• By Shaman - 11:21 AM on November 17, 2010

Can anybody help as this driving me crazy, I get the message app.rasterizeDocumentPage is not a function. How can I fix this problem?

• By veronique - 2:11 PM on November 4, 2010

I get the message: app.rasterizeDocumentPage is not a function when I try to open my folder (or the tutorials) in Bundler. Why and how can I fix this problem?

• By Janne Saaristo - 10:18 AM on November 3, 2010

Will the digital content bundler be able to package files that are viewable on android tablets e.g. the Galaxy Tab? In that case when and how would that be done?

• […] in July we talked about a new Digital Magazine Solution that our publishing team were busy working on.  Today, we announced The Digital Publishing Suite […]

• By Gordon - 2:41 PM on October 25, 2010

I downloaded the app but it won’t accept my Adobe ID and password. Maybe there’s a problem with it…. Anyway, I can’t find the details on registering that Christopher described in his post. Can anyone help me out? I’m dying to know!!

• By Cesar GM - 10:29 PM on September 24, 2010

waiting waiting!!!

• By Christopher Flatt - 8:58 AM on September 28, 2010

If you just can’t wait for the release on Adobe Labs, and don’t mind contributing feedback on beta software, you might try applying to the prerelease program. I downloaded the Adobe Digital Content Viewer app for free at the App store. Details on registering are located in the app. Hope this helps ease the pain… Trust me, I was feeling it!

• By Benjamin Pastrana - 8:35 PM on September 22, 2010

Any NEWS?????????

• By Mathieu Plasse - 2:11 PM on September 20, 2010

So, today is officially the last day of “the end of summer” and there are no news about that digital magazine bundler thing. I guess they will unveil it and tell us all about it during that MAX Adobe event, late october.

• By Joshua Harden - 6:48 PM on September 20, 2010

Oh please no…late October…can’t…wait…that…long

• By Christopher Flatt - 9:02 PM on September 20, 2010

I thought it was tomorrow, 09/21? I thought one more day…

• By Mathieu Plasse - 1:13 PM on September 21, 2010

20, the last day of summer and 21, the first day of autumn(?). Well, it doesn’t matter… I really can’t wait either. It’s gonna be great fun to play with that new toy.

• By Christopher Flatt - 9:00 AM on September 28, 2010

See my post to Cesar, below.

• By Christopher Flatt - 3:47 AM on September 11, 2010

Now that Apple has “relaxed” their third-party TOS restrictions (09/09/10), does this affect the direction of the Digital Content Bundler/Viewer?

• By Christopher Flatt - 9:16 AM on September 10, 2010

Dave, we’re dying a slow, agonizing death here… well, not really, but this is worse than trying to go to bed on Christmas Eve… any news? It would be great if the blog or even the Labs page actually kept us informed of progression on this topic. We know you guys are working nights and weekends, but so are we. Every day I agonize in Xcode the only glimmer of hope I have is this Digital Magazine Solution. Throw us a bone?

• By Joshua Harden - 2:12 AM on September 11, 2010

yes, please….feed us our program!

• By Douglas Warouw - 8:10 AM on September 4, 2010

@ Dave Dickson. Dave thanks for keeping us (your readers) in the loop, I realise that it’s quite hard to give out information that you’re either not told or can’t say because of commercial in confidence. But do you know:
    – if the Digital Content Bundler is a separate Application that converts the Indesign File or will it be a plugin for Indesign?
    – will it be an extra cost on top of Indesign?
    – will you require an Apple Developer Licence and follow the normal workflow for submitting an app?

thanks again

• By Mathieu Plasse - 6:09 PM on August 31, 2010

Hi,
    Does any of you know a good site, or other sources where I could read some discussions and informations about the issue format ?
    Can’t wait to create stuff for the iPad.
    -Mathieu

• By Laura - 10:16 PM on August 30, 2010

I, too, am interested in receiving any new information as it becomes available (especially as regards latest estimated release date)–thanks!

• By Dave Dickson - 6:30 PM on August 31, 2010

Hi Laura. The Adobe Labs release is forthcoming. Stay tuned to this blog and http://bit.ly/LabsDigPub for the latest as the tools are rolled out!

• By ray - 7:58 PM on August 29, 2010

hi,
    I´d like to have some Information when your “Adobe Digital Content Bundler” (or anythin else to bring informations on the iPad…) is on its way, downloadable or anything else…
    Thx
    ray

• By Christopher Flatt - 5:47 PM on August 31, 2010

My source says September, but early or late is anyone’s guess. I’m holding out for early…

• By Dave Dickson - 6:16 PM on August 31, 2010

We’re working nights and weekends to get this release to you ASAP. Stay tuned to this blog for more info, as well as the Adobe Labs page at http://bit.ly/LabsDigPub

• By Christopher Flatt - 9:45 AM on August 28, 2010

Is this blog routinely moderated? Should we be going to other sources for this information? This seems like too big of a subject to be treated so casually. Unless there are only 6 of us interested in what’s going on… Dave, where are you, man?

• By Douglas Warouw - 11:44 PM on August 28, 2010

I agree with Chris, this is quite a huge area.

I don’t normally post in forums but considering I am actually posting there are definately more than 6 people interested in the .issue format.

I’m employed by a government department that are looking for a format to transfer approximately 50% of our print publications and all of their digital content to devices like the iPad.

I’m in charge of the R&D of digital publications and the workflow that follows so I’ve been eagerly waiting any details regarding the .issue format.

Things like if a reader is required, if they can be standalone applications and can we embed closed captions into video?

I guess I’ll have to wait like the rest of us till .issue formats get released.

• By Christopher Flatt - 6:00 PM on August 31, 2010

Thanks for the encouragement, Douglas! I usually don’t comment either, but I’ve kind of adopted this blog.

• By Cesar GM - 10:08 PM on August 27, 2010

hi, I work in a magazine in Central America, I want to create my magazine the way Wired is doing it, what do I need to do that… Adobe inDesign CS5 and what else?

• By Christopher Flatt - 5:52 PM on August 31, 2010

From what we gather here, to create content you’ll need InDesign CS5 and the Digital Content Bundler (available late summer on Adobe Labs). To view content, the Digital Content Viewer, which apparently can be publisher-branded/customized, and is only currently being offered for the iPad, although an Air solution is in the works.

• By Juan Aguirre - 12:15 AM on November 2, 2010

Hi César, we can help, we work with Editorial Televisa and others in the Latin American region, get in touch, email: juan@dalai.com, thanks

• By Benjamin Pastrana - 2:34 PM on August 27, 2010

Keep In mind this format should not only be for magazines or newspapers, books. I want to create a Presentation for new employees at my company explaining beneficts, company policies, videos with examples of internal events, animations of procedures etc….

In this case maybe we don’t want to Sell the application but to use the technology for internal puroses. I Know CATALYST was done for this but our standard is InDesign and we can repurpose our materias instead of applying our efforts in only one application development like Catalyst (not to mention that Catalyst is in its infant stage) and we don’t code.

Thank you!

• By Christopher Flatt - 5:59 PM on August 31, 2010

Benjamin, check out my response to Martin, above. Thanks, and I hope it helps.

• By Dave Dickson - 6:23 PM on August 31, 2010

Thanks for your feedback Benjamin. We’re hearing from many people that they are looking forward to using this technology for highly designed books and corporate publishing projects. The toolset for the Adobe Labs release, as mentioned in the original blog post, uses InDesign as its foundation; consequently it allows designers to create these engaging experiences without having to be retrained on developer-oriented tools.

• By Basem - 11:47 PM on August 26, 2010

Is this TLF enabled ? I mean does it integrate the new text layout framework in the output result ?

• By Martin Collins - 6:26 PM on August 26, 2010

Hello Dave
    Will I be able to produce .issue files for my own/clients ipads to view directly or will I have to always go through the iPad apple store view and deliver .issue solutions? I have clients who would love me to be able to provide this solution but their work is of a private nature (healthcare) and they would not like their literature to appear on the apple store.

Thanks
    Martin

• By Christopher Flatt - 5:56 PM on August 31, 2010

Martin, though I’m not affiliated with Adobe, this blog seems in limbo, so I’m going out on a limb here… I am going to assume that the Digital Content Viewer app will only be installable via the App Store. Apple is usually very tight about what how/what is installed. While you may be able to create them locally, I doubt Adobe will include the provisioning information to make them locally available, even through iTunes. This is an Apple restriction that is taken care of by registering for the Developer Program. For the type of distribution you’re referring to, I think you would need the “Enterprise” level developer package. Again, I’m just guessing on this one, based on what little I’ve been able to get on this. I hope it helps, and ultimately becomes substantiated or corrected.

• By Dave Dickson - 6:12 PM on August 31, 2010

Thanks Martin for your comment. We’re rushing to get you more information on how you’ll be able to distribute these apps. Stay tuned to the forthcoming release on Adobe Labs for more info.

• By Martin Collins - 9:22 PM on August 31, 2010

Thanks for the reply Dave and Christopher
        I’m looking at the .issue format as an opportunity to actually produce some beautiful, interactive literature direct to clients ipads without the need to distribute via the app store, I guess I’m not alone in hoping for this?

I really believe that this is a chance for Adobe to create something massive within the design/iPad community and hope that they do not just limit it to publishers selling on the app store.

I showed the wired mag to my whole agency when the first edition came out and everybody was asking when can we have this solution, they all loved it. So I believe there is a massive market for Adobe to provide this solution for the corporate world as reps and creatives would love the chance to present on an iPad using the .issue format, but if it all goes through the app store I believe that I would have to abandon the whole format and wait for android devices which would be a massive shame

Regards
        Martin

• By Christopher Flatt - 9:01 AM on September 28, 2010

Martin, see my post to Cesar below.

• By Graham Cownie - 3:15 PM on August 21, 2010

Dave, will publishers be allowed to make their own bespoke digital content viewer or will they have to use the one provided by Adobe?

• By pperlee - 1:14 PM on August 21, 2010

is it possialble release a new version of Digitial Editions for this new format? then we can view our books/magazines on our pc/mac.

• By Christopher Flatt - 12:31 AM on August 26, 2010

Digital Editions is a reader designed specifically for viewing content in the .epub format. The Digital Content Viewer is a reader designed specifically for viewing content in the new .issue format—which is/can be considered a native iPad app, from what I am gathering by the entries here. The two formats (.epub and .issue) address two completely different content requirements. The .issue format is designed to maintain the rich visual design of the page (along with added interactivity), which is where .epub falls short by the nature of its intent to display and reflow text with inline images. I hope I have stated this correctly, and that it makes sense.

• By Christopher Flatt - 10:47 AM on August 20, 2010

Dave, can you tell us if page scaling is supported? Are fonts embedded or rasterized? Is content converted to SVG? How customizable is the Digital Content Viewer? I have lots of questions, but the digpublabs, blog, and FB page don’t give much more information than this page. Is it still too early for this much detail? Thanks in advance…

• By Joshua Harden - 7:50 PM on August 16, 2010

Hey Dave, Any update on ETA? Late summer…August? Or October? Any response would be much appreciated!

• By Dave Dickson - 11:25 PM on August 16, 2010

We’re working nights and weekends to get this out to you. Stay tuned to http://bit.ly/LabsDigPub for more details.

• By Rob H - 8:50 AM on March 2, 2011

Like a previous user in December, I also get the message: app.rasterizeDocumentPage is not a function when I try to open my folder in Bundler. Why and how can I fix this problem?

• By Christopher Flatt - 6:45 PM on August 16, 2010

Thanks for the update, Dave. Can’t wait to see what you guys have been working on!

• By Christopher Flatt - 9:03 PM on August 13, 2010

How does the recent Apple TOS revision affect this technology?

• By Dave Dickson - 6:40 PM on August 16, 2010

The solution is written in Objective-C according to the rules specified by the Apple Developers License Agreement.

• […] waiting to see what Adobe will do with the whole iPad thang. They’ve been talking about their Digital Publishing Solution, but here’s an article that goes into more detail than I’d seen elsewhere and makes it […]

• By William - 4:06 PM on August 9, 2010

Hi

I need the Digital Content Bundler but i didnt find it in the download adobado labs page.

Please help, i want to try it

thanks

• By jan sturm - 9:15 AM on August 17, 2010

Here in DK it is LATE summer now. Rainy and cold.
      But I stille can’t find the bundler..help!
      Jan

• […] presented. Some of the highlights include an update from SoDA and an overview of how the upcoming digital publishing workflow for devices will be done (Yeah, the WIRED iPad […]

• By The new beast | Baker | Blog - 11:23 PM on August 6, 2010

[…] But this isn’t an Apple love-fest. Adobe is playing a key role in enabling much of this revolution with it’s new software offerings for Creative Suite 5, or if you’re on a first name basis with it like we are—CS5. CS5 is providing powerful new ways for content developers to digitize their content straight from their printed projects while minimizing development costs. Apparently Adobe has been the motor under the hood of Wired magazine’s new digital offering. (Creating Digital Magazines) […]