December 6, 2010 /News /

Google adopts Adobe eBook DRM

No doubt eBooks will be a popular item for holiday gifting this year – and now even more so with the new Google eBooks service that uses Adobe digital publishing technology.  Just in time for the holidays, Google is adopting Adobe Content Server 4 as a digital rights management (DRM) solution to protect copyrighted eBooks from its Google eBooks service announced earlier today. Google decided to use Content Server because it is the most widely adopted eBook DRM that allows users to avoid being locked in to a single device or retailer when purchasing eBooks.

With Adobe’s true cross-platform eBook ecosystem, consumers can purchase or lend eBooks through thousands of points-of-purchase – including many public libraries – without being tied to one store.  For example, Google eBooks users can transfer eBooks to 85+ devices and applications that support Adobe eBook DRM, including smartphones, tablets (via apps on devices like the iPad) as well as dedicated reading devices like the Sony Reader or the Barnes & Noble nook.  Consumers can also read EPUB and PDF eBooks on the desktop via Adobe Digital Editions.  With over 13 million downloads, Digital Editions is available at no charge and allows consumers to easily read, organize and transfer content to supported devices.

With this announcement, Google joins over 200 publishers and book distributors using Content Server to protect EPUB and PDF eBooks – including Barnes & Noble, Google, Random House, Sony, WW Norton, OverDrive, Ingram Digital, Kobo, British Library, and more.  In general, publishers require DRM to be applied to eBooks in order to prevent unauthorized distribution of copyrighted works. These eBooks are authorized to a user’s Adobe ID and can be transferred to up to six devices and six computers via Digital Editions. Users can obtain a free Adobe ID from Adobe.com and learn how to transfer eBooks in the Digital Editions help center.

Content Server 4 is part of Adobe’s end-to-end Digital Publishing Solution for eBooks that spans content authoring, protection and delivery.  Using InDesign CS5, publishers can leverage the skills of their design staff to produce eBooks without resorting to costly third-party conversion houses.  With Content Server, publishers/distributors can monetize eBooks, securely deliver content and protect copyrighted works. And in the Adobe ecosystem, consumers can read eBooks on the device of their choice – either through 85+ devices/apps that support Adobe eBook DRM via the Adobe Reader Mobile 9 SDK, or on the desktop via Digital Editions.

Adobe Digital Publishing Solution for eBooks

For more information

News

Comments

• By Richard - 6:42 PM on August 24, 2013

I’ve had nothing but problems from DRM. I’ve experienced it as a consumer, but also when publishing eBooks. I’ve had numerous customers complain about not being able to read/open the books in various players. The problem always seems to trace back to DRM. Ugh. There has to be a better solution!

• By Nater - 2:04 PM on July 12, 2013

Also, don’t think I’ll be buying eBooks anymore after this. This DRM shenanigans is simply not a good user experience. After I finish this one I’m uninstalling all that stuff and will just borrow them from friends instead.

• By Nater - 2:03 PM on July 12, 2013

Just got bitten by this. Refunded my purchase and buying on Kindle. They have direct apps I can use to read my books. Don’t like bloating up my devices or PC with extra cruft like Digital Editions. Amazon isn’t going anywhere soon, and their library is big enough… I’m better off just using Kindle since there are apps on all major OSes/mobile OSes and they don’t require a second download to handle the DRM. Have a great day. First time in years that I’ve had to do a web search for a file extension…

• By Ravi - 11:57 PM on July 8, 2013

I paid and down loaded Schaums_outline_of_Pharmacology for my son in Uni.
    This was down loaded to our computer.This was in 2012 the info on last viewed is Jan 2013. However the DRM system is currently not allowing it to be viewed saying this product
    is licensed to a different user. Is there a way of finding out which user, we have tried different
    combination but of no avail. Could you please help with some suggestions.

• By annie - 12:59 PM on June 22, 2013

is the nook HD supported by adobe? i have copied books from my ereader to ADE and then to my nook folder on my PC, but my nook is not picking them up. thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

• By wendy - 4:57 PM on June 1, 2013

Hi, i bought 3 ebooks of a&r and i have kobo and bluefire reader, on my samsung galaxy s3 and samsung tablet 7.0 but when i go to download the ebooks the web address comes up saying its wrong or i need to check it, it wont load into either of them! Could someone possibly help me figure out how to fix it or should i just count it as a waste of money??

• […] blogs.adobe.com […]

• By dav - 4:59 PM on March 26, 2013

with google DRM, you can’t load more than one downloaded ePUB books into to read, which means you need at least two reading apps on the same tablet to read the books in the same format, that’s absolutely not a friendly user-experience.

• By sla - 4:42 PM on March 26, 2013

Most of books purchased from Google Play are ePub or PDF format and protected by Adobe Adept DRM.

• By Terry - 11:13 AM on February 15, 2013

I don’t see the Wiltronic Iview-700EB-T….is it not supported?

• By Jodie - 9:25 AM on February 11, 2013

I am having the same issue as Linda. I’m not sure how to upload the book that I purchased to my e-reader. I’m not a techie I’m affraid… Can anyone assist me with an advice? Thanks in advance

• By Anita Hafner - 1:21 PM on February 10, 2013

I have a book that can only be read on Adobe Digital Editions and I would like to read it on my smart phone. samsung galaxy s 2. I have downloaded Adobe reader however that will not open the book…how can I access this book on my smart phone…i have searched for an app for the digital editions however have not found one…perhaps it has a different name?

Please help…thanks…

• By Linda White - 10:12 PM on January 24, 2013

Can someone tell me how to transfer my books from my computer to my eReader. Downloaded two books, they went on my computer and I cannot get them to transfer to my eReader. Thanks.

• By Louis St-Amour - 12:55 PM on January 16, 2013

@ Robert Townley — DRM is not a technical problem as much as it is political. On Mac and Windows, Adobe can find ways to not let people inspect their software as it runs. On Linux, not so much. I would suggest Googling for alternate approaches to read your ebooks. Perhaps you can run the Windows version some other way?

Still the simplest solution is the easiest — buy books from Tor and others that don’t contain the DRM in the first place!

• By Robert Townley - 2:55 PM on December 19, 2012

Your software developers know PostScript, Fonts, VectorMath, PDFs and Graphics … some of the most difficult software developed ever. i am sure these same developers can figure out a way to natively create a Linux version of “Adobe Digital Editions” that satisfies the Digital Rights Management.

• By Barb Izzio - 6:18 AM on December 11, 2012

I have a Kobo touch which I love but I cannot figure out how to authorize it to receive library books. I can get the library books onto Adobe Digital but can’t move them onto my Kobo Touch. Can you help me, please?

• By Irene Wigley - 12:10 AM on November 21, 2012

I have problems downloading from my library. I have Adobe digital edition on my computer, but message “error getting license a adent required expired”. Followed the downloading correctly and been issued with ID. Please advise

• By höll nicole - 10:23 PM on November 12, 2012

e-book

• By CLIVE TEAR - 2:56 PM on November 12, 2012

I was considering buying the Kindle Fire reader but my local library advised me that I would not be able to download it’s books on that device. However I notice this website of yours does mention the Kindle Fire HD reader device and I wondered if it was likely to be included on your compatible list soon.

Otherwise I am considerreing buying the Nook simple touch glowlight model and would ask if that device is definately supported on the Adobe digital editions application.

• By Karen - 7:44 PM on November 5, 2012

I purchased the latest version of Shon Harris’ CISSP and purchased a Kindle Fire so I can place the book on the Kindle. I cannot get the book to download on my computer with Digital Edition. I created an account and no luck. I now see Kindle is not supported so I spent money for nothing, truly disappointed.

• By deroche - 9:21 PM on October 26, 2012

Traduction en français ?

• By derovhr - 9:20 PM on October 26, 2012

Traduction en français mervi

• By TOTI - 1:35 PM on October 9, 2012

Crépus sans contrainte

• By Jean-Paul Gravelle - 2:09 PM on October 5, 2012

I bought “Winter of the Worlds” at the Google Play Store for my EEEpad by Asus which runs on Android. I would like to transfer that book to my Kobo. Your Digital Edition is recommended for that purpose, but there is no Android version available…. Why and when ?

• […] unlimited range” of ebooks and digital publications from the most popular online retailers, including Google Play and the Kobo […]

• By Helen - 9:06 PM on October 1, 2012

I am trying to download adobe digital edition but there is no support for linux operating system. When are you gonna get the hint and provide for all of us that love to read.

• By Tim Sykes - 8:40 AM on November 14, 2012

I second that, I have moved to linux and find it frustrating that large companies
      do not support it more :(

• By genghisbunny - 7:09 AM on May 20, 2013

Unfortunately, the only way to access adobe’s drm-laden content on Linux is to use a Windows PC to strip out the DRM protection and then copy it across as a standard epub file. (No, I’m not going to say how, that’s not what I do or condone)

They’re pushing people to illegal cracking to use a common operating system. Does nobody remember that playing DVDs on Linux was the original reason DVDs’ DRM was cracked?

• By Aleemuddin Ahmed Khan - 10:15 AM on September 11, 2012

This looks good, we are an ecommerce platform provider and I will be talking to to some one from adobe on integrating adobe ebook with our platform.

• By miguel - 12:41 AM on September 11, 2012

Nada

• By virginia - 3:48 PM on September 5, 2012

he adquirido unos cuantos libros en TODOEBOOK, el primero lo pase a la primera desde mi PC a mi libro electronico, pero los otros 2 libros no he podido de ninguna manera. es un CyberBook del fabricante Best Buy. Favor necesito ayuda para poder pasarlos. gracias anticipadas

• By Greg - 2:56 AM on September 2, 2012

I am cannot trans electronic library books to my Kobo Vox e reader. Is this device supported by Adobe Digital Editions; if not is there any intention of including it in the near future?

• By Tim Sykes - 1:31 PM on August 21, 2012

This is a great resource and surely something we will be utilizing for our training material on stock trading. Right now we have the course in a video format with a physical workbook, ebooks make much more sense now.

• By Books for Free Download - 1:26 AM on August 21, 2012

Great to see that Google adopted Adobe’s DRM! Way too much money is being lost by writers and publishers without this.

• By free ebook - 5:22 AM on August 16, 2012

Amazing blog. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Just what I was searching for. Keep up the fabulous work!

• By Anne Crofts - 10:39 PM on August 9, 2012

If I buy an ebook from Google Play, will it run on my English eReader, I have both Kobo Touch and Sony T1. I’ve tried to buy books from the States before but the content is locked. We spend 3 months every summer in the States, are here now, and can buy paper books to take home so it’s very frustrating when the ebook system fails. I wouldn’t mind but many books are only available in the States, and vice versa no doubt, so I need to find out before I waste money.

• By Sunday Keshi - 9:25 PM on August 1, 2012

Good is good

• By Health Clinic Online - 6:02 PM on July 28, 2012

May be i must learn using adobe photoshop and using for editing logo pictures

• By Alan Parsons - 11:57 AM on July 26, 2012

I have just installed Adobe Digital Editions but now, having read the above blog comments, I have decided never to use ADE or buy any book that has been ruined by Adobe DRM. I’ll stick to purchasing books for my Kindle Touch. Fortunately, the procedure to purchase Adobe DRMed books is so complex that I have not been tempted to purchase any. I will also cast a suspicious eye over Google’s eBooks to ensure that I don’t fall into Adobe’s DRM trap!

• By eid mohammed - 7:43 PM on July 25, 2012

i want urdu to covert english tool

• By john - 9:07 PM on July 22, 2012

I am having difficulty transfering electronic library books to my Kobo Vox e reader. Is this device supported by Adobe Digital Editions; if not is there any intention of including it in the near future?

• By articlehack - 7:17 AM on July 21, 2012

Any one please that that whether there is any adobe reader for nokia s6 v5 mobile phones…… I have seen one here…http://articlehack.com/pdf-reader-for-nokia-5233/..but that is not a product of adobe.. please help..

• By sally - 10:36 PM on July 19, 2012

hello
    i have just bought a new reader(not a known branded one)
    adobe editions will let me transfer books to it but they wont open,adobe picks up the reader but it never gave me the option of activating it to adobe
    any help would be gratefully received
    thanks

• By Kim Williams - 1:50 PM on July 12, 2012

Google adopts Adobe ebooks ate a good way to read.

• By Debbie - 3:09 AM on July 3, 2012

I have a Blackberry playbook and have been unable to download from the library. Says I have downloaded but cannot find on playbook. I have downloaded Overdrive – do I download Adobe.

• By bookworm - 11:14 AM on May 20, 2012

Why on earth is there no Linux version of ADE? I don’t much like DRM, but I _do_ want to read my books legally. I have a Sony Reader, which runs Linux, but in order to read ADE dependent books on it, I would have to by a Mac or Windows computer! Where is the sense in that?! By not supporting Linux, you force me into downloading pirated books, or crack the DRM myself.

• By pam - 10:25 PM on March 23, 2012

Wrote book in .pages format on my mac.
    Exported to .epub format for eBooks.
    Need to check it on Adobe. How?

• By Sergio Firronis - 4:30 PM on March 17, 2012

Excellent list

• By raul gonzalez - 4:22 AM on January 12, 2012

like this!!!

• By rj - 3:12 PM on January 3, 2012

hi none of these ereaders work on z80 based machines please?
    none of them use the dictionary in office as a basis for book compression?
    itu t v 44+IPR=921600 can transmit a book at what speed please? do i need a hi speed 921600bps serial port and to disable the onbaord 115200bps serial port on the bios?
    not one programming book includes working and alterable program examples
    is there any screen resolution and processor performance details
    when will flash players webcam feature actually work or detect a tv tuners two video inputs along with a tv encoder on a vga cards two more video input sources
    when i stream video from a quad core pc its 240×120 at one frame a second this is below the video output of an 8bit form the 80’s? 2.8ghz each core?

• By Pam Moy - 2:31 AM on October 16, 2011

I successfully transferred one public library book to my Aluretek LIBRE reader earlier last week. It worked so well I deleted the book I transferred in favor of one I would rather read and it comes up with “Failed to open the file”. I tried with other library books and received the same error. Downloaded one from your Adobe site and also got the same error. I have erased these from the Libre and erased them from Adobe Digital Editions Desktop (where they open fine) and tried it again 3 times to no avail. I have authorized this device successfully. WHY doesn’t this work? Please respond.

• By Claude Fra - 9:28 AM on August 23, 2011

I have bought several books from Borders whose site as to install Adobe Digital Editions(ADE) but now I have found that it doesn’t support the new reader that I just bought. I have Haipad M7+ with Samsung CPU. Is it possible to update ADE to support this reader/tablet so I can read the ebooks I bought?
    Thanks and regards

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 9:59 PM on September 27, 2011

Hi Claude, Please bring your questions over to our forums at: http://forums.adobe.com/community/dps. Our teams can help you best over there. Thanks!

• By Andy H - 10:18 PM on August 18, 2011

While Adobe is constantly evaluating which OS should be supported, perhaps you could consider supporting Windows 2000? How hard can it be, when you already support XP?

I have no intention of “upgrading” from win2k to XP. It’s a retrograde step, as far as I’m concerned. For that reason, I bought a Kindle instead of the Sony ePub reader I had been considering.

Do you ever do the maths of how many potential customers you exclude by these seemingly aribitrary decisions?

On the other hand, Adobe DRM sounds like a nightmare. So reinstalling my OS would invalidate all the books I’d previously bought? I don’t have the problem with my Kindle. Only the Kindle itself has to be registered. I can download books onto it just fine, either via free Whispernet or via my antiquated Windows 2000 based PC. I can also redownload them as often as I like.

• By marinesia almeida viana - 6:10 PM on July 16, 2011

quero estalar

• By pawn - 12:21 AM on July 13, 2011

where is linux support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! linux now. its annoying how you adobe and you google refuse to support linux. do it now before the world switches or your empires will be doomed. pls do it i am only warning you.

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 9:53 PM on July 28, 2011

Hi Pawn, Duly noted. Adobe is constantly evaluating which OS should be supported. Specific to Digital Publishing Suite, Linux is not included in the short term roadmap for support.

• By Paul Pomes - 3:16 AM on September 5, 2011

Then Adobe is going to lose some of their most likely hard-core customers. By choosing not to support Linux the most likely result is that your DRM will be cracked instead.

• By Ellie K - 1:47 PM on June 1, 2011

I had some problems using Adobe Digital Editions: PDF versus EPUB format, moving books/documents from Adobe Connect or Adobe Reader, whether to use Digital Editions or Reader for Google eBooks etc.

The Adobe forums are okay for getting help, but I’ve had the best luck with Adobe Online Support. It is free. I write out my problem or question, someone gives me a quick answer and if I require more help (like for a licensing issue or new version), then a more expert Adobe representative contacts me online within a day or two. I don’t have to talk to anyone on the phone (my preference!) and the support people are fluent in my language (English).

If anyone happens to read this post and needs help, I’d really recommend trying Adobe Online Support.

• By havban - 6:44 PM on May 26, 2011

sorry for my quick correction.

the device is showing now.. it is after I close and open the application a few time.. :)

thank you.

• By havban - 6:36 PM on May 26, 2011

Hi,

I’m using iRiver Cover Story with the latest firmware, but it seems that my device didn’t appear in adobe digital edition.

What should I do to make it appear?

It has been listed as supported device http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices.

your help would be very appreciated.

• By Anthony Kelly - 1:08 PM on May 2, 2011

I cannot find the iriver Story or Cover Story in your list of supported ereaders and if they aren’t there, then your list is out of date. I use a Cover Story and so I know they are supported.

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Admin - 11:56 PM on May 2, 2011

Hi Anthony- Thanks, we’ve updated the list to include this device.

• By StephenH - 8:04 PM on April 25, 2011

Okay, Windows, Mac, but as usual, no Linux. No Linux, no Adobe Digital Editions!
    I hope this can be remedied soon. I did see one book I would like to get and read, but since it requires ADE, I will have to pass.

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Admin - 11:59 PM on May 2, 2011

Hi Stephen- Yes, sorry Digital Editions is only available for Mac and Windows at present ..I’ve made a note of your feedback though. Thanks for reaching out!

• By pond - 2:18 PM on April 20, 2011

607685

• By Expgrace - 3:23 AM on April 7, 2011

I have an Aluratek: Libre Ebook reader and an ebook stored on Boarders Desktop. The program recognizes the device as an ebook reader, but requires me to authorize my computer using my Adobe login information. When entered, I get an error message saying it cannot authorize this device.

Any advice will be welcome.

• By Bookateria . - 5:13 PM on March 25, 2011

I ddi not install the ADE Software due to the:

“Items that you download from online retailers and libraries before authorizing your computer will be unreadable on other computers and will become unreadable on this computer if you re-install the operating system. To help safeguard your eBooks, it is recommended that you authorize your computer now. “

I have Public Domain and LEGALLY PURCHASED as well as eBooks I am developing

I do not want any overrides, invasions or preferences set by you on my systems

PS: although I CANCELLED the installation – ALL READER LINKS to my eBooks were BROKEN by the Adobe Installation – I had to reset them
    PSS: I had this installed in the past and – it does not read all formats – it is not OPEN
    I wait for the day Tablets or Slates [i.e. Slim Laptops] are Readers

• By jumabese - 10:55 PM on March 8, 2011

Ebookd Archos 70 eReader, Leyendo algunos libros y llegado a un número indeterminado de páginas da: “error desconocido”, y no se puede seguir leyendo. Sin embargo, el libro se lee perfectamente en el ordenador.
    Tendría que actualizar algo en Archos o sería problema del Adobe digital editions.
    Podría asesorarme alguien?
    Gracias

• By christopheredwards - 4:47 PM on February 15, 2011

I am just sending for this blog I’ll be the first to admit that I like to check out new music and artists before I buy the disc. DRM on eBooks seems foolish because if I buy the book in hardback, I can take it with me, pass it around to friends that might then go buy their own copies, and it can increase sales. It would be nice to buy an eBook and be able to share it with others that would then want to buy their own copies. Hell, make it so that if you “share” it with somebody it’s no longer on your reader, just like loaning out an actual book. I think that would increase sales while still protecting the medium. thanks
    =====================
    Ebooks Uk

• By Chris Airth - 10:47 AM on February 2, 2011

Existing PDF files seem fundamentally flawed for viewing on ereaders, judging from experience w/ a Kobo reader. The page layout in the PDF is for print and does not automatically adjust for the ereader, resulting in two main flaws – 1. dead space on the right or left of the screen, w/ consequent smaller-than-required font sizes 2. Poor scrolling experience, w/ differing results depending on whether one is at the top or bottom of the “print” page, which of course is irrelevant on the ereader. It seems like both flaws could easily be fixed w/ a software fix from Adobe even for old PDF files.

• By Pamela Ruttgers - 3:10 PM on February 1, 2011

I know I can’t use my kindle for these downloaded books but why can’t I read them on my macbook pro os x 10.6? All the free book I download go directly to my iTunes and I can’t read or hear them. I’ve authorized and computer downloads and then… nothing. Disturbing!

• By Valter Fernandes - 3:14 AM on January 22, 2011

I installed several different e-reader applicatives in my MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone in order to evaluate them. To read my e-books I had to activate the devices with my Adobe ID everytime I concluded any instalation. The problem is that I deleted the applicatives and re-installed just the best, but now I am not able to activate my devices anymore with my Adobe ID. I get the follow message: “activation failed”.
    What do I do now?

• By Suzie - 7:31 PM on January 12, 2011

how do i transfer ebooks from sony to my new cruz tablet. HELP HELP

• By James - 1:24 PM on January 9, 2011

This blog is just an announcement, for any issues with viewing the contents, please contact the correct channels.

• By judy girard - 3:56 AM on January 5, 2011

i.want to download some books on my ereader

• By Ed Struthers - 9:33 PM on January 30, 2011

Is there a flash player and digital editions that I can install on a MID epad w/android
      2.2? Everytime I try to download digital editions, it says I have to have flash player, but
      flash player will not download.

• By peter soldan - 2:55 PM on January 3, 2011

I buy a LOT of ebooks and would like to shop here but apparently the kindle is not supported.

• By Lok Boon - 6:28 PM on December 31, 2010

Does Adobe Digital Edition supports Iriver Cover Story E Reader ?

• By Matthew Budau - 4:47 AM on December 31, 2010

I have a cruz tablet with an aldiko Ebook system. I tried to load the book the way it describes on the Aldiko website but all i recieve is an error message that says “failed to open book. Possible reasons: The file is drm protected, The file is invalid or corupted or your phone is low on memory”. I know that the tablet is not low on memory and that the aldiko reader is on the list of readers that can be used to veiw Ebooks from Adobe digital Editions. Also Adobe digital editions will not recognize my tablet when i mount it to the computer where as it does with my brothers pandigital novel. Why won’t the Ebooks work and why can’t i read the Ebook when I import it to Aldiko? Can anyone help me?

• By Phillip Van Keuren - 4:48 PM on December 23, 2010

I have recieved a kindle model D00901 and it is not listed as being supported. Please help.

• By Dave Dickson - 11:25 PM on January 4, 2011

Because Amazon and the Kindle use a proprietary DRM, they don’t support books purchased from the 200+ publishers/distributors using Adobe eBook DRM.

• By Tim Meyer - 6:57 PM on December 19, 2010

I’m in the same boat as Richard above. Have purchased an Augen “TheBook” ebook reader as a Christmas gift to my wife. It claims to support ePub DRM but is not on your official list. That list should be updated frequently and have a link to notify the need for adding unlisted vendors.

It should also be expanded to include/register Android or other platform apps the support the standard. DRM is enough of an annoying mess. Publishers who are demanding DRM should also foot the bill for maintaining an always up-to-date database of all devices and apps that support their products.

Adobe could lead this charge, by forcing publishers using the Adobe ePub format to contribute financially to maintaining an accurate up-to-date list as described.

While I am on the soapbox, where is the Linux version of ePub? It’s already done with the android platform which is based on linux. So why not release it to other linux platforms?

• By Lynne Vorpagel - 5:33 AM on December 12, 2010

I don’t see the Kindle reader on your list. Why not?

• By Richard Jackson - 1:33 AM on December 29, 2010

Kindle doesn’t support Epub file format.

• By Gail Cohen - 11:27 PM on December 31, 2010

I believe that Kindle can download PDF files. Can any of these books be downloaded as a PDF file? If so I think, not certain, that you download the PDF to your computer and then download to your Kindle. Can anyone let me know if this is correct? thx

• By Richard Jackson - 6:22 PM on December 7, 2010

I was interested with purchasing a Pocketbook 902. While doing research I have found posting that it uses Adobe Digital Publishing for it DRM epub. I can’t find it listed as a supported device on the FAQ page on Adobe website. I’m am writing to confirm that it is supported or not? Also will it work with the new Google book store?

• […] currently available in its eBookstore catalog in PDF and ePub formats, the latter using DRM from Adobe. Google touts its model as the most “open” bookstore, allowing consumers to store books […]

• By Gerry Blythe - 3:21 PM on December 7, 2010

I use Adobe Digital Editions to download (borrow) books from Hampshire Public Library onto my Sony Reader. I have recently bought an Apple iPad and this does not seem to be compatible with Digital Editions. Will the new Google ebook service using Adobe Content Server 4 allow me to do this and if so, could you please advise me what to do!

• […] has adopted Adobe’s eBook DRM so their eBooks will work on the 85+ devices and applications that support Adobe’s digital […]

• By Bojan Zivkovic - 6:52 AM on December 7, 2010

Great thing is because InDesign is involved. InDesign is simple best tool on market to create book and ebook

• By Mel Martin - 3:57 AM on December 7, 2010

I have recently purchased a Kindle from Amazon, however I live in Canada and a significant number of books and publications are “blacked out” for Canadian readers.

Could you advise me if your service is available to Canadians and if all the books that are available to Americans are also available to Canadians?

• By Dave Dickson - 5:26 PM on December 7, 2010

Availability of titles depends on the agreement between a publisher and a distributor. As such, you need to check with your book retailer on availability.

• By Antonio - 8:41 AM on December 8, 2010

the device you have is your biggest problem, you’re stuck with one on distributor (never a good thing) I know Kobo books which is based in Canada had almost as much books as Amazon and they have very little restrictions to where they sell there books, except for a selected few that is. but if you wait long enough Amazon will eventually release the books to you guys.

• By Louis St-Amour - 12:51 PM on January 16, 2013

(1) Kindles don’t use Adobe DRM. They use Amazon’s. DRM.
      (2) You can tell Amazon, under Kindle preferences for your account on Amazon.com, that you live in the US for the purpose of book purchasing, and they’ll show you US pricing and availability. This is so that when you travel, you still have the same availability as you would at home. Note that you won’t be seeing as much Canadian content, necessarily, particularly now that Amazon.ca has Kindle books.

• […] à cela que Google a opté pour la solution DRM de chez Adobe, afin de pouvoir être largement diffusée sur plus de 85 appareils prenants en charge la […]