by Dave Dickson
When creating a digital publication, designers and production staff have options on how the folio file is displayed and rendered to the reader. One of my colleagues, Bob Bringhurst, today outlined some of these design and production options on his InDesign Docs blog, including answers to the questions below. Take a look at his blog post and see how these options can improve the user experience and readability of your publication.
- Single-folio or multi-folio viewer app?
- Orientation — vertical, horizontal, or both?
- What are the best options for dual-orientation apps?
- For multi-issue folios, should the preview folio be included or downloadable?
- What’s the best way to provide free preview content?
- Should vertical swiping be turned off?
- Smooth scrolling or page-by-page flipping?