March 7, 2011
Today, I’m happy to announce that the Enterprise Edition of Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is now shipping. Digital Publishing Suite is a set of hosted services that provide an end-to-end solution for publishers to create, distribute, monetize and optimize their publications on tablet devices. With the Enterprise Edition, publishers can integrate Digital Publishing Suite directly into backend publishing systems (including editorial publishing platforms and third party subscription systems), as well as access deep analytics powered by Omniture technology. These integrations allow publishers to customize Digital Publishing Suite to best meet their business objectives – including enabling cross-merchandising and insight into how readers interact with content and advertising. Of special note is the new Viewer Builder service that allows publishers to automatically create a publisher-branded Content Viewer, without restriction on number of apps created or the file size of the apps.
I’ve written some answers to frequently asked questions about the release of the Enterprise Edition. Read more below, and ask us questions about Enterprise Edition on Twitter @AdobeDigitalPub
What are the services shipping with Enterprise Edition?
In the Enterprise Edition, the shipping hosted services include:
- Distribution Service for the storage and fulfillment of digital issues to a wide variety of Android, iOS and RIM devices.
- Analytics Service to optimize content using a set of pre-defined analytics reports or through direct integration with an Adobe SiteCatalyst account for extended reporting and analysis
- Viewer Builder Service to preview, test and build publisher branded, signed viewers – without restriction on number of apps created or file size of the apps.
- Ecommerce Service for the sale of content through mobile marketplaces, including the Apple App Store, digital retail channels and direct publisher subscriptions
Will you support Apple App Store subscriptions and Google One Pass?
Yes. Publisher will be able to monetize their content through these services using Digital Publishing Suite. Read more in our earlier announcement.
What publishers are using Enterprise Edition?
Enterprise Edition is already used by publishers around the globe – including Bonnier, Condé Nast, Globo (Brazil), Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and National Geographic. Read more about customers using Digital Publishing Suite
On what devices will I be able to distribute content?
Digital Publishing Suite allows publishers to distribute their content on Apple iPad, Android devices like Samsung Galaxy Tab and Motorola Xoom, and forthcoming on the RIM PlayBook.
Does Enterprise Edition integrate with Creative Suite?
Definitely. Digital Publishing Suite integrates tightly with Adobe InDesign CS5. InDesign CS5 is available as a separate purchase from Digital Publishing Suite.
How is Enterprise Edition priced?
Enterprise Edition pricing is available through a custom quote and based on the following:
- Platform fee: A monthly fee to access Digital Publishing Suite hosted services; includes all titles in a publishing customer’s portfolio
- Service fee: A fee to deliver and fulfill publications across platform and devices incurred each time a user downloads an issue of a publication.
Enterprise Edition customers can also optionally engage with Adobe Professional Services for custom implementation and training on Digital Publishing Suite. Learn more about pricing.
When will the Professional Edition be available?
The Professional Edition is a turnkey, off-the-shelf set of services for publishers who wish to immediately publish to tablet devices. Professional Edition will be available later in Q2 2011.