May 1, 2013
By Teresa Demel
If you want to find a plethora of innovative and interactive advertisements built with Digital Publishing Suite, download Bullett Magazine for iPad. In fact, Bullett will be speaking in partnership with Levi’s about advertising in digital publications at the upcoming Digital Publishing Summit. (Register here.) This week, I’m featuring two Levi’s ads from their Future issue. One of the ads is for women, and one is for men. The ads educate Bullett’s hip audience about the Levi’s brand its latest designs.
Let me dig a little deeper into why I love a well-designed DPS ad. When executed properly, the ad hits the sweet spot of print and digital:
- The ad has the beautiful and thoughtful layout of print. It owns a full page of real estate (at least) and doesn’t try to distract from editorial content. Rather, it fits in as I’m flipping through the publication.
- It has the interaction and control made available in digital. If I’m interested, I can choose to drill deeper and deeper to learn more about the product. In this case, I can buy it right away. As a wise professor said to me, “People hate advertising, but they love shopping.”
In this ad of the week video, the opening page describes background about the Levi’s brand, fabrics, and construction. Scrolling down, I can learn more about the product. In the women’s ad, it uses a nested overlay – with buttons and slideshows embedded in a scrolling frame, so that I can flip through thumbnails of their clothing, and when I tap on a thumbnail that intrigues me, I can see a larger image of the product… and then buy it. The men’s ad has a similar format, allowing readers to zoom in on product details and ultimately purchase Levi’s clothing.
- Check out the Levi’s in Bullett ad of the week video to see how your brand can use Digital Publishing Suite to educate your audience about the brand.
- Register for the Digital Publishing Suite Summit in New York City to hear Levi’s and Bullett discuss advertising in digital publications.
- Download Bullett for iPad.