September 17, 2013
By Sonia Sawhney
The judging is complete and winners have been announced for Adobe & Adweek Digital Publishing Awards! Congratulations to Dan Marcolina of Marcolina Design, Inc. for receiving the Best Mobile App award and Fernando Carreira of the goodfellas for the Best Mobile Ad award. The winning entries used Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to develop ingenious, inventive, and effective apps and ads for tablets.
The Adobe & Adweek Digital Publishing Award recognizes the most innovative mobile ads and apps that reflect imaginative thinking, awesome creativity, and design acumen. This year’s winners truly harnessed the power of Digital Publishing Suite to create compelling experiences for consumers.
Entries were judged on originality of concept, execution of creative elements, and inventive use of interactive components to enhance understanding and engagement with content. The four judges on this year’s panel were:
- Joe Zeff, President, Joe Zeff Design
- Josh Klenert, Director of User Experience and Design, The Huffington Post
- Nick Mrozowski, Executive Creative Director, Adweek
- Carol Wells, Design Director, Adweek
Best Mobile App Award
Dan Marcolina of Marcolina Design, Inc. snagged the Best Mobile App Award, partnering with Rick Smolan of Big Data book. The winning app, The Human Face of Big Data, is an innovative app with enhanced stories bringing the Human Face of Big Data to life. Exploring the world from a new lens, this pioneering app is a seamless blend of interactive elements and groundbreaking ideas encapsulated into a digital journey. As we shared in the past, it’s no question that this is an award-worthy app. The Human Face of Big Data app transcends expectations with thought provoking concepts and extraordinary imagery woven into a truly seamless tablet experience.
Check out The Human Face of Big Data in the DPS Showcase Gallery to learn more.
Best Mobile Ad Award
Fernando Carreira of the goodfellas partnered with ALmapBBDO to bring home the Best Mobile Ad award. Fake Ad, the iPad ad for Bradesco Seguros, used Digital Publishing Suite to bring advertising to life on the tablet. As readers swipe across the screen, the advertisement’s car follows the direction leading to a crash. The interactivity embedded in this ad revolutionizes the way advertisers connect with readers by telling the story: “unexpected events happen without warning. Make a Bradesco car insurance plan.” The unexpected yet remarkably effective advertising racked up votes with this year’s judges to take home the Best Mobile Ad Award.
Experience Fake Ad in the DPS Showcase Gallery to learn more.
This year’s winners receive prize packages including:
- Trip to NY for Advertising Week + guest
- One Super Delegate conference pass to Advertising Week (Sept 23-27, 2013)
- Honored at Reception during Advertising Week (Monday, September 23)
- Winning entry featured as an insert in Adweek iPad edition digital publication
- One year Adobe Creative Cloud membership (estimated value $600)
- One year subscription to the Adweek iPad edition digital publication
- A ticket to 2014 CLIOS Awards
Explore the Adobe & Adweek Digital Publishing Awards:
- Best Mobile Ap Award Winner: The Human Face of Big Data – Dan Marcolina of Marcolina Design, Inc.
- Best Mobile Ad Award Winner: Bradesco Seguros Ad – Fernando Carreira of the goodfellas