Publisher: Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario
Published: 21, Feb 2013
Categories: Books & Reference, Business, Communication, Finance
iPad App Link
Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) and Creative Niche asked Canadians working in the creative industry to tell us what they get paid. With the participation of thousands of professionals, this report provides insight into the financial trends facing the creative sector in Canada.
Are you in: design; art direction; web production; digital; UX/UI; programming; advertising/marketing; communications; copywriting; creative education; strategy; community; account management or another creative profession? Do you work with creative professionals? If so, you’ll benefit from these findings, no matter your career stage or industry.
CreativeEarners stats include:
- 63% of creative business owners plan to hire full-time staff in the next 12 months
- 36% of advertising professionals receive bonuses
- Average hourly rate is $63.59 for social media freelancers, vs. $73.46 for freelancers in mobile development
- 71% of individuals working in the creative industry are not paid overtime
- 45% of business owners will seek out the most environmentally-friendly materials
- Average full-time freelance income is $43,168
- Median salary for an Art Director in Canada is $60,500
…and much more!
Find your place in the industry!