When trying to open a form in Workspace you may receive an error ALC-WKS-007-040, and the form will not be displayed.
This error can occur in many different situations. You should analyse the server log and see what the cause of the exception is.
Here are some examples where this error can occur:
- The form as specified in the render options cannot be found, or the render options are incorrect. This situation would often be accompanied by the following errors in the log:
- ALC-FRM-001-058: Cannot retrieve the resource from Repository Path
- ALC-FRM-001-035: Failed to load TemplateStream for FormQuery=…
- ALC-WKS-005-028: A problem occurred in the Render Service
- It is using some cached version of the form, and the cached version is then deleted. You may see the following errors in the logs in this situation:
- EJB Exception: : com.adobe.workflow.template.document.TemplateNodeNotFoundException: Template object: A1239961657505 not found.
- The root cause in the exception trace is: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.TaskNotFoundException: no task found for task ID = xxxx
- “The application has failed to start because omniDynamic411_vc8_rt.dll was not found.” error received in Windows.
Follow the respective solutions related to the situations above:
- Verify your render options in the xfaform variable. Use the parameters as specified in the online help:
- Upload the form again to the Resources view in Workbench, or create a new folder, and change the xfaform variable to reference the new form location.
- This error can occur in numerous situations following a migration from LC7 to ES. Solutions can be found under:
- Refer to solution in:
If you are upgrading a LC7 process which contains a User QPAC, to ES, there are some manual steps you should follow to be able to make the process work in ES.
You will need to change the lc7form variable to an xfaform variable, remove the init-form, configure endpoints and so on. You can find a detailed guide to this process under: