If you are using the Preflight feature in Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.1.2 you may encounter an application crash accompanied by the following error:
“Adobe acrobat has stopped working”
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Acrobat.exe
Application Version: 10.1.2.45
Application Timestamp: 4f02e85c
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000001
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
This is an issue with the Acrobat Pro 10.1.2 update on Windows only and has been fixed in the 10.1.3 update. It does not occur on Acrobat Std or Reader editions, and does not occur on Mac OS.
1. Open Acrobat.
2. Choose Help > Check for Updates.
Acrobat will install the update automatically.
You may also download and install this update manually from the website below:
- Log in to your computer as an Administrator.
- Click the link to download the AdobeAcrobatPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92893.zip file.
- Unzip the file to extract the executable AdobeAcrobatPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92893.exe.
- Close Acrobat if it is running.
- Do one of the following to run the AdobeAcrobatPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92893.exe file:
- Double-click the AdobeAcrobatPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92893.exe file.
- Run the AdobeAcrobatPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92893.exe file in silent mode by specifying the -silent flag on the command line. Open the command prompt ‘As Administrator’ to avoid UAC prompt dialog.
Example: <path to AdobeAcrobatPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92893.exe> -silent
- Once the process is completed, you receive a prompt stating the result of the operation.
Note: When run in silent mode, all dialog boxes are suppressed. No success message or error message appear.
- A log is created in the temp directory (%temp%) with the name AcroPatchApplication1012.log. (The changes sometimes only take effect after you restart your computer)