After updating to LiveCycle Designer ES2 QF4 (188.8.131.52.20110401.1.827986), you may notice that you are no longer able to delete the default value in rich-text fields. It is possible to edit the value, but when you delete it, the value will re-appear in the field after refreshing. This only happens for rich-text fields and not standard text fields.
This is an issue in LiveCycle Designer 9.5 QF4 and has been addressed in later versions, including Designer 10. If you require a quickfix for this issue in LiveCycle Designer 9 you should contact the enterprise support team.
You can delete the default value by opening the XML Source tab and removing the value manually.
With the latest release of Adobe Acrobat/Reader XI there is a new feature available for structuring text in rich-text fields in XFA-based forms. You can now add/modify tab-stops in rich-text fields using new UI components. Adding tab-stops in rich-text fields allows for better formatting and table-like structuring of the text, which is a much requested feature from customers and users.
You download the sample file tabstops_richtext_field_dyn.pdf to see how this feature works.
1. Open the sample file in Acrobat/Reader XI.
2. Place the cursor in the large rich-text field.
3. Press CTRL+E on the keyboard to bring up the Form Field Text Properties toolbar.
4. Click the button “More…”
5. You will see the new Tabs dialog where you can create/modify the tabs in the field.
6. From here you can create/modify/delete the defined tab-stops, and change the alignment (Left, Right, Center, Decimal), or the position.
You can now also use the key combination CTRL+TAB on the keyboard to tab between tab-stops in the rich-text field.
The measurement units for the tab stops are inherited from the units defined in the Preferences (Edit > Preferences > Units & Guides > Page & Ruler Units):