For anybody looking for more information about migration from LiveCycle 7.x to LiveCycle ES, there are some manual steps involved which you should know about so that you can plan your resources and testing around this.
The main manual tasks are:
- Upgrade process using Upgrade tool
- Delete init-forms
- Change each form variable type from ‘lc7form’ to ‘xfaform’
- Set render/submit service for each xfaform variable
- Remapping User QPAC’s input and output variables (in LiveCycle 7.x, the input can be a variable name, but in LiveCycle ES, it must be an xPath expression), if multiple User QPACs are used in a process, you have to remap the input/output one-by-one.
- Activate the new process version
You can find more information on each of the steps above in the LiveCycle Workbench ES documentation below.
Upgrading processes in LiveCycle Workbench:
…see the section under Creating Processes > Upgrading processes, particularly the section on Performing Upgrades.
For LiveCycle Workbench ES2.5 you should read the following documentation:
More information about the tasks involved in upgrading a process that uses an init-form bound to a schema: