So I get to escape the cold Midwest weather for a while. We will be participating in SolidWorks World and Pacific Design and Manufacturing in Souther California during the weeks of January 20 and January 27. I’ve included details below.
I also wanted to get out some news and reminders about the Acrobat 3D contest and recent price changes that you should know about. Read below to see the details…
Some Hot Topics:
- I wanted to write to give you a heads up that as of early this month, Adobe went live with a new price for Acrobat 3D Version 8. As you’re aware, the suggested retail price of the product has been US$995. The new suggested retail price is US$699.
- Adobe does ongoing pricing analysis of its products, and based on recent research believes the new price of Acrobat 3D will help make the product accessible to an even larger set of individuals and organizations in the manufacturing and AEC markets. For more on this subject see http://www.adobe.com/acrobat3d.
- The due date for the Acrobat 3D Contest is almost hear. January 31 is only three weeks away! Don’t forget to enter! It is SO easy to enter. It will really take just a small amount of time to win Acrobat 3D, an iPhone, a Dell laptop, or a 3D mouse.
Here is what you need to do:
- CONVERT A MODEL — simply take an existing CAD assembly that you own and use Acrobat 3D Version 8 to convert it to a 3D PDF – it’s that simple. You can even use the free 30-Day Acrobat 3D trial version.
- PICK A CATEGORY — Enter the Collaboration, Visualization, and CAD Data Interoperability or the Technical Publishing category depending on what type of work you wish to showcase.
- SUBMIT — Deadline for submission is January 31, 2008. Enter Contest.
On the Road Again:
California here we come… a chance to get away from the cold, cold Midwest weather for a couple of weeks. The Adobe Manufacturing Business Development Team (Jim Merry and me) will be at some events in the coming weeks that you may be interested in. Here are the details:
- The first is SolidWorks World in San Diego, January 20 through January 23. I have an opportunity to speak during a breakout session on Monday the 21st. SolidWorks a good partner company, and many, many customers blend SolidWorks and Acrobat 3D into their workflows… especially to share information outside of engineering and across the supply-chain. I am looking forward to sharing some success stories and how-to’s
- We will also be at Pacific Design and Manufacturing in Anaheim, January 29-31. This should be the West Coast’s largest manufacturing show. Stop by the Adobe booth to learn more about solutions for manufacturing. We look forward to seeing you there.
That’s all for today. See you.