Now that Adobe has announced CS5, you can use Dreamweaver CS5 Help without passwords. We encourage you to try out the help and report any problems with the content or with the new help client. If you’re already using Dreamweaver CS5, you can get started, by selecting Help > Dreamweaver Help.
If you’re prompted to install the AIR app update, please do. You’ll also be prompted to download the help content locally. You don’t need to download it if you’re normally connected to the Internet — the help client displays the online content by default. If you decide to download the content locally, please allow a few minutes for the files to download, unpack, and install.
It’ll take a week or two for the online content to be fully indexed by Google so search will take a while to come into its own.
CS5 introduces a new AIR-based help client called the Community Help Client, or CHC. Some of the benefits of the CHC:
- Breaks down content silos by letting users search and browse Adobe help content and Adobe-vetted community content in one place
- Provides users with the definitive Adobe help reference
- Provides users with a full offline help option
- Supports continuous updating of content, from a variety of sources
- Supports continuous updating of the help client app, allowing for iterative development like other Adobe services
If you have feedback on the help content or the help client as you work with Dreamweaver, please post a comment here and we’ll be sure that it gets sent to the CHC team.
For a list of new features in Dreamweaver CS5, see the What’s New page. Some highlights include new CSS layouts, a new simplified site setup, and integration with Adobe BrowserLab.