The Creative Cloud release of Dreamweaver on 9/24 introduced features like HTML5 Video/Audio, improved workflows etc. the videos are live (Thank you David Powers) and can be viewed at the following links:
Each video is less than 8 minutes making the learning faster for your web development needs.
Have you had issues using PhoneGap Build in Dreamweaver? If so, please make sure and download the latest Dreamweaver build from Adobe Application Manager described in the last blog post. This build contains vital PhoneGap Build bug fixes as well as enhanced security measures. Make sure and launch Adobe Application Manager and update!
For Creative Suite (non-Creative Cloud Members) users: If you are prevented from using Adobe Application Manager for any reason, please feel free to get the standalone patch here.
The latest update for Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 includes bug fixes in Live View, Code View and FTP file transfer. This update to Adobe Dreamweaver also ensures continued compatibility with the Adobe PhoneGap Build service and improves user experience. Below are some of the highlights of this bug fix update.
Specific updates to version 12.0.3 (Creative Suite version)
- Permission Issues encountered by multiple users during FTP transfer of files has been fixed.
- The keyboard shortcut of Cmd+H on Mac has been fixed.
- The CPU utilization shot to 100% for some cases when typing code in Code View
- Typing in the “Find and Replace” dialog was not possible when invoked via shortcuts
- After the search was completed via “Find and Replace” dialog, instant typing was not working in the code view.
- Live View performance issues have been fixed.
- Switching to Live View was crashing the application
- Optimizations for HiDPI display
Updates to both version 12.1.1 (Creative Cloud version) and version 12.0.3 (Creative Suite version)
- Continued compatibility with the Adobe PhoneGap Build service and improved user experience.
- Note: Upgrading to 12.1.1 will eliminate your stored customizations, keyboard shortcuts, etc. so please only upgrade if you require PhoneGap Build functionality.
Finally, we would like to acknowledge the help extended by Adobe Dreamweaver users in submitting “Crash Reports”. We have fixed some of the most common cases that were leading to crashes in this update also.
Note: The bug fixes mentioned above for 12.0.3 are already available to Creative Cloud members via 12.1 update.
Update: You can check if the update was successfully applied by checking the versions as mentioned below:
- For 12.0.3 it should be 18.104.22.16861
- For 12.1.1 it should be 22.214.171.12466