With Adobe Dreamweaver 12.2 CCM release, Dreamweaver’s Fluid Grid Layouts tool has the following improvements which helps users create responsive web pages more efficiently.
- Support for HTML5 Structural elements(Header,Footer,Section,Article etc), H1 to H6 and p tags can also be tweaked visually on the design surface.
- Nested elements can be manipulated visually, this was a drawback in the previous versions where nested elements could not be tweaked using the fluid grid layout handles.Users can use the left and right arrow to traverse through the nested and parent elements on the design surface(Live/Design View).
- Support for Classes along with ids – In the previous version only id’s could be inserted and used to make tweaks on the design surface , we now have support for classes where similar layout elements could use a class instead of an id. User also has the ability to insert an element without an id or class for example for a header element you might not need specific fluid classes.
- Smart HUD options – User can now duplicate elements,delete elements,hide elements,make an element absolutely positioned from within the design surface.
- Support for Absolutely positioned elements – Elements can be converted to Absolute Position and manipulated on the Design Surface.
Please watch the Demo video which showcases these improvements.