The Adobe Dreamweaver team made a patch available with version number 12.0.3 for Perpetual customers on 12/12/2012.
The patch had a side effect where Business Catalyst and BrowserLab panel will stop functioning for some users. If you are a 12.0.2 user, you will not run into such an issue. You can resolve this issue by downloading the zip from here and following the steps below:
Steps to be followed:
- Download and unzip the attached folder onto your system.
- Open the extracted folder.
- Right click on “BLBC_Extension_Update.bat” file that is present, to get context menu.
- If you are on Win Vista, Win7 or Win8 platform, choose “Run as administrator” option in the context menu. (**this step is very important as not running the batch script as an administrator, will not allow the script to copy files into system\program files\ folder)
- If you are on Win XP, just double click on the batch file to run.
- Follow the instructions shown in console and once copy of files is complete, launch Dreamweaver CS6 to check if BrowserLab extension is working or not.
The zip file contains required BL & BC files along with a batch script, that will copy files into corresponding extensions folder on the system. The zip file contains HTML, CSS & JS files and no executables.
Just two months after the release of Dreamweaver CS6, we’re excited to announce the immediate availability of an update to Dreamweaver that provides both product enhancements and fixes to known issues. Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 customers will receive a notification about the update in the Adobe Application Manager. Please read below for further information about changes and enhancements included in this update.
Enhanced workflow with Adobe Proto Adobe Proto lets you create interactive wireframes and prototypes of websites and mobile apps on your tablet. Now, with the update to Dreamweaver CS6, you can open your Adobe Proto projects directly within Dreamweaver, enabling you to continue working on the project, so as to move your prototype into production. You can read more about Adobe Proto here.
Fixes to issues identified by customers After the release of Dreamweaver CS6, we listened carefully to feedback from customers, so as to identify any high priority issues/bugs. One area where we received feedback was related to FTP connection/file transfer related issues. Dreamweaver CS6 made significant changes to the FTP functionality, with improved performance and workflow enhancements making the user experience better for the majority of customers. We did however work privately with a few customers who reported some problems and we have successfully resolved all known issues. Thank you all for helping us identify the issues in various real world scenarios with different configurations.
We have also made some workflow changes/bug fixes in the Find and Replace functionality.
- On Mac, the tabbing order for different fields like Find and Replace were not in a logical order. We have streamlined the user experience so that the tabbing behaves as expected.
- When a Replace All operation was executed for a search term, only the first instance was getting replaced. This was non-functional in Dreamweaver CS6 and we have fixed it in this update.
Finally, we have improved the experience of working with Business Catalyst sites. File transfer operations have been made asynchronous, allowing you to continue using Dreamweaver for other file editing while changes are being made to the Business Catalyst servers. There were also some instances when the “Manage Sites” dialog remained visible, which locked the application until the File transfer operation was completed – this has now been rectified.
The updates can be manually downloaded from here.
NOTE: This update is available to all Dreamweaver CS6 customers without any restriction to Creative Cloud subscribers only.