Deactivating a device from your ADE account

You can add multiple devices to your ADE account. Having two or more devices registered to the same account is useful if you want to read your book on multiple devices without having to buy it again. However, if you’ve activated too many devices, or if you want to update your OS, or simply need to move to a new or upgraded PC, you may want to deactivate ADE so you can free up your books for more devices or to put them back on the same PC after you upgrade it.  You can deactivate ADE directly from the application.  Here’s how to do it.

Select the menu item Help–> Erase Authorization.

While deactivating in ADE 4.0.3, the user has to provide valid user credentials to deactivate.

Deactivate1

Deactivate2

Deactivate3

For Vendor account, the user has to provide both the User name and Password by selecting the vendor.

Deactivate4

For Multiple or Joint Accounts, each accounts needs to be deactivated separately.

12 Responses to Deactivating a device from your ADE account

1. daniel mok says:

i followed above instructions to authorize my pc to open google account. My id and password can be used in google page but I could not use ade to open downloaded ascm file to convert file to pdf. I sent email consult woth google but google return email to me that should be the problem from adobe.
    pls help

2. daniel mok says:

i followed above instructions to authorize my pc to open google account. My id and password can be used in google page but I could not use ade to open downloaded ascm file to convert file to pdf. I sent email consult with google but google returned email to me that should be the problem from adobe.

3. pilar franco franchy says:

como puedo descargar adobe digital editions 2.0

4. Rx says:

Tried to process to de-authorize a device – “Unable to erase authorization – Please try again after some time”. More adobe shitware that doesn’t work with useless error messages.

• Michael Dominic says:

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.
      In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
      In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
      Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
      In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
      Your authorization will be deleted.
      ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

• Rob says:

Same problem with it not deauthorizing. “Unable to erase authorization – Please try again after some time” How do you do this on a Mac?

5. Theresa McDermott says:

Same problem but with a Mac.

6. Theresa McDermott says:

I have the same problem but with a Mac. Suggestions?

7. Jan J says:

Was unable to recall my password on old computer which has crashed. Downloaded books without a problem and could read.. After authorizing my new computer with a different password, I was unable to read downloaded books. Deactivated account and error message – vendor account entered not associated with the items your are trying to open. I am not sure what the vendor account should be. Multiple issues with this system and lack of knowledge how to resolve. Appreciate your assistance.

8. richards5082917 says:

What if you are not provided with an Erase Authorisation option?

9. Tried these steps and found my problem solved.
    Thanks a lot, Michael.
    Keep up the good work.

10. Ahmad Michly says:

I’m trying to deactivate other devices, the problem is it’s the same computer but we have to change motherboard and processor and it became a new computer. How can I deactivate account on all other devices that don’t exist anymore. Please help