by Rich Lee
Today Edge Preview 3.1 was released on Adobe Labs. Preview 3 is set to expire on December 31, 2011, regardless of when it was installed. Preview 3.1 extends the expiration until Preview 4 is available in January.
To continue using Edge, please follow these steps:
- Uninstall the version you currently have.
- Mac: Run the Edge Uninstaller in the folder named “Adobe Edge Preview”, located in Applications
- Windows: Uninstall “Adobe Edge Preview” using Add or Remove Programs
- Download Edge Preview 3.1
- Unzip the file and run the Adobe Installer
We intended to release Preview 4 before Preview 3 expires, but we feel it needs more work before making it available. We are VERY excited about the new features we’re working on, and think it will be worth the wait. Preview 4 will introduce:
- Symbols: Create reusable objects that animate and interact independently of the main composition.
- Persistent Code Panel: Easily navigate to any code in your composition.
- Element Display: Manage an element’s lifetime so they’re displayed only when needed.
Preview 4 will also include improvements to usability, as well as fit and finish.
Thanks for using Edge and being a part of our community. We’re sorry for the trouble and appreciate your understanding. Stay tuned for more updates on Preview 4, and Happy Holidays!