by Rich Lee
Edge preview 5 is now available on Adobe Labs! We’re VERY excited about this release, which has a lot of big updates – many of which were requested by the community. Here’s a quick overview:
New Publishing and Optimization Features:
- Publish to web: Preview 5 has an option to specify if jQuery should be packaged with the composition, or downloaded from a CDN to produce lighter code and improve caching.
- Down-level browser support: Define a fallback state of a composition for non-HTML5 browsers like IE8 and below.
- Preloader improvements: Choose what gets shown during the preloader, before the framework, jQuery, or composition is loaded.
Emphasis on animation:
- Timeline: We made several significant improvements to the timeline that make composing animations much easier and faster, such as an easier to use Pin (formerly the Mark) and smarter playback behavior.
- On-stage tools: New clip and transform tools make it easier to manipulate objects and create animation effects.
Many other enhancements:
- Improved symbol functionality, stage editing options, the ability to swap images, more intuitive contextual menus, many bug fixes, and much more have been added to preview 5.
See the full list of updates here.
And here’s the latest video from Adobe Fellow Mark Anders, who covers the latest goodies in preview 5.
Please download preview 5, give it a spin, and let us know what you think!