by Rich Lee
We’ve just released Edge preview 6, which has many significant updates:
- Built-in lessons: First-timers and newbies, rejoice! We have six new tutorials built right into Edge, to help new users get familiar with the basics.
- Coding: A new code panel gives you a complete view of the actions code in your project, and the code editor has a new full code mode.
- Publishing: Easily import your projects into Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite with InDesign CS6, or Apple iBooks author. We also have a new Static HTML Markup feature for SEO benefits, and Google Chrome Frame support for better fidelity on older browsers.
- Symbols: You can now copy/paste and import/export symbols from one project to another.
- Languages: Edge is now available in French, German, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish. Just go to the ‘Help’ menu to change it.
- Other cool stuff: The Preview in Browser function is now compatible with Adobe Shadow, auto-keyframe mode has been improved, editable time codes are back, and so much more to make Edge more efficient.
Check out this video with Mark Anders, who covers the new features in preview 6.
Also, our new microsite at edge.adobe.com is live! This is our new “home” where people can learn about Edge, get helpful resources, download samples, and more. Please let us know what you think.